First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYB
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet View Post

So is your Protect 17 account still not working? Do you want me to change this one?
    anticipation popcorn GIF

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
    People are severely overestimating this Chargers team.

The Colts dominated the football game and should have won by 2 TDs.

We scored 2 TDs off BS penalties (the first one off the personal foul on the field goal and the next one when they called a penalty on what should have been a sack fumble)

Then the Colts had a TD taken off the board and missed 2 field goals.

It basically adds up to getting dominated by a backup QB.

Negatives:

Chargers have SEVERE problems in pass protection. Chargers haven't had a quality Oline since '08 and this is the worst tackle tandem I've seen. Historically when Rivers pass protection has been this bad they went 7-9 in '12 under Norv and 4-12 and 5-11 under Mike McCoy.

Chargers have SEVERE problems at LB. Kyzir White has no idea what he's doing at MLB. It's not gonna get better until Perryman is back. At this point I'd strongly consider bringing back Hayes Pullard for a few games.

Chargers run a VERY common defensive scheme and offenses have figured it out. Too many teams run Seattle defense now and it's too easy to exploit. The best thing the chargers have going for them is the ability to generate quick pressure from Bosa and Ingram but that's negated by the quick easy throws the defense allows. Combine that with inability to stop the run and it's going to be a headache all year.

Positives:

Offensive scheme: Chargers appear to have committed to a lot of dual tight end & running back sets and that will help negate the Oline play on early down. The offense is really the marriage of 4 different systems - Norv, Peyton Manning, Whisenhunt, and the Buffalo running offense Lynn brought from Buffalo. They've incorporated many of the strengths of that buffalo rush offense....misdirection, forcing teams to defend the run vertically and horizontally.....screen game. It's a great offense but getting solid rushing yardage on early downs and chunk passing plays off PA on early downs is gonna be key.

Pass rush: Bosa looks like a beast this year. I saw him take Quentin Nelson and throw him to the ground. If Tillery can develop they really have something but they need to figure out how to get stops on early downs.

People are ragging on Thomas Davis but I challenge anyone to go back and watch every snap of Indy running the ball and compare TD to K. White. Davis is quick and aggressive and knows what he's seeing. He's gonna be fine.

Adrian Phillips: Again I see a lot of people ragging on him but don't see that on film. He had some missed tackles but he's solid enough.

The hope is they can hold the fort together and Perryman comes back healthy, Derwin James comes back healthy, they avoid any other key injuries, and they figure SOMETHING out at tackle. I'm still hoping for a Trent Williams trade but don't really see any other options beyond that.
    So is your Protect 17 account still not working? Do you want me to change this one?

Leave a comment:

• Boltgang74
    replied
    Yeah those damn Texans look like a tough go.That game will definitley prove what we are made of.

Leave a comment:

• SYB
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Have you seen the Jags and Texans? Right now it's between Indy and Tennessee.
    Pump your brakes, bud. They let a game slip out of their hands with seconds left, in the house of the team that should have represented the NFC in the SB last year, and may possibly be an even better team now.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

We scored 2 TDs off BS penalties (the first one off the personal foul on the field goal and the next one when they called a penalty on what should have been a sack fumble)

Negatives:

Chargers have SEVERE problems in pass protection. Chargers haven't had a quality Oline since '08 and this is the worst tackle tandem I've seen. Historically when Rivers pass protection has been this bad they went 7-9 in '12 under Norv and 4-12 and 5-11 under Mike McCoy.

Chargers have SEVERE problems at LB. Kyzir White has no idea what he's doing at MLB. It's not gonna get better until Perryman is back. At this point I'd strongly consider bringing back Hayes Pullard for a few games.

Chargers run a VERY common defensive scheme and offenses have figured it out. Too many teams run Seattle defense now and it's too easy to exploit. The best thing the chargers have going for them is the ability to generate quick pressure from Bosa and Ingram but that's negated by the quick easy throws the defense allows. Combine that with inability to stop the run and it's going to be a headache all year.

Positives:

Offensive scheme: Chargers appear to have committed to a lot of dual tight end & running back sets and that will help negate the Oline play on early down. The offense is really the marriage of 4 different systems - Norv, Peyton Manning, Whisenhunt, and the Buffalo running offense Lynn brought from Buffalo. They've incorporated many of the strengths of that buffalo rush offense....misdirection, forcing teams to defend the run vertically and horizontally.....screen game. It's a great offense but getting solid rushing yardage on early downs and chunk passing plays off PA on early downs is gonna be key.

Pass rush: Bosa looks like a beast this year. I saw him take Quentin Nelson and throw him to the ground. If Tillery can develop they really have something but they need to figure out how to get stops on early downs.

People are ragging on Thomas Davis but I challenge anyone to go back and watch every snap of Indy running the ball and compare TD to K. White. Davis is quick and aggressive and knows what he's seeing. He's gonna be fine.

Adrian Phillips: Again I see a lot of people ragging on him but don't see that on film. He had some missed tackles but he's solid enough.

The hope is they can hold the fort together and Perryman comes back healthy, Derwin James comes back healthy, they avoid any other key injuries, and they figure SOMETHING out at tackle. I'm still hoping for a Trent Williams trade but don't really see any other options beyond that.
    Welcome to TPB.

Calm down.

Leave a comment:

• Kellyb72601
    replied

Negatives:

Positives:

Leave a comment:

• sonorajim
    replied
    Originally posted by SYB View Post

Exactly what I saw and even mentioned in an earlier post. There was a play that was play action with a bunch of movement in the backfield and Doyle (IIRC) leaked out and Davis was slow to read it and ended up in chase mode. It wasn't his speed that let him down, even though it may have appeared that way since he couldn't gain back the yards he had lost due to his late reaction.
    Sounds like a lack of experience with these teammates in Gus' D. He should get faster game to game as he gains familiarity.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The Colts very well could finish last in their division.
    Have you seen the Jags and Texans? Right now it's between Indy and Tennessee.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Originally posted by SYB View Post

Exactly what I saw and even mentioned in an earlier post. There was a play that was play action with a bunch of movement in the backfield and Doyle (IIRC) leaked out and Davis was slow to read it and ended up in chase mode. It wasn't his speed that let him down, even though it may have appeared that way since he couldn't gain back the yards he had lost due to his late reaction.
    TDavis was biting on the play action there.
    Good call Sir.

Leave a comment:

• SYB
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    I strongly suggest Charger fans watch coaches tape. What I am hearing is conventional wisdom-fan speak. I say, most respectfully, judgement calls, borne of good scout's eyes and logic, need to be made here.

End zone shots clearly showed Thomas Davis processing reads slowly. Does anyone think he has lost his football knowledge ? Of course he will settle in and become instinctive--quicker in OUR defense.

As I pointed out elsewhere, Myles Jack looked slow in coverage Sunday. Thomas Davis was who gusD put out there in DIME packages as our sole LB. Process that, TPB pundits.

Leave a comment:

• SYB
    replied
    Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

did a little diggin' just for posterity's sake, and.... 'bout a 0.15 second differential.... fairly substantial.

Denzel low 4.58 high 4.81

Thomas D. low 4.42 high 4.66
    Those draft scout numbers are always junk. Combine had Davis at 4.6 and Perryman at 4.78.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    I strongly suggest Charger fans watch coaches tape. What I am hearing is conventional wisdom-fan speak. I say, most respectfully, judgement calls, borne of good scout's eyes and logic, need to be made here.

End zone shots clearly showed Thomas Davis processing reads slowly. Does anyone think he has lost his football knowledge ? Of course he will settle in and become instinctive--quicker in OUR defense.

As I pointed out elsewhere, Myles Jack looked slow in coverage Sunday. Thomas Davis was who gusD put out there in DIME packages as our sole LB. Process that, TPB pundits.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍