First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

They didnt run over us enough times to win. No reason for this lament that we suck because we didn't dominate them. There's nothing anywhere that supports we must have dominated them. They are pros, they get paid too. They have a monster OL and are a playoff contender. The one question was if Brissett was for real, and he proved he is. Thats a very good team and we won. yea!

Just because we got trucked in this game doesn't mean we will get steam rolled every game. Lets watch another game before we draw trend lines straight into a ditch.

That said - i've always believed that a monster space-clogging NT is a great asset to a team. A guy that always commands double team, stops interior surge and beats it frequently. I don't buy the modern notion that they are a thing of the past - i think they are just really hard to find NTs that are really that big, but not too tall (hence get stood up), and have the needed athleticism. We are a bit undersized on DL but they are pros and will figure some stuff out. There's different ways to win.
    Sunday's team won't necessarily be the team at the end of the season. Chargers last two years steadily improved as the season progressed. Give them a chance before burying them. They have reinforcements returning.....its the healthiest team at the end of season that matters

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Those points are not the point...... this game is a game the Chargers should have dominated, but because we cannot stop the run this game was way closer than it should have been and we were very lucky to win it...... yes we have lost games by missing kicks, but those games should not have been close in the first place......

its great that we won, as in just win baby.... but if we cannot stop the run, every team will run at will on us keeping game close and they are not going to miss 3 kicks.....
    king muffing the punt is not likely to happen again..... he's pretty dependable...... but our getting run over by a running game is something that will is going to keep happening unless our front 7 steps up..... maybe we just are not big enough or strong enough?.....
    They didnt run over us enough times to win. No reason for this lament that we suck because we didn't dominate them. There's nothing anywhere that supports we must have dominated them. They are pros, they get paid too. They have a monster OL and are a playoff contender. The one question was if Brissett was for real, and he proved he is. Thats a very good team and we won. yea!

Just because we got trucked in this game doesn't mean we will get steam rolled every game. Lets watch another game before we draw trend lines straight into a ditch.

That said - i've always believed that a monster space-clogging NT is a great asset to a team. A guy that always commands double team, stops interior surge and beats it frequently. I don't buy the modern notion that they are a thing of the past - i think they are just really hard to find NTs that are really that big, but not too tall (hence get stood up), and have the needed athleticism. We are a bit undersized on DL but they are pros and will figure some stuff out. There's different ways to win.

Leave a comment:

• Panamamike
    replied
    Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Those points are not the point...... this game is a game the Chargers should have dominated, but because we cannot stop the run this game was way closer than it should have been and we were very lucky to win it...... yes we have lost games by missing kicks, but those games should not have been close in the first place......

its great that we won, as in just win baby.... but if we cannot stop the run, every team will run at will on us keeping game close and they are not going to miss 3 kicks.....
    king muffing the punt is not likely to happen again..... he's pretty dependable...... but our getting run over by a running game is something that will is going to keep happening unless our front 7 steps up..... maybe we just are not big enough or strong enough?.....
    We got run over in the seconded half, not the first. Every team does not possess the line that Indy has. I will be concerned if DET runs it down our throat this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Who cares about the penalties and who got what for points. We have lost games this way so if we win one, who gives a crap.
    We will probably lose one because of the refs this year. Many teams have this problem. It's league wide. I won't apologise for Venitieri missing FGs. We lost playoffs games because of that.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
    People are severely overestimating this Chargers team.

The Colts dominated the football game and should have won by 2 TDs.

We scored 2 TDs off BS penalties (the first one off the personal foul on the field goal and the next one when they called a penalty on what should have been a sack fumble)

Then the Colts had a TD taken off the board and missed 2 field goals.

It basically adds up to getting dominated by a backup QB.

Negatives:

Chargers have SEVERE problems in pass protection. Chargers haven't had a quality Oline since '08 and this is the worst tackle tandem I've seen. Historically when Rivers pass protection has been this bad they went 7-9 in '12 under Norv and 4-12 and 5-11 under Mike McCoy.

Chargers have SEVERE problems at LB. Kyzir White has no idea what he's doing at MLB. It's not gonna get better until Perryman is back. At this point I'd strongly consider bringing back Hayes Pullard for a few games.

Chargers run a VERY common defensive scheme and offenses have figured it out. Too many teams run Seattle defense now and it's too easy to exploit. The best thing the chargers have going for them is the ability to generate quick pressure from Bosa and Ingram but that's negated by the quick easy throws the defense allows. Combine that with inability to stop the run and it's going to be a headache all year.

Positives:

Offensive scheme: Chargers appear to have committed to a lot of dual tight end & running back sets and that will help negate the Oline play on early down. The offense is really the marriage of 4 different systems - Norv, Peyton Manning, Whisenhunt, and the Buffalo running offense Lynn brought from Buffalo. They've incorporated many of the strengths of that buffalo rush offense....misdirection, forcing teams to defend the run vertically and horizontally.....screen game. It's a great offense but getting solid rushing yardage on early downs and chunk passing plays off PA on early downs is gonna be key.

Pass rush: Bosa looks like a beast this year. I saw him take Quentin Nelson and throw him to the ground. If Tillery can develop they really have something but they need to figure out how to get stops on early downs.

People are ragging on Thomas Davis but I challenge anyone to go back and watch every snap of Indy running the ball and compare TD to K. White. Davis is quick and aggressive and knows what he's seeing. He's gonna be fine.

Adrian Phillips: Again I see a lot of people ragging on him but don't see that on film. He had some missed tackles but he's solid enough.

The hope is they can hold the fort together and Perryman comes back healthy, Derwin James comes back healthy, they avoid any other key injuries, and they figure SOMETHING out at tackle. I'm still hoping for a Trent Williams trade but don't really see any other options beyond that.
    Who cares about the penalties and who got what for points. We have lost games this way so if we win one, who gives a crap.
    We will probably lose one because of the refs this year. Many teams have this problem. It's league wide. I won't apologise for Venitieri missing FGs. We lost playoffs games because of that.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-11-2019, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Originally posted by SYB View Post

There used to be quite a few dupe accounts on the CMB,especially from some of the more negative types that ended up finding themselves frequently banned. So I figured you may have found an IP discrepancy. My bad, for assuming. :dunno:
    Its all good. And im sure that will happen. lol

Leave a comment:

• SYB
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It was a hard game to decipher since you could also argue that the Saints never should have given up that long TD at the end in the first place. But yeah, I think they are a talented team that is going to nosedive because of their coach. Watson will keep them competitive but I see them finishing third. We'll see in a couple of weeks. Lions game just got harder.
    That's the thing though, the Texans are fucking stacked at WR, especially with bringing in Stills. Health is the only worry for them there, as Fuller and Coutee have both struggled to stay on the field. But both are real difference makers when they are. And Watson is never out of it as long as he's upright. And even with the loss of Clowney, that D should still get after it.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
    People are severely overestimating this Chargers team.

The Colts dominated the football game and should have won by 2 TDs.

We scored 2 TDs off BS penalties (the first one off the personal foul on the field goal and the next one when they called a penalty on what should have been a sack fumble)

Then the Colts had a TD taken off the board and missed 2 field goals.

It basically adds up to getting dominated by a backup QB.

Negatives:

Chargers have SEVERE problems in pass protection. Chargers haven't had a quality Oline since '08 and this is the worst tackle tandem I've seen. Historically when Rivers pass protection has been this bad they went 7-9 in '12 under Norv and 4-12 and 5-11 under Mike McCoy.

Chargers have SEVERE problems at LB. Kyzir White has no idea what he's doing at MLB. It's not gonna get better until Perryman is back. At this point I'd strongly consider bringing back Hayes Pullard for a few games.

Chargers run a VERY common defensive scheme and offenses have figured it out. Too many teams run Seattle defense now and it's too easy to exploit. The best thing the chargers have going for them is the ability to generate quick pressure from Bosa and Ingram but that's negated by the quick easy throws the defense allows. Combine that with inability to stop the run and it's going to be a headache all year.

Positives:

Offensive scheme: Chargers appear to have committed to a lot of dual tight end & running back sets and that will help negate the Oline play on early down. The offense is really the marriage of 4 different systems - Norv, Peyton Manning, Whisenhunt, and the Buffalo running offense Lynn brought from Buffalo. They've incorporated many of the strengths of that buffalo rush offense....misdirection, forcing teams to defend the run vertically and horizontally.....screen game. It's a great offense but getting solid rushing yardage on early downs and chunk passing plays off PA on early downs is gonna be key.

Pass rush: Bosa looks like a beast this year. I saw him take Quentin Nelson and throw him to the ground. If Tillery can develop they really have something but they need to figure out how to get stops on early downs.

People are ragging on Thomas Davis but I challenge anyone to go back and watch every snap of Indy running the ball and compare TD to K. White. Davis is quick and aggressive and knows what he's seeing. He's gonna be fine.

Adrian Phillips: Again I see a lot of people ragging on him but don't see that on film. He had some missed tackles but he's solid enough.

The hope is they can hold the fort together and Perryman comes back healthy, Derwin James comes back healthy, they avoid any other key injuries, and they figure SOMETHING out at tackle. I'm still hoping for a Trent Williams trade but don't really see any other options beyond that.
    Disagree with some of this analysis especially the domination part and Brissett being just a backup QB. He's not Luck but he's a solid starter in this league and certainly better than some team starters like Mariotta and Trubisky.

Also not sure how saying Bradley's scheme is common means that it's bad or exploitable. He had a top 10 defense last year even with all the injuries. It's all about execution.
    Last edited by Xenos; 09-11-2019, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
    That dude El Tee is legendary
    In his own mind......

or or what is left of it like me

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by SYB View Post

Yeah, BOB is a train wreck. And yet, they should have beat what is generally thought of as a top 3 team in the league, in their house. That's all I'm saying.
    It was a hard game to decipher since you could also argue that the Saints never should have given up that long TD at the end in the first place. But yeah, I think they are a talented team that is going to nosedive because of their coach. Watson will keep them competitive but I see them finishing third. We'll see in a couple of weeks. Lions game just got harder.

Leave a comment:

• SYB
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

What's going to screw them over is their HC who is also their GM. I see the same disorganization and dysfunction that I see with the Jags. Their main advantage is their QB who also takes more hits than Rivers.
    Yeah, BOB is a train wreck. And yet, they should have beat what is generally thought of as a top 3 team in the league, in their house. That's all I'm saying.

Leave a comment:

• SYB
    replied
    Originally posted by pacstud View Post

Would be a strong nominee for a CMB Rushmore. Not saying you'd make it...but a strong nominee.
    I've really missed your humor. I hope you start making more appearances over here. :beer:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍