• Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

The Williams Thread - Mike vs. Tyrell

Originally posted by wu-dai clan

Classy take.... Ty Williams, or whatever his name is now is looking more like a WR, and not just a great athlete.
    you mean the guy that good 'n plenty of peoples here were (are still) baggin' on.... can't do this, never did that, not (near) as good as MW.... (just one game

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    you mean the guy that good 'n plenty of peoples here were (are still) baggin' on.... can't do this, never did that, not (near) as good as MW.... (just one game
    With you 100% but Tyrell Williams is always available and Mike Williams is now questionable (knee), but when talent can't stay on the field at least you know what you have week to week in dependable just saying.

Mike Williams is more Talented than Tyrell Williams it isn't even a debate, but it is fustrating when our guy can't stay on the field.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

With you 100% but Tyrell Williams is always available and Mike Williams is now questionable (knee), but when talent can't stay on the field at least you know what you have week to week in dependable just saying.

Mike Williams is more Talented than Tyrell Williams it isn't even a debate, but it is fustrating when our guy can't stay on the field.
      I really liked Tyrell, but it was evident we couldn't keep him with the contract he would get. Just hate to see him as a Raider.

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I really liked Tyrell, but it was evident we couldn't keep him with the contract he would get. Just hate to see him as a Raider.
        Tyrell looks like a man possessed playing for the faiders.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Tyrell looks like a man possessed playing for the faiders.
          He was like that with us too at times but then sometimes he disappears. But, he is the #1 in Oakland now.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He was like that with us too at times but then sometimes he disappears. But, he is the #1 in Oakland now.
            Yep had one very good game. But it does make one second guess the MW pick at #7.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yep had one very good game. But it does make one second guess the MW pick at #7.
              No it doesn't.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

No it doesn't.
                it makes one, other than like54ninjas, second guess that pick. I'd rather have a guy like Ty Will that never seems to miss a game than a guy with perhaps (perhaps) more talent who can't stay on the field.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

it makes one, other than like54ninjas, second guess that pick. I'd rather have a guy like Ty Will that never seems to miss a game than a guy with perhaps (perhaps) more talent who can't stay on the field.
                  I may be in the minority, but I think Tyrell Williams is at least equal to Mike Williams in talent. He started as a small school project and improved every season. He worked on his problem areas and made some monster catches last season. He got dinged up later in the season but he never missed a game. IMO, after the Cleveland game when he made those monster catches Telesco should have locked him up, long before he hit the open market and got the massive contract from the Raiders. IMO, you don't let players with TW's talent and his attitude and willingness to work hard and play hurt walk away from your team. I am probably in the minority here on this board with this opinion. If MW struggles to stay healthy this season and TW has a big season for the Raiders, it will be classic Chargering, like letting Wes Welker, Rodney Harrison and even Drew Brees go without anything in return.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I may be in the minority, but I think Tyrell Williams is at least equal to Mike Williams in talent. He started as a small school project and improved every season. He worked on his problem areas and made some monster catches last season. He got dinged up later in the season but he never missed a game. IMO, after the Cleveland game when he made those monster catches Telesco should have locked him up, long before he hit the open market and got the massive contract from the Raiders. IMO, you don't let players with TW's talent and his attitude and willingness to work hard and play hurt walk away from your team. I am probably in the minority here on this board with this opinion. If MW struggles to stay healthy this season and TW has a big season for the Raiders, it will be classic Chargering, like letting Wes Welker, Rodney Harrison and even Drew Brees go without anything in return.
                    I don't think his route running, catch radius, hands and especially going aggressively after contested passes, are nearly as good as Mike Williams. I liked TW, but we simply couldn't afford to keep him. Really do not like to see any Charger go to a team in the AFCW.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't think his route running, catch radius, hands and especially going aggressively after contested passes, are nearly as good as Mike Williams. I liked TW, but we simply couldn't afford to keep him. Really do not like to see any Charger go to a team in the AFCW.
                      we couldnt keep at the price the market offered, not and also keep KA and MW. I would love to still have him, but i would give up ether of them to have him.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

You want a guy who is available but that disappears for most of the season? It's just as bad. His two great games were against the Browns and Titans.

Comment

Working...
                        X