• Show
Clear All
  • FarAwayBoltFan
    San Diego Native
    • Feb 2019
    • Farmington, NM
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ugh...that's an ugly list of second and third-rate QB's and busts...and don't forget Cleo Lemon and Moses Moreno, who briefly replaced Leaf...
    The post-Fouts, pre-Humphries period was painful to live through and gave us the aforementioned list of has-beens and never-weres. Seeing Mark "Short-Hop" Malone's name on a list caused me to cringe like it was 1988 all over again. At least the post gave me the opportunity to remember rooting for the delightfully named Babe Laufenberg.

Let's hope the post-Rivers period is more fun than post-Fouts.
    Last edited by FarAwayBoltFan; 01-21-2020, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

he is a very good running QB like that bust Allen in buffalo..... hebert is like Allen..... he can run and throw to his first read but is inaccurate on all others throws.......
      running QB's dont last long in NFL and cant win when it counts in playoffs,..... notice that Jackson and Allen are 0-for in playoffs.....
      Herbert is nothing like Allen as a QB. Hebert's passing numbers are far superior to anything Allen ever did (better completion percentage, better average per attempt, far more TDs per year, far fewer interceptions per year). Allen also ran more than Herbert did. Really bad comparison.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

I think Herbert is their guy, if there. I’m ok with trying that route, he’s got some tools to work with. Will need some development time ...
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Brock Bowers N.M.W.
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          I think Herbert is their guy, if there. I’m ok with trying that route, he’s got some tools to work with. Will need some development time ...
          I wouldn't be shocked by this...just disappointed. Not by the pick itself...I think Herbert has the potential...but by the fact that we had to spend #6...you would hope in such a scenario, we could trade back some...

But if they fall in love with the guy, probably best to not get cute, and just make the pick. But we'll see..
          The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I wouldn't be shocked by this...just disappointed. Not by the pick itself...I think Herbert has the potential...but by the fact that we had to spend #6...you would hope in such a scenario, we could trade back some...

But if they fall in love with the guy, probably best to not get cute, and just make the pick. But we'll see..
            That would be the ideal situation I also don't feel like Herbert is the 6th best pick in the draft, but it will all depend on 5 teams after us do with their current QB situation

7. Panthers - Do they roll with Cam Newton and continue to develope Kyle Allen or go After Rivers
            9. Jaguars -Do they draft a QB or roll with Nick Foles
            12. Raiders- are they looking for a QB and moving away from Carr
            13. Colts- Do they upgrade from Brissett or go after Rivers
            14. Buccaners -They would be looking at QB or go After Rivers

I think only if Panthers and Jaguars are set with their QB situation then you might trade back with one of these teams that don't need a QB in and draft Herbert in one of thoss slots and gain a pick.

8. Cardinals
            10.Browns
            11. Jets

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

That would be the ideal situation I also don't feel like Herbert is the 6th best pick in the draft, but it will all depend on 5 teams after us do with their current QB situation

7. Panthers - Do they roll with Cam Newton and continue to develope Kyle Allen or go After Rivers

I think only if Panthers and Jaguars are set with their QB situation then you might trade back with one of these teams that don't need a QB in and draft Herbert in one of thoss slots and gain a pick.

8. Cardinals
              10.Browns
              11. Jets

Trading from 6 to 8 will net what - a 5th? I’d just take Herbert and be done with it. He’ll be on rookie salary while caps are moving up to accommodate the 35M QB roster spot, just sign some FAs and move forward. Its the only roster spot on the team where a rookie can save the team $25+M per year for 4 years (assuming you resign before the 5th option year). Thats two all-pros, potentially.

of course, if he’s an instant pro bowler, you’ll have to extend/resign sooner. What are the bets on how long Mahomes will accept playing as Top 3 QB for rookie scratch? I’m betting he gets his big deal before next season and it could approach 40 large per.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

8. Cardinals
                10.Browns
                11. Jets

I think Chucky would want a Vet. QB and I'd guess they at least try to throw money at Brady... maybe they take a QB later than rd 1.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I think Rivers and Chuckie would make a cute couple...
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    I think Rivers and Chuckie would make a cute couple...
                    but can you see Rivers in Sin City?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

If the Chargers really do feel Herbert is their guy, they almost have to draft him at six just because so many teams behind them could also use a QB.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        If the Chargers really do feel Herbert is their guy, they almost have to draft him at six just because so many teams behind them could also use a QB.
                        That's true for whoever they like the most regardless of position - if he's there you take him.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I just think Herbert is a bad pick in the first round but it isn't my money.
                          Just a very frustrated Charger fan who wants 1 damn super bowl win in my lifetime.
                          Don't think Herbert is the guy to do that. Don't care how smart he is in biology.
                          Dan Marino got a 13 on his wonderlick!
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                          181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                          225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

Working...
                          X