Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I'm with ya, it's not like we didn't win 12 fucking games without him last year. :whistlin:
    Last year we had Tyrell Williams.

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Last year we had Tyrell Williams.
      We did, and we're 1-0 without him now. :dunno: :biggrin:

We got this.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Yep. lol Out of all of this my only real concern is Telesco. I think he has an eye for great players. But without knowing other teams medical grades/tests etc im guessing we get good value on players because other teams may be passing on them for medical reasons. Im not saying that as a fact. But when so many 1st and 2nd rounders are getting hurt what is the trend? What am i missing. Just bad luck? Maybe. But im sort of just questioning our medical staff at this point. Why is the stock so volatile in that area?

At any rate i dont really get scared when we lose a guy. We fight hard with what we got. And there was a time when i made a deal with the devil and that was just to simply be competitive again. I think i gave up a testicle for that. I think this team has fight. Never give up mindset under Lynn. If thats all he ever did for these kids than more power to him. Because we were quitters. We were a 3 quarters team. Underachievers. He gave us some balls. He taught us to win again. To believe we would win. With whatever we have.

Do we make a lot of mistakes? Does he get outcoached by the best in the game? Yes. But hes also a young coach. IMO its kind of hard in this day of football for pocket passers. So much of the new material is RPO and mobility. But he has done an amazing job with our run game and interior run blocking. Most of the aging vet QBs worth a damn have been with their coaches a long time. The Rivers/Lynn thing is still in its infancy. Make no mistake about it. The Rivers resurgence has begun under Lynn.

Going forward i would think about just giving Rivers all fucking day to throw. Just spend a draft on OL. Spackle the crap out of that wall with beasts. Then all the skill player injuries wont matter as much.
        Guys like Teo and Chris Watt never missed a game in college. Don't remember Hunter having any injury concerns coming out. Some people are just not made for NFL football. Not really their fault.

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Guys like Teo and Chris Watt never missed a game in college. Don't remember Hunter having any injury concerns coming out. Some people are just not made for NFL football. Not really their fault.
          I remember Melvin Ingram carrying the "injury prone" tag for a while. And then he figured out how to take care of his body, along with a little luck, and has had 4 straight 16 game seasons.

Our best play maker on offense was a guy we stole because he was recovering from injury during the pre draft process.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Its possible. Im not stating anything as fact. Its just sort of a trend. Enough for me to start thinking wild thoughts. You kind of make my point for me. If you say these players dont miss time in college they may have so much use that things will show up medically. Wear and tear etc. Lots of players we draft are considered good value. I only wonder of its because other teams are passing on them? Again im just nitpicking here. Its not even a real thought i have. Im just tripping hard on the injuries every year. To our top draft picks.

It just has to be more than bad luck. There is something going on. Wether its the players. The training. The medical staff. I dont know. But its such an elephant in the living room sort of thing that it just personally makes me wonder. Is it just bad luck? Maybe. But if it is it feels more like a curse. lol

But like i said if Telesco were a broker building a fund and those assets hes investing in keep getting hammered investors will wonder why. He has made a lot of incredible picks no question. I liked them all for the most part. But the ETF keeps getting hit hard and its usually the blue chips assets hes acquiring. I guess im more concerned with the medical staff than anything. Are they missing things? Im not worried about the team playing. Im only wondering why this happens so often.

I appreciate your suggestion.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

It is a violent game. Shit happens. We focus of course on our own, but other teams get decimated as well. Last season niners, falcons D etc are just examples. Right now NE oline is getting hammered. We will fight through this, and hopefully be relatively healthy for a playoff run.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Can we sign Gronk?

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                  It is a violent game. Shit happens. We focus of course on our own, but other teams get decimated as well. Last season niners, falcons D etc are just examples. Right now NE oline is getting hammered. We will fight through this, and hopefully be relatively healthy for a playoff run.
                  The 1st 2 lines are all you need to know. It's not IF you get hurt. It's WHEN.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

The 1st 2 lines are all you need to know. It's not IF you get hurt. It's WHEN.
                    Apaprently it is our scouts fault for not seeing this. A lot of bad scouts in the league.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...es-lost-part-i

*** note that most cases have a large year to year variance in AGL. injuries are indeed on the rise as a whole.
                    Last edited by Panamamike; 09-12-2019, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Apaprently it is our scouts fault for not seeing this. A lot of bad scouts in the league.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...es-lost-part-i

*** note that most cases have a large year to year variance in AGL. injuries are indeed on the rise as a whole.
                      I think it's simple physics. Bigger, faster, stronger, but the ligaments stay the same size. I think I heard in the 70s that football was like 2 volkswagens crashing head on at 30 mph. Today it's more like 2 SUVs at 55. Also, a lot of these injuries are just bodies collapsing under their own body weight & torque. I dont think you can forsee it or fix it. It's just a law of averages.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
                        Can't replace him, but Rivers will make some journeyman TE look like a god.

Sorry for HH, snakebit.
                        Ah. A prediction, huh ?
                        The meteoric rise of Sean Culkin.
                        You don't know ball

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

At this rate Antonio Gates is gonna be the first current player on an AARP commercial.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍