• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

IMO, Rivers is clearly being rattled by the bad oline and has made some bad passes this year because of it. He is also near the end age-wise by his own admission. Depending on how he looks the rest of the year, he may retire/walk or be back for a year or two at most. We need a replacement. Who knows what Stick can do, but the preseason showed he isn't faintly close to being ready. Maybe a year sitting and another camp lets him take the next step. Taylor is a backup on his 4th team for a reason and is a nice backup but if this team goes into next season with him as QB, we have no hope. None of the FA QBs excite me so I think we need to draft one.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, we can look at still pics of every team and find open recievers they didn't throw to. When you are under pressure, you don't have time to look at 4 progressions. Maxx Crosby bad 7 pressures alone against Scott.

However,on that last drive, be made some bad decisions when all we needed was yards to get in FG range with 3 TO's. I was just stunned.
      Exactly.
      If PR likes what he sees in early parts of the progressions, he will go to that receiver.
      Crosby was a great pick.
      Phil made inexplicable decisions during the last drive.
      All three TOs !
      Two point lead !!
      Stunning !!!
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Exactly.
        If PR likes what he sees in early parts of the progressions, he will go to that receiver.
        Crosby was a great pick.
        All three TOs !
        Two point lead !!
        Stunning !!!
        I liked Crosby. Had mocked him to us in the 5th but they drafted him in the 4th.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• AFCWEST
          Registered Chiefs Fan
          • Dec 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Game on the line Rivers looked pretty good here. I would also worry about Reid and your own coaching problems. Dude is Marty 2.0 great in the regular season and shits his pants in the play offs.

Oh and wait for another year or two when Myhommie is not on his rookie deal and you have to cut half your team to sign him. Good luck with that.

Ok. Bit of a hostile response. Its understandable under the current situation. Yes I will enjoy all of those years. Thank you. Chiefs vs Chargers is a great rivalry. I have been an AFC West guy for 50 years. Chargers had some fantastic runs. Looking forward to the future rivalry.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Rivers!

:idby:

I can't really buy his disappointment in how he played.

It's just talk at this point. Talk is cheap.

Late in Lions game, he threw deep from a clean pocket into coverage and it ended the game.

He is a veteran. The situational decision was poor.

Again, late game and his situational decisions was poor vs Raiders.

His history of late game decisions shows he sometimes lacks a extra level of poise. He gets brainlock or something.

So its hard to believe his disappointment will translate into improved and reliable late game poise.....as the Lions end game decision should have highlighted the importance of staying aware and playing smart situational football.

I don't blame Lynn for not calling a timeout and talking to Rivers about his decisions. I think he has confidence in Rivers and probably thought Philip would get to his underneath throw and move the chains and the timeouts were important to have.

And then Rivers just stayed stuck in his brainlock.
            Almost like a gambler chasing his lost money.
            Hit me. Bust. Ok im doubling down. Hit me. Bust.
            Ok. Im tripling down. Bust. Ok I'm quadrupling down, oh geez thats not good. .....oh Yes. The dealer busted too, im back even. (Raider penalty resets to 1st down)
            Dealer showing a 6. You don't have to hit and you shouldnt hit there. Just make the smart play.
            Rivers thinks Right, but I'm at 15.

Wait! Havent you played this game before.
            Thats too aggressive. What are you doing?

Hit me. Bust. Shoot. Almost had that one. Lets go.
            Hit me. Bust. Shoot. Hit me. Bust. Shoot. Okay..last one...come on ...one time. Hit me. Bust.! Game over.
            Aww shucks. Golly gee. I thought id get a least one hit to go my way.
            I'm disappointed.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Brock Bowers N.M.W.
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              Rivers!

Late in Lions game, he threw deep from a clean pocket into coverage and it ended the game.

His history of late game decisions shows he sometimes lacks a extra level of poise. He gets brainlock or something.

So its hard to believe his disappointment will translate into improved and reliable late game poise.....as the Lions end game decision should have highlighted the importance of staying aware and playing smart situational football.

I don't blame Lynn for not calling a timeout and talking to Rivers about his decisions. I think he has confidence in Rivers and probably thought Philip would get to his underneath throw and move the chains and the timeouts were important to have.

Ok. Im tripling down. Bust. Ok I'm quadrupling down, oh geez thats not good. .....oh Yes. The dealer busted too, im back even. (Raider penalty resets to 1st down)
              Dealer showing a 6. You don't have to hit and you shouldnt hit there. Just make the smart play.

Hit me. Bust. Shoot. Hit me. Bust. Shoot. Okay..last one...come on ...one time. Hit me. Bust.! Game over.
              I'm disappointed.

LOL...this is actually pretty spot on at times with ol' Phil...but he is still my guy. Never too old to learn...I'm keeping the faith in him. Right to the blessed(bitter?) end.
              The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Exactly.
                Crosby was a great pick.
                All three TOs !
                Two point lead !!
                Stunning !!!
                Wood, and add to all of the above that PI penalty to extend that final drive and give Rivers even MORE chances to throw long incompletes! Even more stunning...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I liked Crosby. Had mocked him to us in the 5th but they drafted him in the 4th.
                  Good call. Two X's in Max.
                  Oh I hate that name...Max Tuerk on my shit list.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    Rivers!

I'm disappointed.
                    U hit the nail on the head, Critty. It's like Rivers has a long pass, "hero ball" addiction in crunch time. He seems to have this weird idea that the ONLY way to win the game is for HIM to sling the rock long, frequently forcing it into coverage, in the vain hope that it's the ONLY way to win. Well, it's NOT the only way to win. In fact, it's a desperation tactic only. All those "Hail Mary" passes are very poor percentage plays. There's usually double coverage on those long routes, but on the other hand, teams playing some form of "prevent D" usually leave more room in the flats. And this is what we should have been doing--hitting the short man underneath, with a good chance of some decent YAC. But no--stubborn Phil keeps going to the long bomb well time and time again--resulting in repeated incompletes and picks. Just like your Riverboat Gambler with the repeated "hit me--bust" time and time again. Just call him "Riverboat" Rivers--the Gamblin' Gunslinger who shoots passes from the hip and misses--time and time again in crunch time--when the chips are down.
                    Last edited by Topcat; 11-09-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post

Ok. Bit of a hostile response. Its understandable under the current situation. Yes I will enjoy all of those years. Thank you. Chiefs vs Chargers is a great rivalry. I have been an AFC West guy for 50 years. Chargers had some fantastic runs. Looking forward to the future rivalry.
                      You came here and bashed our QB and coach what did you expect?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post

The truth hurts sometimes.
                        Will the Chiefs be able to manage the cap issues ?
                        That is a legitimate question.
                        I personally would not disparage Patrick Mahomes, however...or Big Red's abilities.
                        Reid and Mahomes work very well together.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Good call. Two X's in Max.
                          Oh I hate that name...Max Tuerk on my shit list.
                          We should have picked him in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. He’s better than any of those Charger picks

Comment

Working...
                          X