• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DontEverGiveUp
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

The Season Is Not Lost...Yet

Yes, we are a terrible football team right now, and it's understandable that many are throwing in the towel and wanting to clean house.

However, this season is not over yet. The AFC has a large number of teams in the same position as us. And as crazy as it sounds, winning out (not implying that will happen) still gets us the AFC West crown. 9-7/10-6 will get into the playoffs as a wildcard.

So, how do we go from this dumpster fire to a winning team? Sure, we can talk about injuries, schemes, turnovers, Rivers, etc...but there is one simple thing that can get us back on track: effectively running the ball. We are averaging 2 yards per carry right now, and that is what is killing our offense. Is it MG, the o-line, poor play calling, poor execution, or all of the above? Whatever it is, this is what Lynn needs to fix immediately. Start getting 4-5 YPC, and our offense will start scoring again.

If Lynn can fix the running game, this team can absolutely win 7-8 games down the stretch. Will it happen? I have my doubts. But I've seen this team make similar turnarounds in the past, so I'm not counting us out.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

We are 2 games out of first with 2 games still to play against the Chiefs. Clearly if we continue playing the way we have the season will end sooner rather than later. The blow up the team, cut everyone and fire every coach and the entire front office after 6 games is pretty weak. But we have shown many times before that even with really crappy starts we tend to stabilize and improve as the season goes on.

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      We are 2 games out of first with 2 games still to play against the Chiefs. Clearly if we continue playing the way we have the season will end sooner rather than later. The blow up the team, cut everyone and fire every coach and the entire front office after 6 games is pretty weak. But we have shown many times before that even with really crappy starts we tend to stabilize and improve as the season goes on.
      As bad as things have gone, we're only 2 games out of first place with 10 games to go.

We've had plenty of 1-4 starts in the past and have gone on a run.

As far as the OP, when I look at the run game, no holes are being opened up causing Gordon to run into a pile.

So not sure how Lynn would fix that.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

As bad as things have gone, we're only 2 games out of first place with 10 games to go.

As far as the OP, when I look at the run game, no holes are being opened up causing Gordon to run into a pile.

So not sure how Lynn would fix that.
        Lynn hinted at this in his press conference: he said something to the effect that they'd simplify things for the young guys and look at the play calling.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Does this routine ever get old?

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Our margin for error is dam near ZERO to sniff playoffs, they probably can afford only one more lose and it better it come againsts and NFC opponent so best we could do is 11-5, maybe 10-6 if lucky you squeek in, but beating KC twice is a tall order especially if KC offense is clicking, I don't like our odds in a shootout game versus KC they have way more weapons and speed on offense.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

This exactly what happens on tuesday and wednesday... somehow hope arises again....

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

I agree it is frustrating but it is not time to implode, yet. We are getting people back. Look what an impact having Henry back on our team was. If we can get even an average running game (and I think that having Jackson out and Gordon back really messed with the running game) we can be good again. The one thing that has been terrible and is a cause for concern is the terrible tackling on defense. This has to get fixed ASAP or else the season is not salvageable.

All in all I agree its not time to blow up everything.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

After watching this oline the last two games I am back to not giving a fuck and have zero expectations. We’re in trouble and let’s keep in mind the Chargers usually do the exact opposite of what we are hoping for. Every. Single. Time.

As for blowing it up sounds so easy right? Our oline is horrible and the middle of our defense is once again allowing opposing teams to roam freely.

We’ve been here before see the pattern? The Chargers aren’t going to change shit.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

The whole reason Lynn was a HC candidate was because of his impressive RB coach resume, leading his teams in the league with several teams. 2 yards per carry is unacceptable and Lynn is to blame for either not coaching how to run the ball or to of given the reigns to someone else or to of forgotten how or not keeping up with the NFL. He needs to take a look in the mirror, Reid calls his own plays, time for Lynn to get his hands dirty again.

Comment

Working...
                    X