• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Electric Chicken
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
    It kills me that we have had players the past year that include: Rivers, Ekeler, Jackson, Gordon, HH, Gates, TWill, MWill, Keenan, etc. etc. etc. and we're not putting up 40 ish per game. 10 whole points, is it a talent problem? A Whiz problem? Yet week in and week out the Pats and Chiefs are putting up 30-40 points a game. Sickens me.
    agreed

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

That's why I want a new O.C. this 10 point bullshit is ridiculous.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Justin Jackson is averaging 8.9 ypc but only getting about 6 carries per game. I'd sure want to see if he could keep that up if he given more carries if I was the OC.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

You have Mahomies, Kyler, and Lamar lighting up the scoreboard. Why isn't our HOF QB doing the same, would anyone say Lamar is better than Phil?

Comment

• PR#1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

I would give JJ at least 15 carries and keep Eckler around 9-10.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Looks like training staff forgot to bring some Stickum on the plane trip.

41mCB52kNjL._SX466_.jpg

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

[QUOTE=SDBORN ;n829404]We see eye to eye on this. Even in the days of Ryan Matthews(as limited as his game time was) I remember us succeeding a lot more when the run game was relied on. I've always maintained that a pass happy rivers is a bad idea. He needs to be limited on how many times he passes per game.

On top of that, some of the run blocking was excellent in the lions game. I saw some plays where we had 3 or 4 players mauling defensive players giving our running back quite a bit of space to run behind/through. I think with better pay calling this offense could kick ass.[/QUOT

I'll even add that Rivers is better when the running game is doing well. This is just a guess but i would bet that Rivers QB rating is better when the running game is doing well.

Comment

• Protect17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Ok I'm saying it ....Keenan Allen is not a player that you build an offense around .Why ? He drops a lot of key passes ...he doesn't have enough breakaway speed to truly stretch the field .Keenan Allen is a slot receiver he's a damn good player but how many catches does he get a year ? I know Rivers spreads it around right ? is he a top 10 in yards and catches ? I just see a problem before Keenan it's a leaky Oline that has to be elite for Rivers to pick apart a D .Rivers needs time he's a statue he cannot be rushed .Start running slants for Keenan and start throwing over the middle to Big W .We don't need to get huge chunks we need to just move it .No more gadget plays no more seams to Keenan let's use Eck like we once used Mighty Mouse ...let that kid wear out linebackers then pound the bigger back behind an actual tight end who can block on short yardage ....Use Melvin on short he's an Athelete who yearns for more .I am asking for our players to be utilized in there lane .

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                    Ok I'm saying it ....Keenan Allen is not a player that you build an offense around .Why ? He drops a lot of key passes ...he doesn't have enough breakaway speed to truly stretch the field .Keenan Allen is a slot receiver he's a damn good player but how many catches does he get a year ? I know Rivers spreads it around right ? is he a top 10 in yards and catches ? I just see a problem before Keenan it's a leaky Oline that has to be elite for Rivers to pick apart a D .Rivers needs time he's a statue he cannot be rushed .Start running slants for Keenan and start throwing over the middle to Big W .We don't need to get huge chunks we need to just move it .No more gadget plays no more seams to Keenan let's use Eck like we once used Mighty Mouse ...let that kid wear out linebackers then pound the bigger back behind an actual tight end who can block on short yardage ....Use Melvin on short he's an Athelete who yearns for more .I am asking for our players to be utilized in there lane .
                    Can't say I agree with much of this. Keenan doesn't drop many passes and you need to go look up some stats from the last 2-3 seasons.

All Rivers should do is realise he has other WRs who might be open instead of locking on Keenan In crunch time
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Is this even a serious question? Allen is 6th in receiving yards an 5th in receptions this year. Last year he was 12th in the league in catches and 15th in yards. In 2017 he was 3rd in the league and 4th in receptions. Yeah, he is a top 10 receiver. He doesn't have blazing speed but is one of the very best route runners in the league. Of all things to complain about, Allen is a strange target. And to question his hands? Wow.

Comment

• Biggestfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

I'd say mix Justin Jackson in bit more in the hard yardage situations. Also run some misdirection plays and be less predictable. I'd also cut Travis benjamin. Addition by subtraction

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

This post is complete nonsense. It shows you are talkking out of your azz and don't have a frickin clue. All emotion and 0 facts. Maybe do a little research. Google is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                          X