Who Takes The Credit For Our Offense Today?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RollingThunder
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Who Takes The Credit For Our Offense Today?

Our O looked good and well balanced out there today. Something obviously changed in this game against a very good team and D. Who do you credit? Was it the new OC, Okung coming back, Rivers, Lynn setting an example, The D stepping up, something else?

I say it starts with the play calling and tempo. When the other side isn't able to read what you are going to do or when you're going to snap the ball, it makes a hell of a difference and we saw that today.

Let's hear your thoughts.
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Run blocking was noticeably better. Holes got bigger as the game wore on. Without that the offense starts to get predictable, Rivers gets frustrated, and everything snowballs. So I think it all starts up front.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

I think the players just played smart for a change. Maybe things were simplified for them enough.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• bolthead123
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • San Diego
        • I work in IT.
        • Send PM

I think the coaching staff went back to basics and quit over-thinking everything.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Running game stretched the D sideline to sideline. Passing game went short and deep. And It was hard to predict the plays. Just a well called, well executed game.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

One thing mentioned on twitter, that I thought helped, and has been something that bothered me.

Plays got in a lot faster. Phillip got to the line earlier, and had more time to read the defense.

Shoot, there were several times we snapped the ball with the play clock at or around 10 seconds. That never happened with Whiz.

(I honestly didn't know if that was a Rivers issue or what)

I'm not laying the blame totally on Whiz for that, either. It could be that this was a focus of the staff in general, after the change, though.

But it helped.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

For the past couple of years it looked like it was frequently taking a lot of time for them to get the play in or get set, but today they seemed to have more time.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                One thing mentioned on twitter, that I thought helped, and has been something that bothered me.

Plays got in a lot faster. Phillip got to the line earlier, and had more time to read the defense.

Shoot, there were several times we snapped the ball with the play clock at or around 10 seconds. That never happened with Whiz.

(I honestly didn't know if that was a Rivers issue or what)

I'm not laying the blame totally on Whiz for that, either. It could be that this was a focus of the staff in general, after the change, though.

But it helped.
                ok, I'm not the only one.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I loved the uptempo game too.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

OL played well today, outside the two coverage sacks in the redzone. However I put this win on the D, you don't hold a heathy Rodgers led team to under 100 yds in three quarters.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      OL played well today, outside the two coverage sacks in the redzone. However I put this win on the D, you don't hold a heathy Rodgers led team to under 100 yds in three quarters.
                      Sure I agree that's part of it but doesn't this work both ways? Even though we weren't great in the redzone, we kept having long, sustained drives that allowed our D to remain rested. I mean did we even have a single 3 and out on offense?

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Sure I agree that's part of it but doesn't this work both ways? Even though we weren't great in the endzone, we kept having long, sustained drives that allowed our D to remain rested. I mean did we even have a single 3 and out on offense?
                        We basically did to Green Bay what the Colts and Chiefs did to the Chiefs. It was basically Marty Ball in its purest form. Control TOP, minimize mistakes, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X