• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Chargers vs. Dolphins Post-Game Analysis Wk. 4

Okay, the Bolts did what good teams are supposed to do--they beat up on a losing team. Just what the doctor ordered to get our record to 2-2. Not too much in the way of bad plays to report here...but to beat a good team, we'll need to tighten things up. Not sure King is the answer to replacing the injured Hayward. Love him in the slot, not so much on the edge. Here, King gets burned for that lone Fin TD:

image.png
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

We'd be 3-0 with Rivers if assorted LAC starters didn't make bonehead drops, penalties, etc. I wonder about the playcalling on O & D. Where the hell is that vaunted defense? The DL is healthy & should be making more plays. Where's the LB production? Davis was all we had until Perryman returned. Why did we waste a pick on Adderley if we won't give him a chance when his position is getting raped? I thought Tranquill was ideal to get some of Phillips "hybrid" snaps. Now, after some ST plays, he's injured so I guess Gus gets a pass there.

We can lose to anybody given our propensity for stupid mistakes at key junctures, questionable playcalling and personnel decisions. Clean up that mess & we can compete. I strongly doubt that the Chargers will look as good as they should v Mia, too much ti clean up but it should be enough to win.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      We'd be 3-0 with Rivers if assorted LAC starters didn't make bonehead drops, penalties, etc. I wonder about the playcalling on O & D. Where the hell is that vaunted defense? The DL is healthy & should be making more plays. Where's the LB production? Davis was all we had until Perryman returned. Why did we waste a pick on Adderley if we won't give him a chance when his position is getting raped? I thought Tranquill was ideal to get some of Phillips "hybrid" snaps. Now, after some ST plays, he's injured so I guess Gus gets a pass there.

We can lose to anybody given our propensity for stupid mistakes at key junctures, questionable playcalling and personnel decisions. Clean up that mess & we can compete. I strongly doubt that the Chargers will look as good as they should v Mia, too much ti clean up but it should be enough to win.
      The Tranq gun earned RS snaps with his stellar PS performance. Adderley was late to the party but he showed athletic skills that are not otherwise present in that defensive backfield. Agree on both - quit coddling, work through the growing pains and groom these kids now for the home stretch. Miami is the perfect place to start getting reps.

Wait - tranq is hurt. Damnit. Adderley is probably the bigger delta to get out there right now anyway. But Tranq is a baller, i guarantee it.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• El_Tee
        I’m No Noob
        • Sep 2019
        • Disney World, FL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

My point wasn't to take a shot at Phil, but the offense playcalling in general. I agree with your post 100% SJ

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee
          People don't want to hear it, but we'd be at least 1-2 right now with Tyrod and a different offense.

The NFL is evolving, but we are fine with coordinators that are still playing the game like it was 2010.
          Dont know why you would come to that conclusion. Hec a different Ref crew and we are 3-0.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Rivers rolls out to extend the play...he hits Pope, who rambles for the TD...I really like Pope's field awareness here...like this kid...

image.png

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

On this play, Teamer is the only defender in the right spot to stop the screen play.

image.png

But no. Instead of staying clean, Teamer allows himself to get blocked out and Fins get a first down:

image.png

Attached Files

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Really like what the Chargers did today, especially on offense. They needed to find a way to spread the ball around, they made that a priority, and they executed it beautifully. Gives me a lot more confidence moving forward.

When Gordon comes back, I think Ekeler will continue to play a major role in the RB role. He won't be the No. 1 back obviously, but he will be more than just a "complementary" back to Gordon. It will be more of a committee with MG. This will help keep MG fresher too.

The Chargers control their destiny to win the division. If they finish the season with a 12-0 run, they are AFC West Champs.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Here, Teamer does his best Addae-like launch 'n whiff. Play didn't gain much, but I'm not real high on launchwhiffies...

image.png
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Topcat; 09-29-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Speaking of launchwhiffies, even Nwosu gets into the act here:

image.png
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Really like what the Chargers did today, especially on offense. They needed to find a way to spread the ball around, they made that a priority, and they executed it beautifully. Gives me a lot more confidence moving forward.

When Gordon comes back, I think Ekeler will continue to play a major role in the RB role. He won't be the No. 1 back obviously, but he will be more than just a "complementary" back to Gordon. It will be more of a committee with MG. This will help keep MG fresher too.

The Chargers control their destiny to win the division. If they finish the season with a 12-0 run, they are AFC West Champs.
                      Yep...and and all of this despite injuries...at least we're fairly deep at wideout...

Comment

• Protect17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Great Break downs and the king play stands out of course .What was the set up on that play ? Did we rush how many and wouldn't a blitz on such a crap QB not give time for that seperation ? Shouldn't Gus understand we are riddled with injury and we need to really come after the QB not only today but the weeks to come ? Love the awareness of Rivers on the Eckler TD today loved how he got a lane to sit in and deliver nice Job by Rivers the Oline and Eckler .How about our star WR today I know he got banged up Ankle but that guy balled the hell out for us today Inman looked good .Inman is hit and miss I know but man would it be nice to have him ball out like this a few more times .Ending I love the term Launchwhiff LMAO if these guys are that desperate wrap up those ankles on the Launch not the waist and hold that foot until someone can clean the clock .
                        Last edited by Protect17; 09-29-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍