• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Trying to destroy the overseas market before it gets established?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Isnt this a Rams Beat writer?
      The writer was the key a-hole that pushed the idea that the Chargers could thrive in LA, more so than Fred Roggen.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

I don't see this happening. How much TV revenue would they get in London? US based teams get tons of revenue from US viewership. NFL TV viewership is still a novelty there. The time difference stinks too as far as revenue from US viewership helping out. It would require the NFL to subsidize something like that.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• assman3000
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

What is the point of this waste of time bs speculation?

Seriously, does anyone know why they would start talking this crap right now?
            The NFL failed the Chargers big time, how can they not see their incompetent butt head ideas all suck.
            That 80,000,00000 NFL fan base in the UK is not a team specific fan base.. They are just football fans of any team out to watch an exhibition game and have fun. The same ratio of Charger fans here is the same over there..
            Give us a break man.

Why not start UKFL. The winner of that plays the winner of AFC, NFC and CFL. An international competition like most non American sports. When UKFL fails.. then you know there's not really that many damn NFL fans there..

/rant

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Isnt this a Rams Beat writer?
              Sure sounds like a Rams reporter with flat out lies like this ... A large portion of the fanbase stuck with them during their 21 years in St. Louis ... sure they did ... I live in L.A. and have yet to see one person wearing Rams gear out in public (other than when I went to the Coliseum)

I am not going to let this go, it makes me irate ...

yes the Chargers don't have a lot of fans in L.A. ...

yes they burnt their S.D. fan base ...

yes they get their stadium taken over ...

but I say the Rams are in a worse position and the media should be saying they should be the ones to go to London ...

here is my reasoning ...

the Rams don't have a lot of fans in L.A. ...

the Rams burnt 3 cities worth of fan bases (imagine the Lakers moving to Anaheim leaving the Clippers all alone in the Staples Center, Laker fans would be irate, that is what the Rams did moving to Anaheim leaving L.A. a Raiders only town), then they irked Anaheim fans (and any remaining L.A. Ram fans) by moving to St. Louis for over 20 years! Then they burnt bridges with St. Louis Rams fans by moving back to L.A. after being gone for nearly 40 years (yeah L.A. is a Rams town, that's why there's a Raiders store at Universal City Walk and not a Rams store) ...

the Rams get their stadium taken over ... Saints fans have done it, Eagles fans have done it, Packers fans have done it, 49ers fans have done it, Cowboys fans have done it, and the most humilating one of them all is the Chargers fans have done it. They haven't even hosted the Raiders yet, the Raiders fans will own that place at least a 67/33 split, same with Steelers fans.

Another thing, the Chargers have more Twitter and Facebook followers than the Rams have, by a lot. I'd wager the Chargers have more nationwide/worldwide fans than the Rams (and Jaguars, Titans, Panthers, Bengals, Cardinals, perhaps as many as the Lions, Ravens, Texans, Falcons). This to me says a lot, more people follow the Chargers online than the Rams why is that? Why is there this media narrative about the Chargers every 9 stories and the Rams only 1 story out of 10 stories? Kroenke pushing for that?

As a L.A. resident I love that I don't have to drive as far to S.D. anymore to catch the game in person (although I love watching it on tv anyways, saves a lot of dough), but the crowds are even worse in L.A. I wish they stayed in S.D. and the NFL gave L.A. to the Rams to where the media would only make fun of them until the Raiders move to Vegas and have the same problems.
              Last edited by ChargingBolts; 11-05-2019, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Brady signs with the Chargers and they all move to London and buy castles. Some drive on the wrong side, ending up on IR.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

This article is dumb and is not news.

IF Spanos is approached he MIGHT be interested is all it is basically saying....it’s an article written about pure speculation.

nothing to spend a minute of time worrying about at this point.

Vinny is well known as a tool, he used to suck off Fabianis tit and regurgitate what he was told as his sources for news. Sounds like he talked to one NFL dude who was like yeah their is some concern in LA and some people might like it if they moved to London.....:I know I’ll publish a lame click bait fake news piece.
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                    Brady signs with the Chargers and they all move to London and buy castles. Some drive on the wrong side, ending up on IR.
                    so crazy, but as a Charger fan we know its never impossible

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Chargers to London has obviously been on the table
                      ever since San Diego unfortunately became unviable.

The contract with Kroenke and the NFL ? LOL... things change.
                      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                      Ben Herbert

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

London Chargers? UK Chargers? Great Britain Chargers? England Chargers? Re-brand entirely?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Lol, as dumb as that is for the Chargers imo any team in London is a terrible idea, but it sure as hell won't be the Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                          X