• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Damion Square the undersized DT/NT

He is really bad. Don't think so? Look at how easily the Chargers' interior defense gets moved around by opposing offenses when he is on the field. Square is number 71. Interior defense is the team's biggest weakest other than O-line. Someone has to be the weakest link. I've seen Square for many years as a Charger and I never thought he was a good DT/NT. He stinks at the position. He isn't a threat to opposing teams. When I watch what opposing teams do, I see how opponents just straight up handle him. At least Mebane is a decent run stopper. Despite how over the hill Mebane is, I don't give the honor of weakest link (on the interior defense) to him. Square isn't a threat to opponents. He's not good at run stopping or pass rushing.

Contrary to popular belief, Bradley does send blitzes or do disguises. To compensate for what his defense lacks on the D-line. He does do it. It's well known that Gus prefers not to blitz. An issue is overlooked. The kind of defense he goes for on third and longs require all of your D linemen to beat the blockers. A lot of times he prefers to rush with 3. Other times he rushes with 4. When you're rushing with four up front (The whole D-line), all of your players need to be good to be successful. The Chargers have a talent issue concerning this. As some of you know, the D-line is all about Bosa and Ingram.

Tillery has shown promise. Despite what some people think about him. He's seeing double teams. Plenty of them. He is getting respect from opposing teams. Tillery needs a DT next to him who is also a threat, and to take pressure off of him and/or help elevate his game. The Chargers need another pass rusher on the interior other than Tillery. None of Mebane or Square provide that. Justin Jones is limited as a pass rusher. He offers only a little. Jones' college scouting reports told you this.

Anyway, the team ought to consider bringing Broughton along. I think it's time to give him a shot. See what he brings to the table and what he's got. He played in the Miami Dolphins game, but it was very little playing time. He offers pass rushing and drawing double teams is one of his strengths.

Damion Square is not a good player for his position. The team keeps him around when they could use better players on the D-line. They could've kept Peace or have Lanier on the 53. But they persist on having a player like Square. I'm calling out on him because he's the most overlooked of the bad players on the team. There's a reason why Philon was able to sign with another team, and why Square didn't. He came back to the Chargers for cheap.
Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎