Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

The Vent Your Frustrations Thread

Obviously the OL is laughable.

BUT THE FUCKING TACKLING? Ive never seen such sloppy play on D in my life. Can we not fucking wrap up on tackles? Brown bouncing off Conner made me spit up my Kombucha all over my laptop. Id fine players 200K for shoulder shots and not form tackling. Every week its the same thing.

Every little detail about this team is sloppy.

"We didnt block very well tonight....but we made up for it by not tackling" - John McKay

And by the way....i know some of you guys want to rip me. Because i oppose members who join here simply to bash and never once show any sort of support for the team. Its tough for me because i dont know many of the new members. The original TPB guys i know. I have seem them cheer. I have seen them happy and celebratory. But its a difficult task for me to figure out who is a fan and who isnt. Who is a former fan pretending just to stir the pot. We identified a couple that just felt off. It wasnt just my decision. I discuss these things with multiple members and staff.

Im not trying to create some rose lens pollyanna shit here. Im simply trying to keep the 100 percent haters from bringing down this forum with constant threads of armageddon and impending doom. Those threads were turning into personal wars.

We are a broke team. You guys are pissed. Im pissed. Let it fly. We are getting into the season enough to start really questioning whats going on. I do the best i can here. Please dont start threads simply to bring fire and brimstone my way. It says more about your character than mine.

Bring it in...

bring it in cleveland indians GIF by MLB
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

The worse thing I can say about this team is their lack of pride and effort is making me not care. I have been a fan since the late 70’s through all those crap teams that followed in the 80’s and on with just a few highlights. Part of me just feels like if the players and coaches don’t care why should I? I would rather be raging pissed at this point honestly but I am not.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

With this oline every week from here on out is going to be three hours of stomach wrenching pure panic.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

My vents:

That whiff by Brown was utterly inexcusable.

We had a 3rd string QB starting his first game in which he attempted 20 passes and we did not get a single sack or even a QB hit on him. Why did Gus not dial up some pressure?

Clearly the offensive line is...offensive. I expected pressure up the middle with the shuffled line and we got it, but the tackles continue to flat out suck.

Two weeks in a row the team came out completely unprepared to handle the intensity of the other team. That's all on Lynn.

I thought the decision to try the FG at the end of the first half was terrible. I would have gone for it on 4th down as we desperately needed a TD. But Stewart continues to get a free pass, no matter how many games the ST screw up in.

Speaking of Lynn, the decision to onside kick was horrible. The chances are so remote on recovering it that if we had kicked deep, that 3 and out would have had them punting from their 34 instead of our 36, a 30 yard field position swing. Who knows, King might have had a decent return on it. Even if not, Rivers would not have had to just throw it up and pray with better field position.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

One thing that is not being mentioned because we are so used to it and the team's performance is dominating the discussion: The number of opposing team fans. Al Michaels said it was 80 percent Steelers' fans. I don't remember seeing a good stadium shot showing the crowd. But if that is true, I would think the NFL has to do something. The Chargers are probably going to finish this season a bottom 10 team. Who knows if Rivers will even be back next season. The Chargers are alienating what small fan base they have in LA. The NFL can't have the Chargers in the newest, swankiest venue in the league with the stands half full, and the majority of the crowd cheering the road team. I wonder if there is going to be pressure to have the Spanoses sell the team. The league has to really regret allowing Spanos to move the team to LA. It's been a disaster.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Yup. It’s all I got for this team.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Yep, that bounce off attempt of a tackle by Brown was just pathetic.

The tackling reminds me of the Niners a couple years ago which was the worst I'd ever seen.

The OL is just so bad. Tevi just isn't cutting it, Schofield was terrible today and Feeney just isn't what we thought he would be and I think Scott would be a better RT but we need a LT to do this. Could Lamp be that guy? So many holes on the OL. ..STILL!

Can't wait for Derwin to get back, but he won't be himself right away, but still better than Teamer.

The pass rush....wtf....is Bradley just that fucked up that he can't blitz more often? Got to generate some pressure. They didn't rattle the rookie 3rd stringer at all. Pathetic coaching on his part.

The team is a steaming pile right now

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Jerry Tillery has been a huge disappointment. It's beginning to look like a wasted pick. Don't want to pass judgment on Adderly yet because he can't get on the field. But so far this year's rookie class has been a nothingburger, with the exception of Tranquill perhaps.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                  The worse thing I can say about this team is their lack of pride and effort is making me not care. I have been a fan since the late 70’s through all those crap teams that followed in the 80’s and on with just a few highlights. Part of me just feels like if the players and coaches don’t care why should I? I would rather be raging pissed at this point honestly but I am not.
                  I hear you. I’ve just started turning off the tv and engaging with family. My hearts rooting for Rivers and the Chargers but I just feel like the leadership on this team gave up trying to help rivers on his run and are just letting him flounder until they find a good time to replace him.

We cant get a new OC and expect rivers to learn a new system this late in his career so at this point it’s obviously a long shot for them to win with him.

After rivers era is gone it’s going to be hard for me to put aside playing with my kids or going out with the family on beautiful autumn desert sundays to watch a team that I don’t feel has the passion I’m used to.

Ill always be be a fan but I may just tone it back some. It’s realy too bad because I felt like this was the year, and when injuries piled up I expect big moves to go for the Lombardi and the team just doesn’t seems to want to push the chips into the middle and if the team doesn’t want to do everything to win, why should I care so much?

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    One thing that is not being mentioned because we are so used to it and the team's performance is dominating the discussion: The number of opposing team fans. Al Michaels said it was 80 percent Steelers' fans. I don't remember seeing a good stadium shot showing the crowd. But if that is true, I would think the NFL has to do something. The Chargers are probably going to finish this season a bottom 10 team. Who knows if Rivers will even be back next season. The Chargers are alienating what small fan base they have in LA. The NFL can't have the Chargers in the newest, swankiest venue in the league with the stands half full, and the majority of the crowd cheering the road team. I wonder if there is going to be pressure to have the Spanoses sell the team. The league has to really regret allowing Spanos to move the team to LA. It's been a disaster.
                    The optics are horrible. It affects the Rams as well - there were 75k people at their game and at least 50k of them looked to be wearing red. You'd would have sworn both games in LA today were played in SF and Piits. The move was a disaster but I'm not sure what the league can do about it.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

The Al Michaels comments were way overdone, we got the joke the first 8 times Al. No mention of 80% 49er's fans in L.A. today either, it's amazing how the Rams get a free pass after jilting St. Louis (and Anaheim prior) but the Bolts don't get a pass with teams like the Jaguars and Cardinals having similar issues.

Everytime they went to a commercial break showing the food stands it seemed like more Charger fans than Steeler fans, perhaps it was a 67% 33% split?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Jerry Tillery has been a huge disappointment. It's beginning to look like a wasted pick. Don't want to pass judgment on Adderly yet because he can't get on the field. But so far this year's rookie class has been a nothingburger, with the exception of Tranquill perhaps.
                        We certainly aren't getting anything out of this years draft. I won't bury Tillery after 6 games, but I am disappointed at the complete lack of anything from him. I'd have hoped we'd see gradual improvement and at least an occasional flash. Tonight he had zero tackles. I would have thought he didn't even play if Collinsworth hadn't called him out on that one run.

Comment

Working...
                        X