• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Lions will be without Taylor Decker today. We get to see Melvin and Joey go against Woody's former man crush Tyrell Crosby... Jarrad Davis is out, too.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      Lions will be without Taylor Decker today. We get to see Melvin and Joey go against Woody's former man crush Tyrell Crosby... Jarrad Davis is out, too.
      Wait a min-ute.
      I bean misconstrued...
      You don't know ball

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Mike Williams is good to go. Not sure how good.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

We're gonna win. Philip just shock hands with nuns in Rock City.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            I had Crosby highly rated and high on my draft board.

Looks like Tyrell will be the starting LOT today. Hopefully we abuse him!!!

ALLEN PARK -- Taylor Decker's week just keeps getting worse.

The Detroit Lions left tackle allowed a league-high seven pressures in the opener. Then he popped up on Wednesday's injury report with a back injury. And on Friday, he wasn't doing much at all during the 20 minutes that were open to reporters.

Decker has started 25 straight games at left tackle, but struggled to recapture his rookie form. He's been up and down, and really struggled in the tie against Arizona on Sunday. He allowed the seven pressures, two of which resulted in sack-fumbles. One of them led directly to a field goal, a critical score in the split with the Cardinals. And he committed four penalties for good measure (one of which was declined).

The problems at left tackle pose a serious concern for Detroit (0-0-1), which welcomes the Los Angeles Chargers (1-0) for the home opener on Sunday at Ford Field (1 p.m., CBS). Los Angeles features a dynamic edge-rushing duo in Melvin Ingram and Joe Bosa, both of whom registered sacks in Week 1. Now there seems to be a chance Decker will play hurt, if he plays at all. Injury designations are due at 4 p.m. today.

Tyrell Crosby was at left tackle as Detroit wrapped up preparations for the Chargers on Friday. A fifth-round pick last year, Crosby has played in 11 games and made two starts, mostly while playing as a swing tackle. He progressed nicely as a rookie, but struggled badly in the preseason this year. He also dealt with concussion issues.

Kenny Wiggins could also be an option. He's practiced well enough this year to work into a rotation with Joe Dahl at left guard and Graham Glasgow at right guard, and has the size and versatility to kick outside.

Every player was accounted for at practice once again, including Rashaan Melvin (knee) and Da'Shawn Hand (elbow).
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RaKurai50 View Post

1) Utter nonsense. The Jags appear primed to remain cellar dwellers in 2019. 2017, their lone good (decent) season, looks very much like an outlier at this stage. Now that they're starting a rookie QB, they're going to contend for a division title??? Just wait until Minshew faces-off against a legitimate NFL defense.

2a) If there was even a minute threat that Watson could play a full 16 games, MAYBE....

3) Goooood luck with that. Sans Clowney, teams are now free to double-up on Watt, greatly hindering his impact...

2b) Watson-Hopkins-Stills kept them in the game last week, but that (albeit impressive) trio's lifespan seems suspect.
              First off, great post from a rookie! Well written piece... I hope that you don't mind that I've condensed your post. I've cut out a lot of the emotional fluff to address some of your post's shortcomings...

1) I never said that the Jags will contend for the division. Their D will keep them in games. It will be up to the offense to keep their D off the field. We'll see how well the Jags are able to run the ball once Cam gets back healthy. In the end, I think Colts and Jags are fighting for bottom of the division. I see teams that are 7-9 finishers.

2a) The Texans brought Tunsil in specifically to help keep Watson healthy. Comparing Tunsil to Trent Scott was my favorite part of your post... talk about utter nonsense.
              2b) I don't know if anyone noticed... but Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde both averaged 8 yds/carry against a Saints run defense that was very good vs. the run last year. Maybe it was the passing threat that kept the Saints LB's off the LOS, maybe the Texans OL is that good at run-blocking... Whatever the case, it's a good sign for the Texans offense that may not have to lean so much on their passing game.

3) This was my second favorite bit of utter nonsense... It's almost as if you forgot that JJ Watt had two seasons of 20+ sacks without Clowney on the field. If anything slows JJ Watt, it will be Father Time... not non-existent Jadeveon Clowney double teams... "Let's double Clowney and single Watt!", said no team ever...

It was a well-written piece... just a little light on facts... a little heavy on rhetoric.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I had Crosby highly rated and high on my draft board.

Looks like Tyrell will be the starting LOT today. Hopefully we abuse him!!!
                IIRC, there were a large number of CMB'ers high on Crosby... some having him as high as a late 1st round pick... I liked him as a guard... mid round. I noticed they rolled protection his way on 3rd and 7. The safety blitz (Watkins?) from the other side, saw a clear path to Stafford and forced an early throw. Ball-watchers may have missed that nuance...

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                  We're gonna win. Philip just shock hands with nuns in Rock City.
                  so much for the Nuns

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    😂