• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Great Austin Ekeler article

First the good news...Bleacher Report has a great and lengthy article about Ekeler, his childhood, relationship with Melvin Gordon, etc on the main page when you access the app. I highly encourage you to read it.

Now the bad news...I don't know how to post the link since I read it on my phone. Sorry! Can someone smarter than me (which is pretty much all of you guys) please post the link or the article so all my Charger Brothers can read it?

Thanks!

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

You mean this one?

He started the day in tears. Literal tears. As Chargers running back Austin Ekeler sprinted through the tunnel for Game No. 1 of Season No. 3, he couldn't hold them back. Then the game began, and he devastated the Colts one cannon blast at a time...

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Yes!!! Thanks Bolt-O!

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Great story! Impressed by this part:

"The first "max day" at school, he squatted more than everyone. Linemen. Linebackers. Nobody came close then. And now, in the pros, he's still outlifting virtually everyone. Whenever Ekeler enters a weight room, it's a spectacle--teammates gather to see Ekeler squat five 45-pound plates on each side of a barbell.

He and two other players at Western Colorado--Travis Haney and Ty Henry--made a habit of lifting extra, of ticking off their strength coach for doing too much. They'd walk into the weight room, ask, "What's not sore?" and then destroy that muscle.

This is what Ekeler does for fun."

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
          Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
          • Jun 2013
          • Palm Springs
          • I know nothing
          • Send PM

Special!!!

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Sproles was a legend in the weight room as well. I feel that Eke's has better vision and hands than Sproles though.

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
              Sproles was a legend in the weight room as well. I feel that Eke's has better vision and hands than Sproles though.
              Colts must be getting tired of losing at the hands of our strong 'scat backs
              Lol

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

I had read this piece before it was posted here, and WOW, it is really, really good. Austin Ekeler epitomizes we hold as ideal in the US, no matter the knocks working against you (being undersized in AE's case) hard work and dedication equals success. And no whining! The Bolts do have a legacy of developing UDFA talent into big time NFL talent. Antonio Gates, Kris Dielman, Malcom Floyd, (Welker if you want to count him) Tyrell Williams, and now Ekeler.

Can we designate this as the official Ekeler smilie? I think we should post this in the game day thread every time Ek scores this season. :larry:
                Last edited by Velo; 09-12-2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                  Definitely not better hands than Sproles. Not a slight for Ekeler but Sproles is one of the greatest pass catching backs of all time.
                  Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Austin Ekeler, 31 games into his career: 72 receptions, 779 yards, 8 receiving TDs

Darren Sproles, 31 games into his career: 13 receptions, 41 yards, 0 TDs

Nothing wrong with Ekeler's hands. :rasta:

Comment

• moneyisevil
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Definitely not better hands than Sproles. Not a slight for Ekeler but Sproles is one of the greatest pass catching backs of all time.
                      I loved Sproles when he was on our side ! He reminded me of little train James back in 1985, what a year that dude put on a show !

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I hope Ekeler's contract negotiations in the future will be better than that of Sproles. I think his agent wanted to pry him out of San Diego after Sproles got tendered.

Comment

Working...
                        X