First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Thats not the TT model. We take a RB in the top 15, trading up as necessary. The next four years we cycle UDFAs thru camp and grab one or two Rd 7 scrubs looking for a hidden gem. Cycle restarts and another top #1 ...
    That happened once.

Leave a comment:

• SDBORN
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=lion...9yj;tb2;fp;1;;

Watched the highlights of Detroit's game v the Cards last week. The Cards' D spent a fair amount of time in the Lions' backfield in the 1st half. Detroit supposedly has one of the better OL. They dumped Stafford three times. Could be some opportunity there for Bosa & Co. Also ... the Lions' rookie TE had a phenomenal game for a rookie in his first game ever. Looks like Travis Kelce, He's gonna be a problem for our safeties and LBs on Sunday. I have him in our fantasy league, started him last week and plan to start him again this week.
    Our defense generally makes Kelce a non factor for what it's worth.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied

Watched the highlights of Detroit's game v the Cards last week. The Cards' D spent a fair amount of time in the Lions' backfield in the 1st half. Detroit supposedly has one of the better OL. They dumped Stafford three times. Could be some opportunity there for Bosa & Co. Also ... the Lions' rookie TE had a phenomenal game for a rookie in his first game ever. Looks like Travis Kelce, He's gonna be a problem for our safeties and LBs on Sunday. I have him in our fantasy league, started him last week and plan to start him again this week.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, maybe TT's RB drafting model needs to change...I'd much rather take an OT or CB in round 1 and RB in round 3-4...TT has shown a willingness to change earlier models...for example, he used to regularly spend a 4th rounder to move up in round 1, but hasn't done that the past few years...
    I agree. He should try using his 3rd round pick on RB given his track record to date. I have hope for this year's 3rd but long ago gave up on the others. KA excepted, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Thats not the TT model. We take a RB in the top 15, trading up as necessary. The next four years we cycle UDFAs thru camp and grab one or two Rd 7 scrubs looking for a hidden gem. Cycle restarts and another top #1 ...
    Well, maybe TT's RB drafting model needs to change...I'd much rather take an OT or CB in round 1 and RB in round 3-4...TT has shown a willingness to change earlier models...for example, he used to regularly spend a 4th rounder to move up in round 1, but hasn't done that the past few years...

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied

Ninja, agree that our D needs to improve on all of the above, and I will also add they need to do a better job SHEDDING BLOCKS...too many wide open holes opened up for Mack...

BTW, Mack was drafted in round FOUR in 2017...one more example that good backs can be had in middle rounds...

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Kyzir and TDavis had 23 combined tackles/15 solo in week uno.
    I posted this elsewhere but here is a breakdown of Marlon Mack's stats against us.....

2 long runs accounting for 88 of his rushing yards. Without those 2 carries he ran 23 times for 86 yards or 3.7 YPC. When the ponies were down 9/+ their run game was very effective.
    Full D issue. Tackling, run lane fill assignments, LOS play, and knockout mindset need to continue improvement.
    Ninja, agree that our D needs to improve on all of the above, and I will also add they need to do a better job SHEDDING BLOCKS...too many wide open holes opened up for Mack...

BTW, Mack was drafted in round FOUR in 2017...one more example that good backs can be had in middle rounds...

Leave a comment:

• SDBORN
    replied

Cardale may be available...
    It's Kordell TC. You should know better smh

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yup, White needs to lose the pounds and Bradley needs to put him back at WILL and start Tranquill at MIKE. Can't be worse than what we saw vs Indy.
    Kyzir and TDavis had 23 combined tackles/15 solo in week uno.
    I posted this elsewhere but here is a breakdown of Marlon Mack's stats against us.....

Marlon Mack #25 RB

Indianapolis Colts | Official Team Site

Height: 6-0 Weight: 210 Age: 23

Born: 3/7/1996 Sarasota , FL

College: South Florida

Experience: 3rd season

High School: Booker HS [Sarasota, FL]

CAR

YDS

AVG

TDS

12019 2018 2017
    Attempts Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
    Attempts 1-Through-10 10 51 5.1 25 0 3
    Attempts 11-Through-20 10 114 11.4 63 1 6
    Attempts 21-Through-30 5 9 1.8 4 0 2
    Field Position Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
    Opp 19-1 - by Yard Line 4 16 4.0 7 0 2
    Opp 49-20 - by Yard Line 9 43 4.8 10 0 4
    Own 1-20 - by Yard Line 2 12 6.0 7 0 1
    Own 21-50 - by Yard Line 10 103 10.3 63 1 4
    Half Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
    1st Half 8 21 2.6 7 0 2
    2nd Half 17 153 9.0 63 1 9
    Last Two Minutes of Half 3 10 3.3 4 0 1
    Home/Away Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
    Road Games 25 174 7.0 63 1 11
    Margin Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
    Margin 0-7 25 174 7.0 63 1 11
    Point Situation Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
    Behind 23 173 7.5 63 1 11
    Behind by 1-8 Points 18 67 3.7 9 0 8
    Behind by 9-16 Points 5 106 21.2 63 1 3
    Tied 2 1 0.5 4 0 0
    Quarters Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
    1st Quarter 4 3 0.8 4 0 0
    2nd Quarter 4 18 4.5 7 0 2
    3rd Quarter 8 124 15.5 63 1 5
    4th Quarter 9 29 3.2 7 0 4
    Field Type Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
    Grass 25 174 7.0 63 1 11
    2 long runs accounting for 88 of his rushing yards. Without those 2 carries he ran 23 times for 86 yards or 3.7 YPC. When the ponies were down 9/+ their run game was very effective.
    Full D issue. Tackling, run lane fill assignments, LOS play, and knockout mindset need to continue improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Jags defense will dominate colts offense. Texans offense will shred the colts defense. Tennessee will steamroll that colts defense.
    Colts offense will dominate an undisciplined Jags defense (that will probably have half its players ejected five minutes into the game). The Colts defense will destroy Watson, who is behind the worst OL in the NFL, and the Colts offense will shred the Texans weak secondary. It'll be an interesting matchup between the Titans and Colts. Luckily, Brisset won't throw three interceptions in the fourth quarter like Mayfield did.

See I can play this game too

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
    It is an interesting idea... but I would rather him just get moved back to WILL where he excelled before getting hurt last season. He has also gained some weight since his days in WV. I would really like to see Nasir at FS, White at WILL and Tranquill at MIKE.... Oh yeah, and JJ + Tillery need to be on the field and dominating.
    Yup, White needs to lose the pounds and Bradley needs to put him back at WILL and start Tranquill at MIKE. Can't be worse than what we saw vs Indy.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    how 'bout letting Kyzir step in for Derwin @SS ??
    How about this: Feed Rayshawn pancakes for a week to put on some weight, move him to SS, and Adderley takes over at FS...problem solved...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍