• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty

LT answered the question a couple times.

He said he believed they would have won it in 2006 if Brees was QB. He said Philip had not played enough (experienced) to get it done. He said it should have been Drews team and a lot of his teammates felt the same way. He said Drew was never going to relinquish the job.

He was asked you would of won a Superbowl if.... And he said if the Chargers had kept Marty. He felt they were primed and ready to go. All they had to do was keep the team together.

He believe that Brees, Marty and himself would have got it done if the FO kept them together. Well...the GM John Butler may have...but he passed away. AJ did things a little differently.

This is the 2006 league MVP saying that is how he felt. A leader in the lockerroom. He also said Rivers seems distracted sometimes. And that its hard to be the guy who leads the team. And in Norv 1st year in the 2007 season when the team started 1-3. LT rallied the team with a players meeting. Basically saying Marty ain't coming back and were too good to be 1-3. Lets go! It wasn't the QB Rivers leading a team meeting, it was LT. Chargers haven't won the AFC West at all since LT left. Maybe LT was right.
    I've said it before, PR and Gatesy expressed relief when LT left. They implied that he was too high strung and that the locker room was a very tense place with him.

It was then that Uncle Norvell finally implemented the country club environment that soon became the team trademark.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Brees and LT had synergy.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I've said it before, PR and Gatesy expressed relief when LT left. They implied that he was too high strung and that the locker room was a very tense place with him.

It was then that Uncle Norvell finally implemented the country club environment that soon became the team trademark.
        I am not feeling so damn lucky about this, pbb.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I think Marty wanted to keep Brees.
          LT said Brees was never going to relinquish the job.
          Before or after the injury?

I don't remember Marty saying anything after the injury. He seemed to want Brees over Rivers before the injury - that's why
          he wasn't going to play Rivers the final game of 2005. He didn't want to give AJ any ideas.

That 2005 team had 5 games on the east coast, 4 games against teams coming off byes, and had key injuries to the offensive line.
          They lost a key game at home late in the season against the Jets or Dolphins when the team was hit with the flu virus.
          They lost the game that Gates missed when holding out. They lost a game in Denver which they controlled the first half until
          Tony Fonoti broke his hand and Denver's defense abused him. They lost in KC of course.

They bitch slapped Tom Brady and New England in Foxborough that year. Sigh!

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

They changed the defense up also: from Wade to Ted Catrell.

Chargers had a shot in 2009 because Ron Rivera was a brilliant defensive coordinator. Only truly good thing Norvell did in his 6 years was bring him in.
            Oh, my gosh, forgot all about Ted Cottrell and the "Cover Who?" defense...Good old Teddy Bear was fired mid-season in 2008...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
              So this is the flashback train?

Cool stories flowin' here.
              Toot, toot! All aboard!

Come on, Pac, hop aboard the Bolt Flashback Train and give us your take on what would have happened had Brees stayed with the Chargers...

Comment

• PR#1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
                So this is the flashback train?

Cool stories flowin' here.
                A serious pity party going on.

let me know when the tears start flowing and it's group hug time.

I may want to join in.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

A serious pity party going on.

let me know when the tears start flowing and it's group hug time.

I may want to join in.
                  image.jpeg

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

LT was a winner. I remember PR and Gates saying that and then saw a team that barely sniffed the payoffs after he left. It’s called leadership.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Brees was nothing special until Sean Peyton made him special, rolling the little QB out of the pocket to see better (a move Pete Carroll stole for little Russell Wilson).

Chargers didn't have Sean Peyton on their staff.

Had we had Bill Bellicheat the past 20 years I feel we'd have a couple to several rings with Rivers and company.

Comment

• pacstud
                        Black Belt Poster
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Charger fanatics posting opinions, reminiscing, thoughts about past present and future.
                        How dare fanatics do such thing.

Your such a sourpuss lately.
                        Is someone peeing in your Cheerios every morning?

Showing up to throw shade at other Charger fans.
                        Come on Pac, you can do better.
                        Bullshit. It's a fucking Brees/Marty flashback and you know it. Start a new thread. I don't need piss in my cheerios to not want to see threads derailed.

By the way, I wanted to draft Brady and sign Belichick. Smoke that

Comment

• pacstud
                          Black Belt Poster
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                          Brees was nothing special until Sean Peyton made him special, rolling the little QB out of the pocket to see better (a move Pete Carroll stole for little Russell Wilson).

Chargers didn't have Sean Peyton on their staff.

Had we had Bill Bellicheat the past 20 years I feel we'd have a couple to several rings with Rivers and company.
                          Brees throws at a HOF level from the pocket. A lot. Most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                          X