• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Giants claim Chris Peace!!!

Wow...Just...Wow

This is EXACTLY what I was afraid of! Chris Peace, who had two sacks in the preseason and looked to have a promising future as a back-up edge rusher, was claimed off waivers as the Bolts were most probably trying to sneak him onto their practice squad. The Bolts D-line really needs help, and now this...wow, I guess it's the Charger way...watch...I predict Peace ends up with 5-6 sacks in a backup role this season, and eventually becomes a solid starter...

Giants claim Chris Peace off waivers from Chargers

Getty I

The Giants claimed defensive end Chris Peace off waivers from the Chargers, the team announced Monday. He fills the roster spot of linebacker Ryan Connelly, whom the team placed on injured reserve with a torn anterior cruciate ligament.
    Peace, 23, played in the Chargers' season opener. He saw action on three special teams snaps.
    The Chargers waived him Saturday.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...from-chargers/
  • MasterOfPuppets
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Tijuana
    • Send PM

image.png

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Yep...Ingram out and Bolts waive Peace just when they could use him...awful player management here...what was TT thinking?

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Tijuana
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        Yep...Ingram out and Bolts waive Peace just when they could use him...awful player management here...what was TT thinking?
        well, it says that they waved him on saturday, maybe it was to bring in Patton?

image.png

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Well congrats to Peace he gets a chance to play.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

This like the front office sucks.I hope nothing but good fortune for the dude.Just not against my team.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

well, it says that they waved him on saturday, maybe it was to bring in Patton?

image.png
              I realize they needed to make room, but I felt Peace showed a lot in the PS and deserved to stay...correct move would be to shift Rayshawn to SS, Adderley starts at FS, and send Teamer to PS...

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I realize they needed to make room, but I felt Peace showed a lot in the PS and deserved to stay...correct move would be to shift Rayshawn to SS, Adderley starts at FS, and send Teamer to PS...
                Lynn feels that Jenkins is pretty good at FS and it would hurt both positions to move him to SS. While losing Peace sucks, we still have Nwosu, Lanier, and Rochelle at DE.

Comment

• Scotty Boy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2017
                  • Send PM

But Peace had the best pure speed rush on the entire team. This, not coincidently, is part of the problem with the pash rush - or lack thereof. The Chargers don't put pressure on the outside rush; consistently stressing the OT will significantly things up for Bosa and the DTs. Not hard to see....

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

DOH!!!!!

This is just one of those annoying things that happens when teams start to have a lot of injuries. It becomes musical chairs at the bottom of the roster. The alternative is that teams go into a game without enough depth at another position.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He had a good preseason, but he had a long way to go before he was a great player or anything. His sacks were against backup OL types. He needed to get a lot better at using his hands and stringing his moves together. Peace is a promising, but not amazing prospect. We have a guy like him on the roster every couple of years. Every once in a while, one will develop into a player. Most of the time they languish at the bottom of the roster for a couple of seasons.

That said, I liked his potential too. It is tough to keep backups who aren't very active on ST, and he only played 3 snaps the week he was active. Not every guy has to be a ST star, but any backup who isn't on the ST groups is on thin ice on any team.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Lynn feels that Jenkins is pretty good at FS and it would hurt both positions to move him to SS. While losing Peace sucks, we still have Nwosu, Lanier, and Rochelle at DE.
                      You see how it took Denver 4 games to record a sack? Miller and Chubb don't have the help next to them to produce better results. The Broncos have the same problems the Chargers do; Talent issue on the interior, DT/NT.

Same thing as how the team can't just rely on KA on offense, and get other receivers involved. Have to get other guys on the D-line to do something noteworthy. Same reason as why teams will target the inferior cornerback when passing, and take away the effectiveness of the superior one. Teams are going to take away the effectiveness the superior D linemen, and make you try to beat them with your inferior D linemen.

Because Adderly missed time, he is behind on learning on carrying out the team's game plans. I'd like to see what he can do as a nickel corner. He has experience playing that role. Would be a good way for the coaches to bring him along.

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      DOH!!!!!

This is just one of those annoying things that happens when teams start to have a lot of injuries. It becomes musical chairs at the bottom of the roster. The alternative is that teams go into a game without enough depth at another position.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He had a good preseason, but he had a long way to go before he was a great player or anything. His sacks were against backup OL types. He needed to get a lot better at using his hands and stringing his moves together. Peace is a promising, but not amazing prospect. We have a guy like him on the roster every couple of years. Every once in a while, one will develop into a player. Most of the time they languish at the bottom of the roster for a couple of seasons.

That said, I liked his potential too. It is tough to keep backups who aren't very active on ST, and he only played 3 snaps the week he was active. Not every guy has to be a ST star, but any backup who isn't on the ST groups is on thin ice on any team.
                      The team is losing speed on the edge. Nwosu and Bosa are the speed guys remaining. Rochelle doesn't have the speed for an edge rusher, he's more of a power rusher.

Peace could line up on the inside. He offered versatility. Not having enough backup pass rushers has hurt this team.

The team has big holes to fill in replacing guys like Liuget and Philon.

Comment

• GA Charger
                        A man with a toaster
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

What ever happened to that other guy who looked so good in PS...Lanier, I think was his name?
                        Can we get him back?

Comment

Working...
                        X