• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

dive GIF
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

diving high dive GIF
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

diving fail GIF
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          diving fail GIF
          And Dean Spanos enters the tepid waters of the Souther California Mega Market. I give him a 1....

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Los Angeles Chargers 27, Tennessee Titans 24

4:05 p.m. ET (CBS) | Nissan Stadium (Nashville, Tenn.)

It's hard to imagine the Chargers organization fumbling the end of the Philip Rivers era, but this matchup makes me wonder if there's any chance that Rivers could be the ultimate successor to Marcus Mariota, a man he was once rumored to be potentially traded for. This meeting of two teams stuck at 2-4 marks the first start for Ryan Tannehill as a Titan, a walking reminder of how difficult it is to find a true franchise quarterback. After 16 seasons, not one missed start and a consistent lack of support from his organization in a variety of ways, it would be fascinating if Rivers were to become the next NFL star to force his way out of town when he hits free agency this offseason.

I honestly wouldnt mind this, everyone has the right to chase a SB Ring. Why continue playing for this losing organization?

Spanos! Please sell the team!!! And while you are at it.. take Telesco with you! 6 years and no Division Championships..
            Last edited by foreigner; 10-17-2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              diving high dive GIF
              This gif signifies the Chargers nailing their entry into the L.A. market - but nobody notices?

Explain!

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This gif signifies the Chargers nailing their entry into the L.A. market - but nobody notices?

Explain!
                See 2 posts prior... I got it!

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Explain!

Failing to make a splash is usually good in diving

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Cool story Blazing! I'll tell you mine... I was born 10 years before you (1966). I was actually born in Santa Barbara and was a Rams fan for the first 10 years of my life. Rams had a good run during the 70's. My family moved (back) to SD county when I was 7 and I remained a Rams fan initially. The Chargers were bad in the early 70's. Although, most long time Chargers fans (my dad) could tell you all about the 60's Chargers lore (Bambi, Lowe, Mix, Gillman ect.). In 1976 (year you were born) I went to my first Chargers game... I was actually there to watch my Rams. I was really surprised to see the stadium full even though the Chargers were bad at the time. Stadium was 51,000 seats at the time and filled, to my recollection. Chargers played the Rams real close that day. I was impressed with the energy of the crowd that day and adopted my 2nd favorite team (Chargers). My first introduction to Chargers football was the opposite of the narrative most people hear about Chargers' fans... here were passionate fans filling a stadium to see a bad team. Of course a couple years later, Air-Coryell landed and it was nearly impossible to get a ticket for 5 or 6 years. The stadium would be expanded 2 times and add 20,000 seats. Once the stadium was expanded, you started seeing some visiting fans (mostly in the obstructed seats behind the visitor's bench... and front of the north facing cameras). But the Chargers' faithful maintained their numbers (51,000 - 55,000). Certainly, during the "lean" years, enthusiasm has ebbed and flowed. But the narrative (SD fans were fair-weather) is just not true. They've always been there (maybe not 71,000) but very few original loyal fans ever bailed on the Chargers (until recently after the move).
                    This completely supports my belief that the make up of SD community changed over time. Transplants move in proud San Diegans priced out move away. The conservative pro business nature of the county that worked to grow and be world class and entice professional sports to come to town became a more ca liberal tree hugging stadiums are bad for the environment rich owners are bad and should pay for everything themselves for the privilege of being here we need to fix pot holes. The nature and make up of the community is the main reason we could not build a new stadium. San Diego has changed.
                    Last edited by BlazingBolt; 10-19-2019, 10:46 AM.
                    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Los Angeles Chargers 27, Tennessee Titans 24

4:05 p.m. ET (CBS) | Nissan Stadium (Nashville, Tenn.)

It's hard to imagine the Chargers organization fumbling the end of the Philip Rivers era, but this matchup makes me wonder if there's any chance that Rivers could be the ultimate successor to Marcus Mariota, a man he was once rumored to be potentially traded for. This meeting of two teams stuck at 2-4 marks the first start for Ryan Tannehill as a Titan, a walking reminder of how difficult it is to find a true franchise quarterback. After 16 seasons, not one missed start and a consistent lack of support from his organization in a variety of ways, it would be fascinating if Rivers were to become the next NFL star to force his way out of town when he hits free agency this offseason.

I honestly wouldnt mind this, everyone has the right to chase a SB Ring. Why continue playing for this losing organization?

Spanos! Please sell the team!!! And while you are at it.. take Telesco with you! 6 years and no Division Championships..
                      I doubt there’s a single Chargers fan anywhere who would turn on Rivers if he said he demanded the Chargers to not franchise tag him. He deserves it and it would be 100% completely justifiable especially since it’s not like he would be breaking his contract either since he’s an UFA after this season.
                      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

I doubt there’s a single Chargers fan anywhere who would turn on Rivers if he said he demanded the Chargers to not franchise tag him. He deserves it and it would be 100% completely justifiable especially since it’s not like he would be breaking his contract either since he’s an UFA after this season.
                        Meh. The entire “fans turning” concept is over-rated. This is a profession, not a homecoming election. And fans don’t get a vote anyway.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• UglyTruth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Meh. The entire “fans turning” concept is over-rated. This is a profession, not a homecoming election. And fans don’t get a vote anyway.
                          It happens though otherwise you wouldn’t see the whole jersey burning and social media bashing/threats that you see from fans when certain players leave certain teams in sports.
                          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

Working...
                          X