• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

He played like chit with horrible pass protection and still gave us the lead with 3:57 left in the game.

Comment

• El_Tee
      I’m No Noob
      • Sep 2019
      • Disney World, FL
      • Send PM

I think let him finish the season and “thank you”.

Imagine showing a GM that last series and he’d say “That’s Eli”.

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

Cant believe we were chucking it down the field with 3 time outs. Been saying that we need a QB that can do more with less. We will never have a Cowboy type O-line with TT here so we must move on from Rivers. Only thing that sucks is if we throw a rookie QB in there he will get murdered.

Maybe get Cam Newton and change the offense and at least have some star power going into the new stadium.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

QUESTION:

Rivers did not do a post-game press conference after the Raiders loss ... does that mean Lynn has him on notice that he may no longer be one of the faces of the franchise, i.e., benched?

Am I reading to much into this ... ?

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
            Wow, what overreactions. We've seen this for YEARS. Rivers went Rivers. To act like he's "lost it" is ridiculous. He's done this over and over. In 2012 (I believe) he did it like 5 or 6 times.

This is what he's always been. This was not an anomaly.

And the O-line is expectedly bad, but cripes, look at who's out there.

New OC, same results.
            We’ll put you in the “never had it” category

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Rivers had a terrible night but c'mon - you can't blame him for Henry falling down on the pick 6 and on one of the "bailed out" interceptions, the DB was mugging Allen and not looking and the ball bounced up into the air and was picked. That would not have been an interception without the pass interference. Neither of those were Rivers fault. Now the other 3...
              he also had a fumble. Checked all the boxes last night

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Tom has to do his homework, spend money and draft OL and quality depth in all positions..... these are the missing ingredients for this team to win.

And do something about injuries... bring a consultant.. do something for christ's sake.

Comment

• bartman83642
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

At this point benching Rivers won't gain us anything and won't lose us anything so no real point in it at this time. Let him finish out the season as a starter and figure out where to go at the end of the season. That being said if we somehow manage to get way ahead in a game or are completely out of one in the 4th I wouldn't mind seeing either Taylor or Stick getting some playing time. Taylor is pretty much a known asset but if he gets some visible playing time it puts him out there in peoples minds for possible trades if we decide to go a different direction. I wouldn't expect much out of Stick at this point if he got playing time but even a small bit of reg. season experience would be helpful for him.

Comment

• El_Tee
                    I’m No Noob
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Disney World, FL
                    • Send PM

This is some context for the apologists:

ACE89395-4228-4CD2-9D6E-3C8F1BB16A6E.jpeg

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Under normal circumstances maybe. But Rivers was sacked 5 times tonight. When the OL can't protect a QB, it stands to reason a more mobile QB will have more success. Taylor is not just more mobile, he is like a RB. His rushing yardage and rushing TDs scored while he was a starter is notable.
                      Its not just a bad line. Last night none of the receivers were getting open, its like they were moving in slow motion and that made Rivers hold onto the ball longer with our trash O line. Just terrible.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                        This is some context for the apologists:

ACE89395-4228-4CD2-9D6E-3C8F1BB16A6E.jpeg
                        We’ve made history this season. We had the historically bad 4 game stretch running the ball and now this.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
                          Wow, what overreactions. We've seen this for YEARS. Rivers went Rivers. To act like he's "lost it" is ridiculous. He's done this over and over. In 2012 (I believe) he did it like 5 or 6 times.

This is what he's always been. This was not an anomaly.

And the O-line is expectedly bad, but cripes, look at who's out there.

New OC, same results.
                          This is true but come on the receivers did not do their jobs last night either. No separation at all, meandering in and out of their breaks. I was ready to throw my remote at the TV if I had to watch Patton skipping and high stepping in his route on a couple of long throws that he should have been flat out running on. Very poor day for the O. Everyone deserves blame. Terrible line play, bad QB play and Receivers going through their routes like it was a walk through practice. The only thing that went well was the running game for the first half, then the team crapped their collective pants with that as well in the second half.

Comment

Working...
                          X