• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Is it Taylor time?

Hear me out, Rivers is the better QB in a bubble but he is not a better QB behind this Swiss cheese oline. He’s an accurate pocket passer but he needs semi competent blocking to hit his throws.

Taylor can move and throw, he’s obviously a worse QB but he’s a better scrambler by a mile.

If now isnt isn’t the time do we have a time for Taylor to try and do what Rivers can’t do, Make chicken salad out of chicken *^%#?

legit question and I love Rivers more than most but I also don’t want him to get injured and I’m not sure behind this line he gives this team the best chance to win as sad as that sounds.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Nope. Understand the logic but unless he is hurt (and I do fear for his health), he is our QB (something Lynn reiterated tonight when asked about Taylor).

Comment

• UglyTruth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2018
      • Send PM

Eric’s feeling the heat in his mentions. Foolish move by him to tweet that Rivers has only been sacked once in the last 2 games as if to say the O line isn’t a problem.
      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
        Hear me out, Rivers is the better QB in a bubble but he is not a better QB behind this Swiss cheese oline. He’s an accurate pocket passer but he needs semi competent blocking to hit his throws.

Taylor can move and throw, he’s obviously a worse QB but he’s a better scrambler by a mile.

If now isnt isn’t the time do we have a time for Taylor to try and do what Rivers can’t do, Make chicken salad out of chicken *^%#?
        Will we have something new to complain about?

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

easily a top half of the league QB for us, and.... by some metrics a top quarter of the league QB.... bumps and lumps.... everybody goes thru 'em…. 2020 will be a Chargers' year for the memories/books.
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

I am a complete Rivers homer. However that doesn't make me blind. With this O line we need a QB that can slide out of the pocket an make plays with his feet. Period.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

or we need a GM that does better than Scott Quessenberry/Cole Toner for us @the OC, and.... Dan Feeney is not an NFL center.... (still can't believe he isn't best @RG ?)
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Will we have something new to complain about?
                Nope, it’s obvious the oline isn’t getting better so if anything we will have less to complain about because a mobile qb can hide oline inadequacies.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
                  I am a complete Rivers homer. However that doesn't make me blind. With this O line we need a QB that can slide out of the pocket an make plays with his feet. Period.
                  This is my take completely. I love rivers and want him to get a ring but this team isn’t made for an immobile pocket passer.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    or we need a GM that does better than Scott Quessenberry/Cole Toner for us @the OC, and.... Dan Feeney is not an NFL center.... (still can't believe he isn't best @RG ?)
                    Oh that’s spot on but doesn’t really change things much right now.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      easily a top half of the league QB for us, and.... by some metrics a top quarter of the league QB.... bumps and lumps.... everybody goes thru 'em…. 2020 will be a Chargers' year for the memories/books.
                      Man I hope so, I’m just thinking out loud with bolt brothers and sisters.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

legit question and I love Rivers more than most but I also don’t want him to get injured and I’m not sure behind this line he gives this team the best chance to win as sad as that sounds.
                        Agree. Behind a solid O-line, Rivers usually picks another team apart. Behind this current line, a prescription for disaster. A harrased and flustered Rivers throws up picks and makes a lot of mistakes. Give our backup a chance. The window on Tyrod is closing...

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍