• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post

Would kronki and NFL be able to force Spani to liquidate chargers if he cannot make his $$$ obligations and Default on NFL agreement? At this Stage Not Sure what the true value is of the chargers with or without players Like Rivers. What sign does it send if Rivers were to sign with a new team next year? Heck, after last nights game could Rivers & Weedle finish their careers with Rams? Never a dull moment in Spani World.
    What $$$ obligations would Spanos not be able to meet? The $1 a year in rent they will pay for the next 20 years?

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
      Rivers is 37 and can still throw the ball nicely.

Peyton had a phenomenal year in Denver, broke records and lost in SB, then the season he won the SB he was throwing ducks everywhere but due to his decision making and stellar D they still won.

Rivers is not throwing Ducks and knows how to read a D.

We don't want Elway signing a competitive, something to prove, jaded Rivers, it'll bite us.
      Can he throw it nicely? yes, but not often enough for my liking these days. Even with time and being set, he seems to under throw often IMO. And it's been that way for a while. Which makes one wonder why he keeps thinking he needs to play hero ball and heave it deep when there are guys open underneath. You'd think he would realize this and change up his game and take what the defense gives him, to make up for father time.

Also way too many times he gets tipped at the line IMO.

I'm all on board with completing our defense, but Rivers still won't have Peyton decision making skills, and that really is the biggest problem, more so than the father time affecting his physical abilities. I just don't think Rivers can help himself sadly.

We will see in the next game if Rivers changes his ways.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        The Rams and Chargers both suck. That's got to be causing some concern as the league prepares to open the $5 billion Kroenmajal next season.
        NFL needs to step in and give the refs the green-light to officiate both teams to a superbowl
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2019
          • Send PM

I feel like Spani is testing NFL to pay (take Care of him).... rivers is a smart guy and now realizes that Spani doesn’t care about his future at this point. Spani is cheap and knows the worst team still makes money just like a bank CD. He may be good business man, but he is a bad NFL Owner. Rivers finally sees that they don’t care about his future.
          Please, just look At this as my view. No real evidence, except for my view on Chargers execution.

we all have put a lot of time in this fan base.

thanks

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

What $$$ obligations would Spanos not be able to meet? The $1 a year in rent they will pay for the next 20 years?
            Exactly. maybe they can't meet their obligation to "try" and sell PSLs lol.

As much as I dislike Spani, I love the thought of Kroenke stewing and steaming about being hosed over by a dumbass douche family. I hear his tab as run up to a new projection of $6B ... lol, thats awesome!
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

NFL needs to step in and give the refs the green-light to officiate both teams to a superbowl
              This.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
                I feel like Spani is testing NFL to pay (take Care of him).... rivers is a smart guy and now realizes that Spani doesn’t care about his future at this point. Spani is cheap and knows the worst team still makes money just like a bank CD. He may be good business man, but he is a bad NFL Owner. Rivers finally sees that they don’t care about his future.
                Please, just look At this as my view. No real evidence, except for my view on Chargers execution.

we all have put a lot of time in this fan base.

thanks
                They've been in LA 3 years & I've been trying to hold on. I watch the games & I root for them. But I no longer get bent out of shape or depressed about a Loss. I no longer buy new gear or jerseys. And I am getting to the point where I don't want to wear the gear I have, because I no longer have the passion to defend this team the way I use to. A part of me just wants them to let Rivers go & rebrand before they move into their new rental property. It could be like a changing of the guard & possibly bring some peace.

Comment

Working...
                X