First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WindsorUK
    replied
    Originally posted by assman3000 View Post
    As long as Phillip Rivers hits the field and not his evil twin Phillip Givers we should be ok
    That's brilliant!
    Hopefully they left him in the 4th quarter in Carson.

Leave a comment:

• UglyTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post
    Chargers are 2-1 vs Lions during the Rivers era. Our only game in Detroit was a Christmas Eve disaster in 2011, losing 38-10. Hopefully Rivers can play better in the Motor City this time around. I'm expecting a dog fight, just hope we can finish it on top.
    Was that one in which had we won it then we would have made playoffs?

Leave a comment:

• assman3000
    replied
    As long as Phillip Rivers hits the field and not his evil twin Phillip Givers we should be ok

Leave a comment:

• DontEverGiveUp
    replied
    Chargers are 2-1 vs Lions during the Rivers era. Our only game in Detroit was a Christmas Eve disaster in 2011, losing 38-10. Hopefully Rivers can play better in the Motor City this time around. I'm expecting a dog fight, just hope we can finish it on top.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by RaKurai50 View Post
    Greetings forum members! Allow me to apologize in advance for any future rude, boorish, dismissive, or otherwise arrogant behavior. A long-time lurker, I have nothing but respect for the collective football acumen of this most bad-ass board, made up of some of the most loyal, knowledgeable, fans in this league. I learn something new each and every visit and for that, I truly love you all.

Utter nonsense. The Jags appear primed to remain cellar dwellers in 2019. 2017, their lone good (decent) season, looks very much like an outlier at this stage. Now that they're starting a rookie QB, they're going to contend for a division title??? Just wait until Minshew faces-off against a legitimate NFL defense.

If there was even a minute threat that Watson could play a full 16 games, MAYBE. But the way he continually exposes himself, there's very little reason to expect he makes it through the season, let alone into the playoffs. Tunsil was a turnstile in week one and Watson was sacked six times. SIX TIMES. He also took 11 hits. 11! Now, I realize he hasn't had time to properly acclimate, but he was outplayed (arguably) by Trent Scott. TRENT SCOTT!

Last season, the Texan's strength of schedule was ranked 32nd. This year? 3rd.

Goooood luck with that. Sans Clowney, teams are now free to double-up on Watt, greatly hindering his impact. With a now depleted front 7, and an offensive line that remains leaky, not allowing Watson to establish consistent offensive production, the Texans are trending down hard.

Watson-Hopkins-Stills kept them in the game last week, but that (albeit impressive) trio's lifespan seems suspect.

Predictably, the NFL's legion of beer-soaked, ball-watchers has been seduced by the Texan's (admittedly sexy) skill positions group and I for one could not be more grateful. Likewise, the shear (on paper) potential of the Jaguar's all-star, defense is certain to lead many an aspiring handicapper down the primrose path (again) this season, which is also very sweet.

Fortunately, no one gives a damn what I think (nor, perhaps, should they) and I wouldn't have it any other way. Regardless, that division, barring catastrophic injury, seems far more likely to come down to Colts - Titans from my perspective. If I had to choose, I would take the Colts, if only because of the (superior) talent surrounding Brissett, and the fact that he looks like a better pure passer than Mariota. The Titans might not get waxed as bad this year by the Colts, as they did in 2018, but, at least as it stands, I certainly see no good reason to favor the Titans in either of their matchups this season.

This should put the Bolts opening day, overtime victory in a different light for some, especially given the key components missing (James, Okung, M. Davis, T. Williams, M. Gordon).

Solid first post. Good to have you at TPB!

Leave a comment:

• DontEverGiveUp
    replied
    Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
    Bad game last week is a thing of the past but got that W ! This is about the W so honestly I don't care how it's achieved just get it .Protect Rivers we win .
    Agreed. And honestly, when we protect Rivers and the defense plays respectably, we will almost always win.

Leave a comment:

• Protect17
    replied
    Bad game last week is a thing of the past but got that W ! This is about the W so honestly I don't care how it's achieved just get it .Protect Rivers we win .

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied

Oh good. No Fouts, equals a W
    And no LT...look, LT was great on the field, not so great in the booth...now that Jones is gone, we don't have to listen to LT referring to Cardale as "Kordell"...but I did hear him call Sam Tevi..."Sam TV"....sigh....

Leave a comment:

• SDBORN
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Wasn't Fouts on the broadcast v Indy?
    I don't remember him being on it. Fouts is definitely negative mojo in general.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied

Wasn't Fouts on the broadcast v Indy?

Leave a comment:

• assman3000
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

CBS broadcast map. Chargers-Lions is the yellow. Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon are the announcers.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Memo to Tranquill.
    AZ blocked a punt last Sunday vs DET.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰