• Show
Clear All
  • MasterOfPuppets
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Tijuana
    • Send PM

Would You Trade For Minkah Fitzpatrick?

With several players already wanting out of Miami after a 59-10 drubbing by the Baltimore Ravens last Sunday, at least one player is getting his wish to try to engineer a trade elsewhere.

• Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Sure...trade Gordon for Fitz straight up...if they want more, throw in a conditional 7th rounder to sweeten the pot...Mel can then help the Fins rebuild the next few years...possible playoff team by 2026...

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Sure...trade Gordon for Fitz straight up...throw in a conditional 7th rounder to sweeten the pot...Mel can then help the Fins rebuild the next few years...possible playoff team by 2026...
      The article says they want a first round pick for him. While I'd love to add him to our banged up secondary no way I'd give up a first round pick for him. I'm not sure why they'd trade for Gordon and pay him a monster contract now when they are tanking on purpose to rebuild next season.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

Gordon for Fitzpatrick seems like it would fill major hole and get rid of major headache.

Then give Ekeler a pay rise

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I would do a 1st round pick, sure. It's like getting a solid player a year early, and when we really need him. No brainer.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

I thought he was a FS, and we just drafted one...but if he has been playing a lot of corner down in Miami, and doing well? I have no problem with a first, if we can look at his pro film, and see a shutdown corner. Oline is the top of my list next off season, but CB is a close second...a position you can never go to sleep on.

But I doubt it happens.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              I thought he was a FS, and we just drafted one...but if he has been playing a lot of corner down in Miami, and doing well? I have no problem with a first, if we can look at his pro film, and see a shutdown corner. Oline is the top of my list next off season, but CB is a close second...a position you can never go to sleep on.

But I doubt it happens.
              Look at it this way: If the Bolts finish at 11-3 or so, they'll be picking in the LATE 1st round...Fitz went #11 overall...so, we would essentially be getting great value compared to our projected draft position, and a year earlier, as Blue points out. Sure, I'll give a 1st...corner is a HUGE need, with Hayward losing a step, Michael Davis being injured, and Trevor Williams now on IR...don't want to go through the whole or even big parts of the season with Facyson learning on the job...Since Fitz can play both corner and safety, even better...pull the trigger, TT...

Comment

• Chuckeezy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2019
                • Send PM

Yes, I hope it gets done today with him playing Sunday!

Comment

• Flchargersfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

yes I think he's worth a second rounder if the fins are willing to take that

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Flchargersfan View Post
                    yes I think he's worth a second rounder if the fins are willing to take that
                    That is what I think MGIII is worth - a 2nd. So I think it might indeed be a good trade for the Bolts, because suddenly CB is not a strength for us anymore, and we need an upgrade. Fitzpatrick would fill the bill, IMO. The question is, do the 'Fins feel the same about Gordon? Hard to tell what they are thinking down there in South Florida.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Yes sir.
                      Do it TT.
                      Melvin for Minkah straight up.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money