First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beachcomber
    replied
    Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Davis is our only true LBer who does not get routinely run over by OL, RB's, TE's, WR's...... our other LB's are too small(some were ex safeties) and for smaller quicker guys they do not cover well.....
    didn't know it 'til just now, checkin' out 40 times, and.... Thomas Davis was drafted as a FS.... (according to nfldraftscout).

Leave a comment:

• beachcomber
    replied
    Originally posted by SYB View Post

"Old and slow" players don't make 14 tackles in a game. Spin it however you want.

And I guarantee he'd smoke a "healthy" Perryman in a foot race.
    did a little diggin' just for posterity's sake, and.... 'bout a 0.15 second differential.... fairly substantial.

Denzel low 4.58 high 4.81

Thomas D. low 4.42 high 4.66

Leave a comment:

• SYB
    replied
    Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

My bad, meant team leader not league leader.
    All good, but the "old" moniker still doesn't fit.

Leave a comment:

• Panamamike
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The Colts very well could finish last in their division.
    I'd take the other side of that bet. Pretty tight division. Colts have the best oline by far, a good D, and as long as Brisett protects the ball they will be in every game. Fwiw, he has one of the lowest INT rates of all time, but in a pretty small sample size. I expect him to grow a lot this year. He will be a better starter than 1/4 to 1/3 of the league. They will be in the playoff hunt IMO.

Leave a comment:

• UglyTruth
    replied

Really? He had just 3 "good" seasons in a 9 season career. In '07, his first starting season, he was 27th in tackles, '08 was 34th (Weddle #11) and '09 he was 36th. Not only was he not a "league leader", he wasn't old either, as he was 28-30yo in that span
    My bad, meant team leader not league leader.

Leave a comment:

• SYB
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Jags still seem like a train wreck waiting to happen to me. That D is lacking serious leadership.

Leave a comment:

• SYB
    replied

Stephen Cooper used to always be among league leaders in tackles.
    Really? He had just 3 "good" seasons in a 9 season career. In '07, his first starting season, he was 27th in tackles, '08 was 34th (Weddle #11) and '09 he was 36th. Not only was he not a "league leader", he wasn't old either, as he was 28-30yo in that span

Leave a comment:

• Boltnut
    replied

Who the hell predicted the Colts without Luck to make the playoffs and for the Chargers to not? I

Leave a comment:

• UglyTruth
    replied

"Old and slow" players don't make 14 tackles in a game. Spin it however you want.
    Stephen Cooper used to always be among league leaders in tackles.

Leave a comment:

• UglyTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
    It's amazing to read some of the posts.

We won a game against a very good team. A team that many experts predicted will make the playoffs while we miss them. And these are predictions AFTER Luck retired.

So sit down, stay in your lane and watch this thing unfold.
    Who the hell predicted the Colts without Luck to make the playoffs and for the Chargers to not? I

Leave a comment:

• El_Tee
    replied
    It's amazing to read some of the posts.

We won a game against a very good team. A team that many experts predicted will make the playoffs while we miss them. And these are predictions AFTER Luck retired.

So sit down, stay in your lane and watch this thing unfold.

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Yep...old and slow...didn't say he sucked...he knows his stuff, and knew where to be to make the tackles...but in coverage and pursuit he was a lot slower than he used to be...and a good team will expose that. I think a healthy Perryman with White will be a more athletic combination...I would also like to see the rook get worked in...see what we have there. Don't get me wrong...I think Davis was a good pickup...having reliable experience to bolster the depth of our LB corp wasn't a bad move...I just want our other backers to play into the starting positions, so Davis is a backup by seasons end.
    Davis is our only true LBer who does not get routinely run over by OL, RB's, TE's, WR's...... our other LB's are too small(some were ex safeties) and for smaller quicker guys they do not cover well.....

anyone notice how the colt OL knocked Ingram airborne?...... and pushed around our DT's..... I don't remember seeing Tillery in the game?

anyone notice how big and fast the new raiders are?...... they dominated denver's defense and the raiders defense swarmed the running game...... they may lose the game but they are definitely going to hit mahomes hard a few times this week.......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍