Clear All
  • Boltdog
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Lunar Surface
    • Nutrition Consultant
    • Send PM

Could Dan DePalma Be Another Amendola?

Dan DePalma, formerly in Jets and Giants camps/ practice squads past 2 years, might have a similar career track as Danny Amendola did when he bloomed at STL.

Similar size (5'11, 190) and work ethic, fine hands and ability to get open. Improving w/ each camp. DePalma giving early notice so far in TC, in absence of VB, like to see what he does in the preseason games.

Given how our WRs seem to go down as the season starts, hope we take a long look at this guy. He probably has to show something on STs too, as he is facing long odds I know. Just like to see TT bring in these underdogs who take nothing for granted and bust their tails. Where is West Chester anyways?
    Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:
  • Boltsfan70
    East Coast Chargers Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
    • Send PM

West Chester is in PA

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

more like Greg Camarillo
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Didnt make it here didnt make it their, maybe he went to a place with lower expectation... I hope not. Maybe he beats out Goodman!
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Ready for a ring
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Does DePalma have weak elbows?

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

I can easily see DePalma replace Royal on the roster, just like I expect Gronk to replace McClain.

Gives us close to 3 million in cap savings this season and 9.3 million towards next year's cap.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Well all this talk about dropping Meachem on other forums i have to think that the money alone isnt really concerning most people. The number to cut him his ginormous. I think its close to 7 million. Its alot Harder to make the most of a team you are forced to keep together.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Well all this talk about dropping Meachem on other forums i have to think that the money alone isnt really concerning most people. The number to cut him his ginormous. I think its close to 7 million. Its alot Harder to make the most of a team you are forced to keep together.
                We can't cut Meachum at all. To start his entire contract is guaranteed. To finish, cutting him would add another 3.75 million to the cap in dead money (which we don't even have). The last number I saw for our cap was 3.1 million. Just doesn't make sense to cut him since we have to pay his salary anyways + we would have to split his cap hit over two years and it would still put us in a very bad position.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  We can't cut Meachum at all. To start his entire contract is guaranteed. To finish, cutting him would add another 3.75 million to the cap in dead money (which we don't even have). The last number I saw for our cap was 3.1 million. Just doesn't make sense to cut him since we have to pay his salary anyways + we would have to split his cap hit over two years and it would still put us in a very bad position.

No of course not. Thats what im saying. Im proud of this forum for knowing their numbers make for strange predictions.

Comment

Working...
                  X