is to get smoking hot on offense.

Use our weapons !
      Any way we can !
      KA. EK. JJ. MW. HH...

Increase scoring offense.
      No more Red Zone inadequacies.

It's really that simple.

On defense...sacks...lots of sacks.
      Yep. Need more points. Every single week. Averaging under 20 won’t get it done.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Use our weapons !
        Any way we can !
        KA. EK. JJ. MW. HH...
        They've been doing that. It just isn't enough. The team needs guys other than the usual suspects to come on. Which is why the offense has been stale.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          But the bottom line is that what we are seeing in SF is exactly what i wanted when we hired Lynn. We are a couple trench guys away from having the pieces. A dominating OG and OT would help. Continue to build the DL. Not worry about skill guys right now. Control the lines....control the game.
          hoping this is the anthem for our next offseason....

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

They've been doing that. It just isn't enough. The team needs guys other than the usual suspects to come on. Which is why the offense has been stale.
            Ekeler ???
            You don't know ball

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Fire his ass.
              Gimme a Kyle Shanahan disciple.
              LOL...He's not old enough to have any disciples yet.
              sigpic

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Look at how Whiz approached the press conferences.
                • He had no prepared statement (unlike Gus)
                • Seems complacent
                • Low energy in contrast to Shane
                • Happy with business as usual
                • Stale as old farts
                At least that's how it appeared.

A good interview does not make a good coach, but the move is making more sense to me now.
                Last edited by PMR9FAN; 11-01-2019, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

LOL...He's not old enough to have any disciples yet.
                  I don't care if it's a six year old.
                  Gimme a clone of Kyle.

:thumbsup:
                  You don't know ball

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Im not on the McDaniels train...but he did have to work with Orton and Tebow. Shocked he wasnt more successful with those 2.

And all joking aside id like to think after 10 more years in the league around good coaching....coaches can evolve. Like players do.

I still think the future for us after Rivers will be some sort of version of a mobile QB. A pass first type that can run and make plays. Run the spread and RPOs. Its just mirroring college and trends like this are often set there. Many used to tell me the bellcow runner was done. I stated that Gurley and Gordon would change that. Then you had Zeke and Barkley. McCaffrey. We see more full time RBs in college than ever and i think the trend will still carry over to the pros with high attempt RBs and QBs that can make plays on the run.

And with that it makes sense to have a coach that is offensive minded like that. Thats why i wanted Shannahan so bad. I just like how he utilizes his run game and uses his QB to manage things. If Jimmy could run more im sure that offense would be even better. They dont have much at WR. They play suffocating D....run the ball with multiple backs and use their TEs and intermediate passing game. Tons of misdirection and movement. Down the road i think a guy like Eric Bienemy will get some looks at HC. Hes pretty innovative and has picked up quite a bit from Reid.

They are 2nd in the league in time of possession. Obviously the D helps with that. But they are also averaging 181 yards rushing a game. 2nd in the league. This would have been best for Rivers imo. This type of offense.

While i think steichen will want to air it out....that will be a game flow thing and our D willl likely force us to have to do that. But its possible with his background that we may see a lot more use of our TEs and RBs. And i think thats best for Rivers. It allows him to be more efficient while throwing less. And we can eat clock. In theory at least. The OL makes it hard to do these things.

But the bottom line is that what we are seeing in SF is exactly what i wanted when we hired Lynn. We are a couple trench guys away from having the pieces. A dominating OG and OT would help. Continue to build the DL. Not worry about skill guys right now. Control the lines....control the game.
                    Funny thing is Shane sorta looks like Shanahan. Hopefully he can be as good in the future

Comment

• Chargerville
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Im not on the McDaniels train...but he did have to work with Orton and Tebow. Shocked he wasnt more successful with those 2.

And all joking aside id like to think after 10 more years in the league around good coaching....coaches can evolve. Like players do.

I still think the future for us after Rivers will be some sort of version of a mobile QB. A pass first type that can run and make plays. Run the spread and RPOs. Its just mirroring college and trends like this are often set there. Many used to tell me the bellcow runner was done. I stated that Gurley and Gordon would change that. Then you had Zeke and Barkley. McCaffrey. We see more full time RBs in college than ever and i think the trend will still carry over to the pros with high attempt RBs and QBs that can make plays on the run.

And with that it makes sense to have a coach that is offensive minded like that. Thats why i wanted Shannahan so bad. I just like how he utilizes his run game and uses his QB to manage things. If Jimmy could run more im sure that offense would be even better. They dont have much at WR. They play suffocating D....run the ball with multiple backs and use their TEs and intermediate passing game. Tons of misdirection and movement. Down the road i think a guy like Eric Bienemy will get some looks at HC. Hes pretty innovative and has picked up quite a bit from Reid.

They are 2nd in the league in time of possession. Obviously the D helps with that. But they are also averaging 181 yards rushing a game. 2nd in the league. This would have been best for Rivers imo. This type of offense.

While i think steichen will want to air it out....that will be a game flow thing and our D willl likely force us to have to do that. But its possible with his background that we may see a lot more use of our TEs and RBs. And i think thats best for Rivers. It allows him to be more efficient while throwing less. And we can eat clock. In theory at least. The OL makes it hard to do these things.

Yep!

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

I don't care if it's a six year old.
                        Gimme a clone of Kyle.

:thumbsup:
                        let's play modern offensive football, yeah?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

let's play modern offensive football, yeah?
                          Absolutely.
                          Kyle dialed up a winning formula vs NE @ SB.
                          I am sure you remember.
                          You don't know ball

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞