• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

We sacked them, they sacked us. We made plays on both sides of the ball, they did too. We made ST mistakes, they did too. That game about gave me a heart attack, solid OT W against a very, very good team. Unless injures derail them I'd be shocked they don't make the playoffs.

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Who much time would you like for Rivers to have when Benjamin is that wide open, as soon as he went in motion ?

Anyway, water under the bridge, Sir.
      Well it would be nice if he had 3-4 seconds like Brady to stand in the pocket and survey the field and go through his 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th read.

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
        I created 3 vids with my choices for those plays that usually go unnoticed on Highlight reels. Also added coaches film from Gamepass and slowed the speed 0.5x so we can really break it down.

1st play: The Good
        Justin Jackson finds some good blocking and hits the hole with speed, easily getting to the 2nd level.

2nd play: The Bad
        Phil looks to be getting greedy wanting Mike W over the top and doesnt see wide open Travis in flat.

3rd play: The Ugly
        Trent Scott lets his man smash Phil. This type of play could easily lead to and injury.

Just choosing Offense plays right now, let me know if you guys want def added or any other plays broken down with slo-mo caoches film

Happy Hump day my fellow die hards
        Great Vids NMC !!!

Number 3 is particularly bad as Rivers head is slammed into the turf. That could easily have lead to a concussion with Rivers being out 3-4 weeks.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Not exactly. Here's why.

When an offensive lineman has such bad hand placement, it is the worst. There is a huge target area for the DE, the OT's chest. A simple quick, powerful jolt to the chest stuns the OT. This is immediately followed up with a pass rush move and a win every time.

ie the bad hand placement leads directly to and causes the slow slide to the left.

Conversely, a quick powerful jab from the OT (a classic Pat Meyer concept) puts the DE on the defensive. Sam Tevi can be pretty good at this.
          Looks like Scott is jabbing Turay with his right hand, but high and to the outside, almost near his shoulder. Where would you say Scott's optimum hand placement should be?

image.png

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Looks like Scott is jabbing Turay with his right hand, but high and to the outside, almost near his shoulder. Where would you say Scott's optimum hand placement should be?

image.png
            Chest area, like a boxer.
            You don't know ball

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

image.png
              Between the 5 & 7 with his inside hand
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

This picture is too late during the snap. The video shows the issue.
                You don't know ball

Comment

• Biggestfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  We sacked them, they sacked us. We made plays on both sides of the ball, they did too. We made ST mistakes, they did too. That game about gave me a heart attack, solid OT W against a very, very good team. Unless injures derail them I'd be shocked they don't make the playoffs.
                  Chargers got completely manhandled at the point of attack on defense. The colts ran all over the defense and the pass rush was virtually non existent. Very alarming

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍