Will Phillip Rivers Ever See The New Stadium Next Year?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Electric Chicken
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Will Phillip Rivers Ever See The New Stadium Next Year?

This should be interesting,,,,, your comments please
  • CTrout
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I was just thinking about this today. Honestly if I'm running this team I think it's time to move on.
    Spending 40-50-60 million whatever it is....to bring back a QB at his age is probably not smart. Does anyone really think he's going to get better at this point or will his game start to decline?

Through out his career he's had a good running game, good OL, good D, and good WRs....now these haven't always been at the same time and they probably never will. Yet, other then one time (maybe 2), we've never been a serious SB contender. Many of those years we couldn't even make the playoffs.

Imo not having a contract for next year is a MUCH bigger deal then some think!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
      I was just thinking about this today. Honestly if I'm running this team I think it's time to move on.
      Spending 40-50-60 million whatever it is....to bring back a QB at his age is probably not smart. Does anyone really think he's going to get better at this point or will his game start to decline?

Through out his career he's had a good running game, good OL, good D, and good WRs....now these haven't always been at the same time and they probably never will. Yet, other then one time (maybe 2), we've never been a serious SB contender. Many of those years we couldn't even make the playoffs.

Imo not having a contract for next year is a MUCH bigger deal then some think!
      Still waiting for the good OL. And he hasn't always had a good running game.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Been saying it all off-season. I think this is Rivers last year, Chargers are probably better off moving off Rivers this season. Give 2020 to Tyrod and Easton and see if you have anything with them if not go all in on the draft 2021 or 2022. Chargers SB is officially shut closed as long as Mahomes and Reid run the West

Comment

• CTrout
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Still waiting for the good OL. And he hasn't always had a good running game.
          Agree this OL isn't good enough..and he hasn't always had a running game.

My point is it feels like we have to have a great OL, running game and great D etc. for him to get us there. We'll never have a perfect team..never. There's been plenty of other QBs who have been to SBs with rosters with holes and weaknesses.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post

Agree this OL isn't good enough..and he hasn't always had a running game.

My point is it feels like we have to have a great OL, running game and great D etc. for him to get us there. We'll never have a perfect team..never. There's been plenty of other QBs who have been to SBs with rosters with holes and weaknesses.
            Well what QB has done it by himself? Dilfer sucked so it wasn't him. He had the #1 defense. Hec his offense went 4 games without scoring a TD.

Ben won his first and was just average as a rookie. Eli has never been great but had the best run game. I keep saying it's a team game and if you have a good QB , that's a big help but nobody can do it alone.
            Peyton had Denver's #1 defense.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Biggestfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Surprised he isn't dead yet with this oline

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Me personally Im willing to kick the can down as far as possible.Scary to think what this team might look like without Rivers.

Comment

• Joy Division
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Copycat league we hear it all the time. Why not copycat New Eng'and's strategy for acquiring an offensive line?
                  Brady has 3 weeks to throw back there. All. The. Time.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Is that the Polian I mean Telesco style though?

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                      glutton for punishment
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                      • Send PM

I love PR and feel like he was never given the OL he needed to really maximize his talents.... but young QBs are succeeding out of the gate on the regular now and I think it is time to draft his replacement. Unfortunately, we will likely win just enough games this season that requires us to sell the farm in order to trade up for a legit QB prospect. It is crazy to think this team won 12 game last year.... typical Chargers.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

I believe Rivers will play his last year next year in the new stadium so why not go all the way in on the trenches next draft and free agency?Give Rivers his one last shot to get the ring he deserves and if it goes to shit at least we will give whatever Q.B. we find to replace PR an honest fighting chance at not coming in and getting demolished.

Comment

Working...
                        X