• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
    What is the advantage of having James play? I think we need to evaluate players at this point, is there anybody worthy of the back up position at SS or FS that is what we need to find out, we know what James can do..Even though Jenkins leads the team in INT's I feel he can be replaced as a starter if freakin Adderly can stay healthy. Player evaulation is all these last 5 games are about.
    Using this logic, the entire staring lineup should be benched and all of our backups given starts.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Using this logic, the entire staring lineup should be benched and all of our backups given starts.
      Lynn wanted to make sure his veterans were rested for the playoffs so he didn't play many of them during pre-season. Oh, they will be plenty rested for sure

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I think I only mention the SS and FS positon and you went ill-logical saying the entire staring lineup should be benched and all of our backups given starts.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

I think I only mention the SS and FS positon and you went ill-logical saying the entire staring lineup should be benched and all of our backups given starts.
          Not seeing the difference between resting James to evaluate backups vs resting all starters to evaluate backups. Why not rest Bosa? And Henry? And Hayward? And everyone other starter for evaluation? Is the safety position somehow harder to gauge? Since James has already missed 11 games, we have a pretty good idea how the backups look anyway.

The team won't rest him and shouldn't if he is ready to play.

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Not seeing the difference between resting James to evaluate backups vs resting all starters to evaluate backups. Why not rest Bosa? And Henry? And Hayward? And everyone other starter for evaluation? Is the safety position somehow harder to gauge? Since James has already missed 11 games, we have a pretty good idea how the backups look anyway.

The team won't rest him and shouldn't if he is ready to play.
            Agreed. This is also a good opportunity to see what our starting defense could potentially look like against starter level competition for next season as well.

Time to start building towards next season. Winning games to end the season would also be good for morale IMO. Did wonders for SF going into this year as well.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Comment

• SDBORN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Nice Lynn. Keeping it real.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

He is right, we still have a chance. Imagine if we'd tank the 2008 season when we were 4-8, that's not a team that I would want, I want them to fight till the end, like in every game. So yeah, until mathematics say otherwise I'm 100 % with the team right now. (Fuck! I'm gonna have to tune in again in 2 weeks...)

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Derwin James says he’s “real close” to a return

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 20, 2019, 11:46 AM EST

Getty Images

The Chargers aren’t giving up on the season despite being 4-7, and one of their top players said he’s getting closer to coming back to help the effort.

Safety Derwin James told NFL Network he was “real close” to returning from the stress fracture in his foot that landed him on IR. He had surgery in August, and the Chargers have pointed to a Dec. 1 return, for their Week 13 game against the Broncos.

“I’m feeling well, feeling better, getting better every day,” James said. “Just taking it day-by-day. It’s real close, real soon. I can say that. So just taking it day-by-day. Working hard to get back out there.”

Asked if he’d be back on the field against the Broncos, he replied: “Stay tuned.”

Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said injured players such as James would return when healthy, regardless of record, saying: “We’re not tanking, guys.”

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Sunday. He's back.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                        ~ Charger Fan ~
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Jupiter, FL
                        • Send PM