Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Los Angeles or Las Vegas

Two part question:

1. As a fan would you rather of had Spanos moved the club to A. Los Angeles or B. Las Vegas (and no, S.D. isn't option C.). For Los Angeles residents (I am one of them) try to assume you live in S.D. or somewhere other than L.A. or L.V. for a impartial answer. Keep in mind that the 50/50 attendance in Carson will more than likely happen in L.V. to the Raiders. Not that L.V. residents won't embrace them or they can't afford the tickets, it's that opposing teams fans will love to go see their team in the winter play in Vegas more so than probably anywhere else.

2. If you were the owner would you have preferred L.A. (better resale value than L.V. I assume, and cheap rent, but also not as much annual revenue) or L.V. (less resale value due to small market but by how much? Comparable value to AZ Cards?)

I'm thinking as a L.A. resident I would have preferred Vegas as a Charger fan.

Discuss.
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Don't matter now but I'd have prefered Las Vegas. That stadium is getting 750 million from hotel taxes. Not to mention i live here and hate the Raiders.

The Golden Knights are absolutely loved here.

My guess would be any team would be more loved here with a rebrand to call their own but the Raiders already have many fans here as do the Chargers.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan​
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Said this multiple times before
      Vegas baby
      Vegas
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

The funny thing is that it would make a huge difference to some San Diegans. The bottom line is the team would be leaving no matter where they went, yet "selling out" to LA is viewed as blasphemous by man people I know and LV would be okay. I don't quite get it - they are here or they are not.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

As a fan, I prefer the Chargers in LA and the Raiders in LV, over it being the other way around. LV is actually not far enough away for my liking; I wish they'd have flushed the terds all the way to San Antonio. But I'll take what we've got.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

LA no question

Comment

• bartman83642
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Not living in any of those areas I can see cases for both but I would say Vegas. With L.A. the Chargers are returning to where they started but with the city just recently getting the Rams back I would say it was bad timing. Also with no other pro football team in Vegas (assuming the Raiders would have gone to LA if the Chargers went to Vegas) the Chargers would have pretty much had the whole fan base for home games and the chance to build new fans in Vegas.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

If the Chargers were able to swing a stadium in Orange County, that might have been a less of a blow to folks in North SD County. However, the Rams tried Anaheim, and failed there too. I'm pretty sure that Vegas would have been problematic no matter what for the fan base... for most of San Diego it's a five hour trip. For Raider fans, that hasn't been an issue for their die hards that travel from LA to Oakland, so its closer for them now. Other than OC, maybe the IE, but in LA County.. not ideal for fans,but better for possible business.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Vegas is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. H. Thompson (adapted)

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I guess im loyal to the soil to some extent. Im a So Cal diehard. I just cant see myself rooting for a Vegas team. We have property and family throughout LA. UCLA and USC run deep in my family. We are a So Cal through and through family.

Id probably become a Rams fan to be honest. And would hand this forum over. But still remain a fan of you guys. With zero ill will whatsoever towards fans and the team.

Be part of this community from a brotherhood and support pov. Just not a fan of a Las Vegas team.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                      Two part question:

1. As a fan would you rather of had Spanos moved the club to A. Los Angeles or B. Las Vegas (and no, S.D. isn't option C.). For Los Angeles residents (I am one of them) try to assume you live in S.D. or somewhere other than L.A. or L.V. for a impartial answer. Keep in mind that the 50/50 attendance in Carson will more than likely happen in L.V. to the Raiders. Not that L.V. residents won't embrace them or they can't afford the tickets, it's that opposing teams fans will love to go see their team in the winter play in Vegas more so than probably anywhere else.

2. If you were the owner would you have preferred L.A. (better resale value than L.V. I assume, and cheap rent, but also not as much annual revenue) or L.V. (less resale value due to small market but by how much? Comparable value to AZ Cards?)

I'm thinking as a L.A. resident I would have preferred Vegas as a Charger fan.

Discuss.
                      People complain how many opposing fans are at the soccer stadium every game. In Vegas it would be ALL opposing fans. The Raiders will see this when they move in there, every week with be 40%-50% opposing fans.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

People complain how many opposing fans are at the soccer stadium every game. In Vegas it would be ALL opposing fans. The Raiders will see this when they move in there, every week with be 40%-50% opposing fans.
                        As long as they fill that stadium, Mark Davis won't care, internally. He does have to worry about the other Raider owners to say in power. The Charger owners? They have no such burden in their new digs... but I think it being close to LAX they might be able to have a quick in-n-out draw for other team fans..

Comment

Working...
                        X