• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

What's Going On With Lamp?

Why hasn't this guy started a game yet? His injury was in 2017, and there isn't any guard on team from a talent standpoint better than him. Feeney and Schofield have also both struggled since he was drafted.

Is there some development to his game that is needed like Pipkins or is he just not able to beat the competition?
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Interesting topic. Some would say the coaches know best, Lynn has twice cited not wanting to upset the existing Oline chemistry, make of that what you will.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

He'd be starting if the coaching staff thought he was better than Feeney or Schofield.

Comment

• Flchargersfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

He was worked into the starting lineup in the second quarter last game and most believe he will be starting in a few weeks

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

eye love the comment that he was too low in his stance.... what a wonderful "problem" to have.... can't recall the last time if ever I've read that about a prospect ??

not sure he's noticeably better than what we've got, save perhaps for Scho, and.... think he's in the process of winning that position battle.

for myself, the question is will the Oline staff move Dan over to his position in college @RG, and plug Forrest in @LG.

am under the impression that Feeney is the better run blocker than in pass pro, and that Forrest is better in pass pro than as a run blocker.... (which could be part of the holdup in an AL inspired run game ?)

and maybe I'm outta date, but thought your RG was prototypically your better run blocker, and your LG the better in pass protection (blind side) ??
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            eye love the comment that he was too low in his stance.... what a wonderful "problem" to have.... can't recall the last time if ever I've read that about a prospect ??

not sure he's noticeably better than what we've got, save perhaps for Scho, and.... think he's in the process of winning that position battle.

for myself, the question is will the Oline staff move Dan over to his position in college @RG, and plug Forrest in @LG.

am under the impression that Feeney is the better run blocker than in pass pro, and that Forrest is better in pass pro than as a run blocker.... (which could be part of the holdup in an AL inspired run game ?)

and maybe I'm outta date, but thought your RG was prototypically your better run blocker, and your LG the better in pass protection (blind side) ??
            That is/was true for LT vs RT. Not sure for OGs as I've never heard that about them but I certainly could be wrong.

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
              Why hasn't this guy started a game yet? His injury was in 2017, and there isn't any guard on team from a talent standpoint better than him. Feeney and Schofield have also both struggled since he was drafted.

Is there some development to his game that is needed like Pipkins or is he just not able to beat the competition?
              He's going to replace Feeney at LG. The rotation happened there just like it did with Tevi and Barksdale last year. It's just a manner of when.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Interesting topic. Some would say the coaches know best, Lynn has twice cited not wanting to upset the existing Oline chemistry, make of that what you will.
                The so-called chemistry has allowed a sack in just about every game.

I wish Schofield moved back to RT. The team was doing better when he played there. I've seen my fair share of Tevi as the starter, and it's at a point where its depressing.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I wish Schofield moved back to RT. The team was doing better when he played there. I've seen my fair share of Tevi as the starter, and it's at a point where its depressing.
                  Tevi, Feeney and Scott have each allowed 2.5 sacks so far. Not good. Over 16 games, they're all on schedule to allow about 12 sacks. Scho and Pouncey have allowed none, though I think Scho has failed to give help at times to others who got the blame for the sack. IOL is most critical to keep pocket intact, so that means Feeney has to go. Lamp in for Feeney, please.

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Schofield never played RT for us.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Schofield never played RT for us.
                      He had snaps at ORT during one of the many times Barks was hurt.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

He had snaps at ORT during one of the many times Barks was hurt.
                        I only remember Tevin going in for Barks

Comment

Working...
                        X