• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

That’s just bizarre.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Chargers usually play close but lose, neutral site, sounds about right.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

We win the games we could lose and lose the games we should win

Reverse all games (except Mia)

Lose to Indy
        Win at Det
        Win vs Hou
        Win vs Den
        Win vs Pitt
        Win at Tenn
        Lose at Chi

Could have easily happened had 1 play been different

We'd be 6-2 right now instead of 3-5 and the media would love us.

We don't ever get blown out!

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Interesting, considering this will be a guaranteed home game for the Packers.

So seems like it's basically a wash lol

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

They should be favored by 23.5

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Al Michaels just called out the Chargers fan attendance during the broadcast of the Packers/Chiefs.

He said “...and the Packers go on the road and that’s really just a formality because they take on the Chargers in Carson which I’m guessing is going to be 80% Packers fans. So it’s a road game in name only”.

I get it that the Chargers probably have the lowest amount of fans in their “home” city Los Angeles but how do these announcers not realize that more opposing fans come to games because it’s a vacation for them to visit California during the trip as well!

For example, nobody will travel to Green Bay to watch their team play against the Packers and that’s not because the Packers have so many fans there but because there’s nothing else fun to do in fucking Green Bay.

I just dont don’t understand how this simple concept is so hard to grasp for national media.

I’d like to see the NFL move the Chargers to like Idaho or something and I bet all of a sudden you won’t see many opposing fans traveling to watch their team play against the Chargers.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                Al Michaels just called out the Chargers fan attendance during the broadcast of the Packers/Chiefs.

He said “...and the Packers go on the road and that’s really just a formality because they take on the Chargers in Carson which I’m guessing is going to be 80% Packers fans. So it’s a road game in name only”.

I get it that the Chargers probably have the lowest amount of fans in their “home” city Los Angeles but how do these announcers not realize that more opposing fans come to games because it’s a vacation for them to visit California during the trip as well!

For example, nobody will travel to Green Bay to watch their team play against the Packers and that’s not because the Packers have so many fans there but because there’s nothing else fun to do in fucking Green Bay.

I just dont don’t understand how this simple concept is so hard to grasp for national media.

I’d like to see the NFL move the Chargers to like Idaho or something and I bet all of a sudden you won’t see many opposing fans traveling to watch their team play against the Chargers.
                If the Chargers moved anywhere else, no one would show up because the owners don’t know what the hell they are doing. Hard to blame Michaels for siting the obvious. There’s no fan base in LA.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

20% of 27,000 is 5,400 people. It's not the national media's fault that a city of 4 million (19 million if you include surrounding counties) can't draw more than 5,400 locals to the game.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

20% of 27,000 is 5,400 people. It's not the national media's fault that a city of 4 million (19 million if you include surrounding counties) can't draw more than 5,400 locals to the game.
                    Again, how many visiting fans would come to games if the Chargers were in a non touristy city?

And yes, the Chargers aren't welcome in LA and there's far more people who don't want the Chargers there than there are fans who want them there. I'm not arguing that.

I'm talking strictly about the point of opposing fans showing up to games. Move the team to Dickinson, North Dakota and I want to see how many opposing fans show up.
                    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I’m sure a lot of locals that show up will be Packer fans.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Again, how many visiting fans would come to games if the Chargers were in a non touristy city?

And yes, the Chargers aren't welcome in LA and there's far more people who don't want the Chargers there than there are fans who want them there. I'm not arguing that.

I'm talking strictly about the point of opposing fans showing up to games. Move the team to Dickinson, North Dakota and I want to see how many opposing fans show up.
                        Move them to Dickinson, North Dakota and I wouldn't expect more than 5,400 fans to show up total... I know a city where 55,000 home town fans showed up routinely for the last 30 years... even when the team sucked...

Comment

Working...
                        X