Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by otto_telfser View Post
    Just so you guys know, PFF released their Draft Simulator
    It's pretty fun, and much more realistic then other engines (I've run it several times and never had Burrow or Tua available at 6)

PFF’s customizable mock draft simulator gives you the opportunity to be the GM for any team in the 2024 NFL Draft. In addition to picking draft prospects, you can also offer and make trades with the simulated teams.

It also gives grades (taking positional value into account) to picks, trades, and overall Draft.

You guys should try it =]

draftsim.png draftsim2.png
    Its ok, not sure i find it that realistic. Not as easy to use as some others.

But, i think i could live with this

9yl8OVtl.jpg

Comment

• otto_telfser
      Chargers Fan from Brasil
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Its ok, not sure i find it that realistic. Not as easy to use as some others.

But, i think i could live with this

9yl8OVtl.jpg
      I'm not that deeply knowledgeable about the later rounds to say if it's realistic or not.
      But the first round seems, to me, perfectly representative of what will happen.

I really like Murray at our second pick

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by otto_telfser View Post

I'm not that deeply knowledgeable about the later rounds to say if it's realistic or not.
        But the first round seems, to me, perfectly representative of what will happen.

I really like Murray at our second pick
        Me too...doubt he will be there

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          Anthony believes he can run his offense with Tyrod Taylor. Certainly, this may be coach-speak. But Lynn has been saying this since PR left. And AL was on coaching staff at Buffalo when Tyrod got his only chance to start at QB. Also consider that the Chargers (maybe via advice of AL) took a long look at Geno Smith (2nd rounder) and Cardale Jones (4th rounder). Tyrod is a 6th rounder himself.
          GIAGANTIC assumption that Lynn (and TT) really think Taylor is the answer at QB. I do not doubt that they like Taylor, but why were we going hard after Brady if Taylor is the guy? Why does everyone even faintly covering the team operate under the assumption that Taylor is nothing more than a bridge QB? If the team was really letting on that we weren't looking at upgrading, there would be a different stance on this. Why does TT not equivocally state that Taylor is the guy going forward instead of qualifying it with a "For now"?

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Thought I would link the latest NFL mock analyst. I like Daniel Jeremiah picks and he has Jordan Love going to the packers at #30. So you can see the value disparity of picking him at #6.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I’m fine with taking Love somewhere lower than 6 but he’s a bigger project than people think.
              do we really trust our coaches to develop him?
              if Andy Reid was our headcoach then sure, Love it is, but there’s nothing to suggest we’re capable of it.

kid has very good passing skills though, quite impressive
              Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Skills like that you can’t teach. Maturity happens. If they like Love at 6 I’ll be on board.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  I’m fine with taking Love somewhere lower than 6 but he’s a bigger project than people think.
                  do we really trust our coaches to develop him?
                  if Andy Reid was our headcoach then sure, Love it is, but there’s nothing to suggest we’re capable of it.

kid has very good passing skills though, quite impressive
                  How about we just take the BPITD @6 and trade back into the 1st for the faller @QB, OT, EDGE, or Ruiz, in the later first.
                  Id be happy with Simmons + 1 of those prospects.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

GIAGANTIC assumption that Lynn (and TT) really think Taylor is the answer at QB. I do not doubt that they like Taylor, but why were we going hard after Brady if Taylor is the guy? Why does everyone even faintly covering the team operate under the assumption that Taylor is nothing more than a bridge QB? If the team was really letting on that we weren't looking at upgrading, there would be a different stance on this. Why does TT not equivocally state that Taylor is the guy going forward instead of qualifying it with a "For now"?
                    LOL! Unless you're drafting Burrows (which we ain't) Taylor WILL be the starter next year. Will he be the long-term answer...? Probably not. Obviously we will be looking for a future starter at QB. Without further ado, I present "Nutty's Favorite TPB GIGANTIC Assumption List"

#1 A 1st round QB will turn out more like Patrick Mahomes (10th pick) than Mitchell Trubisky (2nd pick).
                    #2 A 1st round QB (Rivers) will take you to the SB, while a 2nd round QB (Brees) has no chance.
                    #3. Tua will magically become durable in the NFL and Herbert will become the next Dan Fouts rather than the next Marcus Mariota, Joey Harrington, or Akili Smith.
                    #4. The Chargers pursued Tom Brady because they saw him as a long-term solution and were enamored with last year's QB rating and arm strength.
                    #5. A 1st round OT won't impact a team like other positions (QB, LB, CB, WR). Even though 3 out of the 4 starting OT's for SB contestants were 1st round OT's...
                    #6. Trey Pipkins is the answer @LT. I trust him to protect the franchise. Even though he was part of a rotation that allowed 88 pressures (31st in the NLF)...
                    #7. Trey Pipkins is the run-blocking monster Anthony Lynn envisions when building his run-1st offense.
                    #8. Isaiah Simmons will stop being a speed bump for OG's in the run game.
                    #9. Our defense was the problem last year. Getting Derwin James back will improve our record. Even though we went 1-4 with him back last year...
                    #10. Philip Rivers and Melvin Gordon caused our team to take a nose dive from 12-4 to 5-11. The loss of Okung/Pouncey was an anomaly...

Welp, that about does it. My top-10 favorite GIGANTIC assumption favorites from last week. I humbly ask my fellow TPB members to refrain from making any of the following GIGANTIC assumptions... Happy posting!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

LOL! Unless you're drafting Burrows (which we ain't) Taylor WILL be the starter next year. Will he be the long-term answer...? Probably not. Obviously we will be looking for a future starter at QB. Without further ado, I present "Nutty's Favorite TPB GIGANTIC Assumption List"

#1 A 1st round QB will turn out more like Patrick Mahomes (10th pick) than Mitchell Trubisky (2nd pick). Tua @ #6. Tyrod take a seat, Lefty's ready.
                      #2 A 1st round QB (Rivers) will take you to the SB, while a 2nd round QB (Brees) has no chance. Again, it's Tua @ #6 err Simmons @ #6.
                      #3. Tua will magically become durable in the NFL and Herbert will become the next Dan Fouts rather than the next Marcus Mariota, Joey Harrington, or Akili Smith. You are correct Sir.
                      #4. The Chargers pursued Tom Brady because they saw him as a long-term solution and were enamored with last year's QB rating and arm strength. LAC had no interest in TB12. TT, with his excellent intel, knew TB was the destination. It was all "Fight for LA" optics. and PR.
                      #5. A 1st round OT won't impact a team like other positions (QB, LB, CB, WR). Even though 3 out of the 4 starting OT's for SB contestants were 1st round OT's...You left out the best one, Mitchell Schwartz. 2012 NFL Draft pick #37 UFA KC from CLE.
                      #6. Trey Pipkins is the answer @LT. I trust him to protect the franchise. Even though he was part of a rotation that allowed 88 pressures (31st in the NLF)...​​​​​​​Okung's sudden, unexpected heart issue caused Pipkins to get thrown out there out of necessity.
                      #7. Trey Pipkins is the run-blocking monster Anthony Lynn envisions when building his run-1st offense. Bryan Bulaga Iowa & Tevi will start, and Trey will develop better core strength.
                      #8. Isaiah Simmons will stop being a speed bump for OG's in the run game. Arm length, technique, athleticism will in part help make Isaiah a great MIKE/NLB vs run and pass.
                      #9. Our defense was the problem last year. Getting Derwin James back will improve our record. Even though we went 1-4 with him back last year...Tillery's shoulder was the big problem.
                      #10. Philip Rivers and Melvin Gordon caused our team to take a nose dive from 12-4 to 5-11. The loss of Okung/Pouncey was an anomaly...Yes...and Pouncey's back.

Welp, that about does it. My top-10 favorite GIGANTIC assumption favorites from last week. I humbly ask my fellow TPB members to refrain from making any of the following GIGANTIC assumptions... Happy posting!
                      You seein' this shit ?
                      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                      Ben Herbert

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They went after Brady to put seats in the stands, it had nothing to do with Taylor. You need more lessons about reading the tea leafs.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

#beachcomberherbaladvisor
                          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                          Ben Herbert

Comment

Working...
                          X