First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by SYB View Post

According to football outsiders,they ranked 12th in run blocking and 27th in pass blocking. We finished ahead of Cle, Ten, GB, Sea and Hou in pass blocking.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019
    It's hard to believe that with Scott and Tevi at the tackle positions there are actually worse pass blocking offensive lines in the NFL. :lmao:

Leave a comment:

• SYB
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post

You are right...they can open holes in the run game. So it was inaccurate for me to say they are the worst OL overall. But in pass pro, I think they are possibly the worst OL in the league.
    According to football outsiders,they ranked 12th in run blocking and 27th in pass blocking. We finished ahead of Cle, Ten, GB, Sea and Hou in pass blocking.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post

Worst line in the NFL? Ekeler and Jackson would disagree with that. Pass blocking was poor but doesn't paint the whole picture.
    You are right...they can open holes in the run game. So it was inaccurate for me to say they are the worst OL overall. But in pass pro, I think they are possibly the worst OL in the league.

Leave a comment:

• BoltBacker
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post
    I'm 50-50 on whether the Chargers are going to win this game in Deetroyt. Just too many injuries. The OL has to be the worst unit in the League at the moment without Okung and Scott and Tevi at the tackles. No Hunter, Mike Williams is iffy. No NFL worthy safeties, down to scrubs at CB. LB corps in flux. Hoping for a win of course, but really am skeptical if those players who are able to take the field can do it. We shall see.
    Worst line in the NFL? Ekeler and Jackson would disagree with that. Pass blocking was poor but doesn't paint the whole picture.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    I'm 50-50 on whether the Chargers are going to win this game in Deetroyt. Just too many injuries. The OL has to be the worst unit in the League at the moment without Okung and Scott and Tevi at the tackles. No Hunter, Mike Williams is iffy. No NFL worthy safeties, down to scrubs at CB. LB corps in flux. Hoping for a win of course, but really am skeptical if those players who are able to take the field can do it. We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Charge! View Post

yes, they did run over us enough to deserve to win ...... they missed 3 easy kicks...... and lost the toss in OT is why they lost.....

Brissett is not for real....he did not prove anything.... we played badly and made him look way better than he is...... he has a super low career winning percentage...... TEN will dominate them this weekend.....

we got trucked in this game the same way we were trucked by NE and other teams last year.....Rivers saved the team many times last year like he always has.....
    this team has struggled stopping the run since Seau and harrison were let go...... this team has refused to draft real full sized every down type LBers since Seau...... all our LBers except
    Davis(who we did not draft) are under sized...... and since we do not have a jamal williams sized DT, we cannot stop anything up the middle ..... even on short yardage pl;ays we give up multiple yards..... before tackling the runner..... not being able to tackle is not something that turns on or off every week......

maybe its the defensive concept?...... last year against Balt, we jammed the box and rushed everyone through the gaps.... this year we seem to be trying to push the OL back instead of just shooting the gaps and tackling the backs in the backfield.......i think that is more disruptive especially when our DL doesn't have the power to push the OL back mano y mano......

we were holding our own early in the game, but in the heart and humidity be got weaker and weaker as the game where on...... thew game tying drive was like the dives NE had against us.... thank goodness we did not lose the toss in OT...... or we would have lost another season opener to an inferior team...... that wold haunt us at end of season....
    If they ran over us enough to deserve to win, they would have won. 3 kicks << 2 TOs.

Brissett - we'll see. You're right one game proves little, but thats not what you said. You assume he is bad when he just played very well

Rush D is a problem, i agree. I said before season started that was a top need, i'm still hoping the LB group gets better. faster smaller is the Chargers way - either by design or because big fast athletic players are again just harder to find. Gus needs a better design and guys need to make plays

I have no idea if we would have lost in OT w/o winning toss. You seem to know.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Jeebus, he played mistake-free football, made clutch throws. He did NOT throw an INT in the end zone, lol. I mean, come on, we won cuz their D was gassed, not cuz their QB sucked. Credit where credit is due.

Leave a comment:

• beachcomber
    replied
    will even go a stitch further, in asking the query: is Jacoby better than Tyrod ??

personally suspect that the answer favors Mr. Taylor.

Leave a comment:

• beachcomber
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Brissett's a solid starter in this league and certainly better than some team starters like Mariotta and Trubisky.
    as a Mariota apologist, just want to be on record that in no way shape or form is Jacoby the better quarterback than Marcus, and.... for that matter, the same will likely hold true for Mitch.

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

They didnt run over us enough times to win. No reason for this lament that we suck because we didn't dominate them. There's nothing anywhere that supports we must have dominated them. They are pros, they get paid too. They have a monster OL and are a playoff contender. The one question was if Brissett was for real, and he proved he is. Thats a very good team and we won. yea!

Just because we got trucked in this game doesn't mean we will get steam rolled every game. Lets watch another game before we draw trend lines straight into a ditch.

That said - i've always believed that a monster space-clogging NT is a great asset to a team. A guy that always commands double team, stops interior surge and beats it frequently. I don't buy the modern notion that they are a thing of the past - i think they are just really hard to find NTs that are really that big, but not too tall (hence get stood up), and have the needed athleticism. We are a bit undersized on DL but they are pros and will figure some stuff out. There's different ways to win.
    yes, they did run over us enough to deserve to win ...... they missed 3 easy kicks...... and lost the toss in OT is why they lost.....

Brissett is not for real....he did not prove anything.... we played badly and made him look way better than he is...... he has a super low career winning percentage...... TEN will dominate them this weekend.....

we got trucked in this game the same way we were trucked by NE and other teams last year.....Rivers saved the team many times last year like he always has.....
    this team has struggled stopping the run since Seau and harrison were let go...... this team has refused to draft real full sized every down type LBers since Seau...... all our LBers except
    Davis(who we did not draft) are under sized...... and since we do not have a jamal williams sized DT, we cannot stop anything up the middle ..... even on short yardage pl;ays we give up multiple yards..... before tackling the runner..... not being able to tackle is not something that turns on or off every week......

maybe its the defensive concept?...... last year against Balt, we jammed the box and rushed everyone through the gaps.... this year we seem to be trying to push the OL back instead of just shooting the gaps and tackling the backs in the backfield.......i think that is more disruptive especially when our DL doesn't have the power to push the OL back mano y mano......

we were holding our own early in the game, but in the heart and humidity be got weaker and weaker as the game where on...... thew game tying drive was like the dives NE had against us.... thank goodness we did not lose the toss in OT...... or we would have lost another season opener to an inferior team...... that wold haunt us at end of season....

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
    Their forum fans aren't too optimistic.

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...me-week-thread
    I don't blame them - they suck

Leave a comment:

• SuperCharged
    replied
    Their forum fans aren't too optimistic.

Leave a comment: