HOU week3 The good, The bad, The ugly (Defense)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

HOU week3 The good, The bad, The ugly (Defense)

happy hump day diehards

Play #1 The Good:
    Tillery, Bosa and King all diagnose bubble screen and react well. Thomas Davis sets the edge and the result is great tackle for loss.

Play #2 The Bad:
    Roderic Teamer completely fails to cover his quarter, this is after he directs Jenkins where to move to so he should know where he needs cover. Thomas Davis jumped the underneath route and Perryman was lost. Too many eyes on Deshaun Watson and not enough on the receivers me thinks.

Play #3 The Ugly:
    Ingram gave up on the play ..unacceptable. Mebane got no push. Tillery pushed outside and Bosa was double teamed. Teamer didnt get deep enough after he realized nobody was his side, Jenkins sees the open receiver crossing but decides to sit on his spot watching Watson and the underneath route, resulting in him being late on the coverage.

• Kellyb72601
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Go to the play where they scored on the long run by the tight end and watch #28 (Facyson)

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

#2. Jenkins runs to the line just before the snap and tells Tillery to drop back into coverage?
      Then the dude is just standing around with nothing to do and no one within 5 yards of him.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

On #2, at first I thought Rayshawn should have been giving Teamer help, but after watching this angle and in slo-mo, I think this TD is on Teamer. Rayshawn picked up the other receiver and had good coverage in the EZ, while Teamer stumbled and didn't recover in time to break up the TD play...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

On #3, this is mostly on Rayshawn, who failed to give Teamer help deep. Rayshawn was WAY too late reacting. Notice how Teamer appears to be jawing at Rayshawn, saying something like, "COME ON MAN! You gotta give me some help here, bro!" And then Jenkins throwing up his arms as if to say, "oh. well!"

image.png

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

On play #3 is it just me or does it look like Tillery was held otherwise he woulda got to Watson in time?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
              Go to the play where they scored on the long run by the tight end and watch #28 (Facyson)
              #28 bottom of screen. Yup this guy needs to be cut after this effort. I didnt even slo-mo the all-22 so you can see him in real time

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                On play #3 is it just me or does it look like Tillery was held otherwise he woulda got to Watson in time?
                freeze video at 5 secs. looks like holding to me.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                  happy hump day diehards

Play #1 The Good:
                  Tillery, Bosa and King all diagnose bubble screen and react well. Thomas Davis sets the edge and the result is great tackle for loss.

Play #2 The Bad:
                  Roderic Teamer completely fails to cover his quarter, this is after he directs Jenkins where to move to so he should know where he needs cover. Thomas Davis jumped the underneath route and Perryman was lost. Too many eyes on Deshaun Watson and not enough on the receivers me thinks.

Play #3 The Ugly:
                  Ingram gave up on the play ..unacceptable. Mebane got no push. Tillery pushed outside and Bosa was double teamed. Teamer didnt get deep enough after he realized nobody was his side, Jenkins sees the open receiver crossing but decides to sit on his spot watching Watson and the underneath route, resulting in him being late on the coverage.

Ingram didn't give up on the play, he was playing the run first, so he took a false step trying to set the edge. Tillery did a stunt that took him out of the rush, expecting Ingram to loop behind him. It probably was Tillery's job to set the edge in case of a run.

Confusion reigns.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

freeze video at 5 secs. looks like holding to me.
                    Yeah I think if the zebras would have been watching the Texans o line like they were chickenhawking ours that play would have drawn a flag.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Ingram didn't give up on the play, he was playing the run first, so he took a false step trying to set the edge. Tillery did a stunt that took him out of the rush, expecting Ingram to loop behind him. It probably was Tillery's job to set the edge in case of a run.

Confusion reigns.
                      Ya i think we give Ingram a pass here. After seeing the Faycson effort pointed out to me earlier I should put that as #3 The Ugly.

Good stuff gang keep it up. Appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                      X