Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

I Have To Get This Off Of My Chest.

As a life long Charger fan this is what is really eating at me. The Chargers away games at home. It is so embarrassing. I live in Utah and there are a TON of donko fans. I was harassed and laughed at about more donk fans than Charger fans yesterday. Sad. Look at Cleveland they have SUCKED. literally sucked for decades yet they have die hard fans and you never hear the opposing fans at their games. If you have ZERO home field advantage there is so much at team can do. You think that is going to change next year with a new stadium? Doubtful. What is it about the Chargers? Why can we not have near sellouts and fans that show up and show out, not sell out? This is making it hard for me personally to maintain being a fan. I would rather have a 1-15 team with crazy psychotic rabid Charger fans in a packed house rather than a .500 team with 60% opposing fans filling the seats every home game. Heart and soul crushing. Some say it is the travel destination of So Cal to make a nice vacation for opposing fans.... Is that it? Head scratchier. I just don't get it.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

The Chargers are not at home in LA. They need to find a new city that actually wants them.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
      As a life long Charger fan this is what is really eating at me. The Chargers away games at home. It is so embarrassing. I live in Utah and there are a TON of donko fans. I was harassed and laughed at about more donk fans than Charger fans yesterday. Sad. Look at Cleveland they have SUCKED. literally sucked for decades yet they have die hard fans and you never hear the opposing fans at their games. If you have ZERO home field advantage there is so much at team can do. You think that is going to change next year with a new stadium? Doubtful. What is it about the Chargers? Why can we not have near sellouts and fans that show up and show out, not sell out? This is making it hard for me personally to maintain being a fan. I would rather have a 1-15 team with crazy psychotic rabid Charger fans in a packed house rather than a .500 team with 60% opposing fans filling the seats every home game. Heart and soul crushing. Some say it is the travel destination of So Cal to make a nice vacation for opposing fans.... Is that it? Head scratchier. I just don't get it.
      Yes, its horrible but are you serious with this post? They moved to a city that had zero interest in them being there. Most people knew that to be the case. Not Spanos. They either bought into Fabiani's oft-repeated theory about the bigger market and bigger revenue or just hoped against all evidence to the contrary that they could make it work.

Comment

• RobH
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Tokyo, Japan
        • University English Lecturer
        • Send PM

So Cal is mostly transplants. So a lot of people maintain their true allegiances for their original teams. Also, when the Bolts were the Coryell version that stadium was packed and it was solid gold. The Bolts were the talk of the town. Since the Spanos scum took over, the teams generally sucked and it got worse when they started bitching about needing a new stadium shortly after the remodel. It got even worse once they brought in that scumbag lawyer to negotiate for them. Once they moved to LA, they lost virtually all SD fans and Angelenos couldn't give a shit less about them. There's a lot of bad owners in the NFL, but the Bolts have the worst by far IMO. Ergo the loss of home field advantage.

Comment

• BigBad
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

If you are a long time fan then this isn't new even since the move to LA. San Diego always had issues with having a home game against Broncos, Raiders, Packers, Cowboys, or any other nationally followed team. You want generations of fans then you must win in a few generations. I was born in San Diego and currently live in Ohio. The chargers with Tomlinson didn't win a super bowl but with the small amount of winning they did, I saw LT jerseys popping up here. Another key factor is that EVERY LA football team has left the city. Pro football has never done well there.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
            What the fuck is there to do in Cleveland besides the escape of sports?

Now compare that with SoCal. The Bolts were only supported on a luke warm basis in SD by non fairweather fans. The support in LA is even worse. The prices at the soccer stadium do not draw many non financially secure fans. SoCal is also a popular travel/vacation area so opposing fans can justify trips to see games at exorbitant prices. Tons of seats are bought by brokers who market to traveling fans at Max profit. I'll be interested to see how the fan support goes in the new stadium with many more seats at semi more affordable price.

The Bolts have never been consistent winners so earning fans will require a consistent winning culture, multiple consecutive PO appearances, and a championship or 2.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Memo to LAC.

Win big or go extinct in this market.
              You don't know ball

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yes, its horrible but are you serious with this post? They moved to a city that had zero interest in them being there. Most people knew that to be the case. Not Spanos. They either bought into Fabiani's oft-repeated theory about the bigger market and bigger revenue or just hoped against all evidence to the contrary that they could make it work.
                You make it sound like the Chargers had some kind of big home field advantage while in San Diego. As a long time season ticket holder it was embarrassing in San Diego as well.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Dude nobody in LA wants them there. How are you surprised by this?

Literally every person in the world saw this coming when the Chargers announced it.

Imo even the Spanos knew this would happen and still did it to increase net worth value of the team (which they did).
                  Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

To wood's point
                    winning solves everything
                    I don't remember meeting a single Patriot fan before 2001.
                    .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                    .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                    .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                    .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                    .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                    .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                    .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                    .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                    .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      To wood's point
                      winning solves everything
                      I don't remember meeting a single Patriot fan before 2001.
                      and all of those donk fans will stfu when their team is getting spanked.
                      If DEN came out and crapped the bed like we did, there would have been a sea of orange jerseys not saying anything.

Hopefully this will be like jackass jawed Vance Joseph's moment of glory when Koo f'd the pooch in 2017's opener and handed him a winner en route to their loser season.
                      If they continue to suck, the band wagon will get much thinner the farther away from pile high that you get.

Then the kroenke dome would just be empty instead of full of horse manure clad in orange when they play us here; but that's a different problem.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Absolutely serious. I went to PLENTY of games in San Diego. There were ALWAYS a ton of opposing fans. Not to the scope it is now. But still, I have had the sunday ticket going on 20 years. I have watch mind boggling amount of football. I have seen bad teams such as the Browns, Bucs, Jags, Bills, Fins, Cards, Bengals, raiders, and Skins. all bad franchises. Never ever heard DEFENSE! DEFENSE while their offense in on the field at home.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍