Clear All
  • RobH
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Tokyo, Japan
    • University English Lecturer
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Can we designate this as the official Ekeler smilie? I think we should post this in the game day thread every time Ek scores this season. :larry:
    That sounds pretty foogin awesome. After every TD scored.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Austin Ekeler, 31 games into his career: 72 receptions, 779 yards, 8 receiving TDs

Darren Sproles, 31 games into his career: 13 receptions, 41 yards, 0 TDs

Nothing wrong with Ekeler's hands. :rasta:
      Not discounting ... i really don't know which has better hands. Both are good receiving options for a RB. But Eke didn't have LT in his prime as the #1 RB in front of him.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

As much as I like Austin Ek I'd take prime Sproles any day. Dont forget Sproles was a really good punt returner as well. Sproles was an AWESOME QB protector. I remember he'd stand up blitzing LBers consistently. Both of them beat Indie with walk off TDs. But Austin is on the Bolts so I will cheer him on on.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Ekeler is light years ahead of where Sproles was at this point in their respective careers. Ekeler had a great Blitz pickup against the Colts on Sunday. Ekeler is just one of those players who works hard and gets it right. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be better than Sproles. As was mentioned over and over again on Sunday, he is pound-for-pound the strongest man on the team. He is also a bit larger than Sproles.

Comment

Working...
          X