• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwynning_Spirit
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

What the fuck is there to do in Cleveland besides the escape of sports?
    work at Winfred-Louder and then have a Cap-Beer-Cino?

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
      Dude nobody in LA wants them there. How are you surprised by this?

Literally every person in the world saw this coming when the Chargers announced it.

Imo even the Spanos knew this would happen and still did it to increase net worth value of the team (which they did).
      Did I say I was surprised? I just am getting sick of it. Getting sick of donky co-grilling me year in and year out with their "home field" in California.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You make it sound like the Chargers had some kind of big home field advantage while in San Diego. As a long time season ticket holder it was embarrassing in San Diego as well.
        Not even close. I see this type of post occasionally from San Diego fans whose experience was probably colored in the last few years. There may have been 10-15k visiting fans for the big franchises in San Diego but 10-15k out of 60k is miles different from 10-15k out of 25,000

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

Did I say I was surprised? I just am getting sick of it. Getting sick of donky co-grilling me year in and year out with their "home field" in California.
          Start a petition for Spanos to sell the team then because them selling and someone else moving it anywhere else that their actually wanted is the only solution to this problem.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Biggestfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
            If you are a long time fan then this isn't new even since the move to LA. San Diego always had issues with having a home game against Broncos, Raiders, Packers, Cowboys, or any other nationally followed team. You want generations of fans then you must win in a few generations. I was born in San Diego and currently live in Ohio. The chargers with Tomlinson didn't win a super bowl but with the small amount of winning they did, I saw LT jerseys popping up here. Another key factor is that EVERY LA football team has left the city. Pro football has never done well there.
            At least the Rams organization is committed to winning apparently. Hired a young innovative HC. Brought in a seasoned defensive coordinator. Drafted well in the trenches. Were willing to gamble on free agents. And made the superbowl last year. Chargers organization is steeped in failure right now and in recent history. Sad when you have a franchise QB and your front office cant put a perennial contender out there.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Aren't there any billionaires with ties to San Diego? That might want to become a legend in their own time, by buying the team and bringing them home?
              The bufoons that run our team will never make the right decisions. The sooner they're gone, the better.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

I remember living in SD when LT was drafted. There was plenty of fans those years.

Winners bring fans. Losers bring diehards.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

What? After two years in a soccer stadium the fan base hasn't developed yet? Shocking.

It's going to be ugly in Stan's new stadium. The only Chargers games that might fill that building will be the Raiders games and it will be all silver and black.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Not even close. I see this type of post occasionally from San Diego fans whose experience was probably colored in the last few years. There may have been 10-15k visiting fans for the big franchises in San Diego but 10-15k out of 60k is miles different from 10-15k out of 25,000
                    You clearly did not attend many Raider, Steeler, Bronco or Green Bay games...

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

What the fuck is there to do in Cleveland besides the escape of sports?

Now compare that with SoCal. The Bolts were only supported on a luke warm basis in SD by non fairweather fans. The support in LA is even worse. The prices at the soccer stadium do not draw many non financially secure fans. SoCal is also a popular travel/vacation area so opposing fans can justify trips to see games at exorbitant prices. Tons of seats are bought by brokers who market to traveling fans at Max profit. I'll be interested to see how the fan support goes in the new stadium with many more seats at semi more affordable price.

The Bolts have never been consistent winners so earning fans will require a consistent winning culture, multiple consecutive PO appearances, and a championship or 2.
                      smores GIF
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

work at Winfred-Louder and then have a Cap-Beer-Cino?
                        Or go to Malley's Chocolates....

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Memo to LAC.

Win big or go extinct in this market.
                          Amen. It's as simple as that. Gotta build legacy to hold
                          fan base here.

Comment

Working...
                          X