• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Brissett's a solid starter in this league and certainly better than some team starters like Mariotta and Trubisky.
    as a Mariota apologist, just want to be on record that in no way shape or form is Jacoby the better quarterback than Marcus, and.... for that matter, the same will likely hold true for Mitch.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

will even go a stitch further, in asking the query: is Jacoby better than Tyrod ??

personally suspect that the answer favors Mr. Taylor.
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Jeebus, he played mistake-free football, made clutch throws. He did NOT throw an INT in the end zone, lol. I mean, come on, we won cuz their D was gassed, not cuz their QB sucked. Credit where credit is due.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

yes, they did run over us enough to deserve to win ...... they missed 3 easy kicks...... and lost the toss in OT is why they lost.....

Brissett is not for real....he did not prove anything.... we played badly and made him look way better than he is...... he has a super low career winning percentage...... TEN will dominate them this weekend.....

we got trucked in this game the same way we were trucked by NE and other teams last year.....Rivers saved the team many times last year like he always has.....
          this team has struggled stopping the run since Seau and harrison were let go...... this team has refused to draft real full sized every down type LBers since Seau...... all our LBers except
          Davis(who we did not draft) are under sized...... and since we do not have a jamal williams sized DT, we cannot stop anything up the middle ..... even on short yardage pl;ays we give up multiple yards..... before tackling the runner..... not being able to tackle is not something that turns on or off every week......

maybe its the defensive concept?...... last year against Balt, we jammed the box and rushed everyone through the gaps.... this year we seem to be trying to push the OL back instead of just shooting the gaps and tackling the backs in the backfield.......i think that is more disruptive especially when our DL doesn't have the power to push the OL back mano y mano......

we were holding our own early in the game, but in the heart and humidity be got weaker and weaker as the game where on...... thew game tying drive was like the dives NE had against us.... thank goodness we did not lose the toss in OT...... or we would have lost another season opener to an inferior team...... that wold haunt us at end of season....
          If they ran over us enough to deserve to win, they would have won. 3 kicks << 2 TOs.

Brissett - we'll see. You're right one game proves little, but thats not what you said. You assume he is bad when he just played very well

Rush D is a problem, i agree. I said before season started that was a top need, i'm still hoping the LB group gets better. faster smaller is the Chargers way - either by design or because big fast athletic players are again just harder to find. Gus needs a better design and guys need to make plays

I have no idea if we would have lost in OT w/o winning toss. You seem to know.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

I'm 50-50 on whether the Chargers are going to win this game in Deetroyt. Just too many injuries. The OL has to be the worst unit in the League at the moment without Okung and Scott and Tevi at the tackles. No Hunter, Mike Williams is iffy. No NFL worthy safeties, down to scrubs at CB. LB corps in flux. Hoping for a win of course, but really am skeptical if those players who are able to take the field can do it. We shall see.

Comment

• BoltBacker
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Las Vegas, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              I'm 50-50 on whether the Chargers are going to win this game in Deetroyt. Just too many injuries. The OL has to be the worst unit in the League at the moment without Okung and Scott and Tevi at the tackles. No Hunter, Mike Williams is iffy. No NFL worthy safeties, down to scrubs at CB. LB corps in flux. Hoping for a win of course, but really am skeptical if those players who are able to take the field can do it. We shall see.
              Worst line in the NFL? Ekeler and Jackson would disagree with that. Pass blocking was poor but doesn't paint the whole picture.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post

Worst line in the NFL? Ekeler and Jackson would disagree with that. Pass blocking was poor but doesn't paint the whole picture.
                You are right...they can open holes in the run game. So it was inaccurate for me to say they are the worst OL overall. But in pass pro, I think they are possibly the worst OL in the league.

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

You are right...they can open holes in the run game. So it was inaccurate for me to say they are the worst OL overall. But in pass pro, I think they are possibly the worst OL in the league.
                  According to football outsiders,they ranked 12th in run blocking and 27th in pass blocking. We finished ahead of Cle, Ten, GB, Sea and Hou in pass blocking.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

According to football outsiders,they ranked 12th in run blocking and 27th in pass blocking. We finished ahead of Cle, Ten, GB, Sea and Hou in pass blocking.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019
                    It's hard to believe that with Scott and Tevi at the tackle positions there are actually worse pass blocking offensive lines in the NFL. :lmao:

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

There are. Also the breakdowns up the middle are way worse.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019
                        If Trent Scott can get past his one, big bad habit,
                        we will rise to middle of the pack in Oline rankings.

Three consecutive bad plays, one series.
                        A brief bout with mental laziness ? IDK.
                        I bet he didn't even realize he lapsed back into this "Foolish Consistency."
                        (A little Ralph Waldo Emerson for ya, a little cultcha.)

Him, and everyone were good otherwise, even excellent at times.
                        Weren't you all happy with the screens ?
                        Look at the coaches tape !!

I will tell you one thing, Rivers will get killed
                        if TScott has his hands first down by his waist,
                        then up high and way wide, outside his shoulder pads,
                        in Pass Pro,
                        vs Von Miller and Bradley Chubb.
                        You don't know ball

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

If Trent Scott can get past his one, big bad habit,
                          we will rise to middle of the pack in Oline rankings.

Three consecutive bad plays, one series.
                          A brief bout with mental laziness ? IDK.
                          I bet he didn't even realize he lapsed back into this "Foolish Consistency."
                          (A little Ralph Waldo Emerson for ya, a little cultcha.)

Him, and everyone were good otherwise, even excellent at times.
                          Weren't you all happy with the screens ?
                          Look at the coaches tape !!

I will tell you one thing, Rivers will get killed
                          if TScott has his hands first down by his waist,
                          then up high and way wide, outside his shoulder pads,
                          in Pass Pro,
                          vs Von Miller and Bradley Chubb.
                          I tried explaining this to a friend who was calling for his head after the game. It was absolutely not ideal, but outside of a series, he had a solid game and you can see the potential there. I also like that he was able to shake it off and got back to work. And it's not like good LT's are just sitting around waiting for TT to call, so we're rolling with him for the time being, whether us fans like it or not.

And luckily he's got another week to get comfortable against a so-so pass rush and clean things up before facing a true test in Houston. And then has a week to gain some confidence back before facing those dreaded Donks.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍