MIA Week4: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (DEFENSE)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

MIA Week4: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (DEFENSE)

Happy Hump Day

Defense edition. Same as Offense with such a great win i couldnt have The Ugly, so i changed them to The Great.

Play #1 The Good:
    Nwosu reads this play immediately and slices through. Jenkins also reads and reacts so fast and from so deep in the end zone. Good defensive play. Both Davis and Perryman read it well, but the stars are Nwosu + Jenkins.

Play #2 The Bad:
    Not sure if its Bosa split so wide or Square too far inside but this left a large gap for Drake to run through. Davis follows Drake in motion and both he and Perryman close the middle hole forcing Drake outside. Davis missed tackle, Hayward no effort tackle and Jenkins just barely saved the play. This was 3rd and 1 which allowed an easy 1st down.

Play #3 The Great:
    3rd and 7. GusD dials up a perfect blitz. Disguises it so well it has MIA O-Line and Rosen both focused on the left side pre-snap. So many moving pieces here resulted on complete confusion on their O-Line and Jones + Jenkins + King running free at Rosen who just threw it up so avoid the big sack. I added the All-22 as well so we can see all the moving parts. I admire this play call.

tell me what you think diehards!!
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Play #2 - was Davis supposed to be closing that gap? Looks like he leans inside after guessing an A gap run and gets caught in the wash
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
      Happy Hump Day

Defense edition. Same as Offense with such a great win i couldnt have The Ugly, so i changed them to The Great.

Play #1 The Good:
      Nwosu reads this play immediately and slices through. Jenkins also reads and reacts so fast and from so deep in the end zone. Good defensive play. Both Davis and Perryman read it well, but the stars are Nwosu + Jenkins.

Play #2 The Bad:
      Not sure if its Bosa split so wide or Square too far inside but this left a large gap for Drake to run through. Davis follows Drake in motion and both he and Perryman close the middle hole forcing Drake outside. Davis missed tackle, Hayward no effort tackle and Jenkins just barely saved the play. This was 3rd and 1 which allowed an easy 1st down.

Play #3 The Great:
      3rd and 7. GusD dials up a perfect blitz. Disguises it so well it has MIA O-Line and Rosen both focused on the left side pre-snap. So many moving pieces here resulted on complete confusion on their O-Line and Jones + Jenkins + King running free at Rosen who just threw it up so avoid the big sack. I added the All-22 as well so we can see all the moving parts. I admire this play call.

tell me what you think diehards!!
      Not so sure you can call this "good" when Nwosu launchwhiffed...the Addae legacy continues...

image.png

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Regarding #3, LOVE IT! Now WHY doesn't Bradley dial this up more often? Why?

image.png
        Attached Files

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          Regarding #3, LOVE IT! Now WHY doesn't Bradley dial this up more often? Why?
          I suspect it has been because our secondary has so many injuries and with so many young players on the field that he has been reluctant to leave them on an island. With Michael Davis back, perhaps he trusted the DBs more.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Not so sure you can call this "good" when Nwosu launchwhiffed...the Addae legacy continues...

image.png
            ya the lauchwiffe is frustrating, but i called it good because he diagnosed the play immediately and put himself in postion to make a tackle. He did impede the progress and slowed the ball carrier down allowing his team to cleanup. maybe the MIA player was getting paid too and played like it. So to clarify its not just the individual performance, but the team as a whole i call "good"

Thanks for the reply Cat. Keep it up. It makes me better.:cheers:

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

ya the lauchwiffe is frustrating, but i called it good because he diagnosed the play immediately and put himself in postion to make a tackle. He did impede the progress and slowed the ball carrier down allowing his team to cleanup. maybe the MIA player was getting paid too and played like it. So to clarify its not just the individual performance, but the team as a whole i call "good"

Thanks for the reply Cat. Keep it up. It makes me better.:cheers:
              And thanks for the analysis, Chili...makes us ALL better students of the game...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                Play #2 - was Davis supposed to be closing that gap? Looks like he leans inside after guessing an A gap run and gets caught in the wash
                TDAVIS just missed the tackle. He should have made it and would have resulted in a 1-2 yard gain.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

image.png
                  Not a whiff just a missed tackle. Uchenna read, reacted fantastic just needs to finish. The fill was tremendous and Jenkins was a laser in his processing skills and run lane fill.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Not a whiff just a missed tackle. Uchenna read, reacted fantastic just needs to finish. The fill was tremendous and Jenkins was a laser in his processing skills and run lane fill.
                    What's the difference between a whiff and a missed tackle?

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

A game of inches.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

a whiff, in baseball, is a swing and a miss. translate to tackling...I see a difference in a whiff versus a mistackle. sometimes guys break through arm tackles. I'd categorize that as a missed tackle, not a whiff. but to each his own I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍