Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

This post is complete nonsense. It shows you are talkking out of your azz and don't have a frickin clue. All emotion and 0 facts. Maybe do a little research. Google is your friend.
    Lots of posters follow the 0 facts line lately.

I certainly hope they do not go about their daily lives like their dicks are on fire, like they do on here.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

[QUOTE=chris9341;n829667]
      Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
      We see eye to eye on this. Even in the days of Ryan Matthews(as limited as his game time was) I remember us succeeding a lot more when the run game was relied on. I've always maintained that a pass happy rivers is a bad idea. He needs to be limited on how many times he passes per game.

On top of that, some of the run blocking was excellent in the lions game. I saw some plays where we had 3 or 4 players mauling defensive players giving our running back quite a bit of space to run behind/through. I think with better pay calling this offense could kick ass.[/QUOT

I'll even add that Rivers is better when the running game is doing well. This is just a guess but i would bet that Rivers QB rating is better when the running game is doing well.
      Guess what? ALL QBs are better when they have a running game. Last year, one of the NFL talking heads (can't remember which one) pointed out that the Chargers are 25th in the NFL in rushing since 2006. The Patriots are 8th in that time frame, but you never hear about how good their running game is because Brady gets all the credit.

it's amazing how when you have a top 5 defense, top 10 running game, and play in the worst division every single year....you can actually win super bowls.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

[QUOTE=DontEverGiveUp;n830345]
        Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Guess what? ALL QBs are better when they have a running game. Last year, one of the NFL talking heads (can't remember which one) pointed out that the Chargers are 25th in the NFL in rushing since 2006. The Patriots are 8th in that time frame, but you never hear about how good their running game is because Brady gets all the credit.

it's amazing how when you have a top 5 defense, top 10 running game, and play in the worst division every single year....you can actually win super bowls.
        Very true...... and those NE and 49er dynasty teams actually had great ball hawking defenses that could also stuff the run...... and those 49ers teams were top 5 or 10 in rushing yardage to.... most fans characterized those teams as pure passing teams, but they were actually fairly balanced by end of game....

What the stats do not show is that if we actually watch those games, we would see that those great SB teams built up big leads with primarily the passing game and then ran out the clock in second halves of those games with primarily running games.... so the stats kind of balance out in the end...... NE and 49ers dynasties did that consistently .....and of course both could shut down opposing running games and force the other teams into desperately passing every down..... which opened up opportunities for sacks and turnovers.....

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
          Detroit is weak against the screen pass to the rb. We do the screen pass like only 3 times to great success?! Why not more?!?!
          We set up a screen on 2nd down, the last drive of the game: it failed. The interception came after that.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Detraoit picked up a tell on the screen passes and outside runs. They knew they were coming late in the game, that is why they failed.

That's not a playcalling thing, that is the players not tipping off the plays to the other team.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Yep, only problem with our O is players executing, not making mistakes, etc. Be nice if they could just get better. Maybe they will, I dunno.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Detraoit picked up a tell on the screen passes and outside runs. They knew they were coming late in the game, that is why they failed.

That's not a playcalling thing, that is the players not tipping off the plays to the other team.
                How about good lion defensive coaching?
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                  Ok I'm saying it ....Keenan Allen is not a player that you build an offense around .Why ? He drops a lot of key passes ...he doesn't have enough breakaway speed to truly stretch the field .Keenan Allen is a slot receiver he's a damn good player but how many catches does he get a year ? I know Rivers spreads it around right ? is he a top 10 in yards and catches ? I just see a problem before Keenan it's a leaky Oline that has to be elite for Rivers to pick apart a D .Rivers needs time he's a statue he cannot be rushed .Start running slants for Keenan and start throwing over the middle to Big W .We don't need to get huge chunks we need to just move it .No more gadget plays no more seams to Keenan let's use Eck like we once used Mighty Mouse ...let that kid wear out linebackers then pound the bigger back behind an actual tight end who can block on short yardage ....Use Melvin on short he's an Athelete who yearns for more .I am asking for our players to be utilized in there lane .
                  This is the most unexpected criticism i would have guessed anyone could conjure. Agree with the following posters - KA is not only not the problem, he's the best WR the team has had in at least 20 yrs and the best route runner since CJ (maybe he's even better, can't really say). He's as clutch as they come, with the numbers to match. He gets open, and he doesn't drop a lot of key passes, just the opposite in fact.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

You mean Charger players were tipping off screens / outside runs to the Lions?

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

KA is awesome. I'm a huge fan.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                        KA is awesome. I'm a huge fan.

He's not afraid of getting hit and he fights especially on 3rd down. Pretty sure Phil likes him. :chuckle:

Comment

• chris9341
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here but today's game should be more evident then ever that if this team does not establish a running game then we are going to be in for a long season. You have to start taking pressure off of Rivers. What is it going to take for Lynn to realize that Jackson should be the starter and use Ekeler like he's been used in the past? I'm going to be on my knees and pray that Benjamin gets released this week. You drop a pass that would have tied the game up. Like seriously what is it going to take for the Chargers to release him? On a positive note the rush defense looked great today but who needs a running game when your cb's are playing like crap?

Comment

Working...
                          X