• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

I can't see where the ball is when he loses or regains control, beats me. The Allen call-back was more egregious - defender grabs him ... defender jumps in his route path to initiate contact ... defender stumbles and falls ... Allen called for penalty?

I can't seem to let it go, not after the Ekeler-double-snatch. Traveshamockery!
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      I can't see where the ball is when he loses or regains control, beats me. The Allen call-back was more egregious - defender grabs him ... defender jumps in his route path to initiate contact ... defender stumbles and falls ... Allen called for penalty?

I can't seem to let it go, not after the Ekeler-double-snatch. Traveshamockery!
      This season has been brutal for bad officiating. In a normal year the refs are a dumpster fire, this year they are a dumpster fire with a Miley Cyrus concert going on inside said burning dumpster.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

This season has been brutal for bad officiating. In a normal year the refs are a dumpster fire, this year they are a dumpster fire with a Miley Cyrus concert going on inside said burning dumpster.
        Good god.... the horror.

Comment

• attila
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2014
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Ball has to be completely within the end zone to be a safety. The goal line is part of the end zone.
          No. Ball has to be completely across line to not be a safety. He was outside endzone fumbled and regained possession and touched down while in endzone. It was a safety.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Here is the actual rule: It is a Safety if the spot of enforcement for a foul by the offense is behind its own goal line, or if the ball is dead in possession of a team on or behind its own goal line when the impetus (3-17) comes from the team defending that goal line.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              That looks like a safety to me. Did they review it?
              I thought they were suppose too review all possible scoring plays?
              From Day 1, the NFL has a made a complete farce of the process. It should have been only possible scoring plays and possible change of posesssion that were reviewable. Period. Gotta keep the human element of the game.
              How often over the years has a play occurred where the guys in the booth( ex players or refs) have said one thing and the refs on the field call it another way? Too many to count. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Comment

Working...
              X