• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PR#1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Stick probably would have scrambled to gain some positive yardage, maybe even a first down, on that play when Rivers turtled up for a sack to put us out of figgie range. That's the game right there, among other issues...
    That is pure speculation and conjecture.

You take your opinion and present it as fact.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Rivers press conference at the end of this season will be very sad

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Rivers press conference at the end of this season will be very sad
        actually I think his presser might be happy...happy he gets more time with his kids, happy to field a 10th kid...only one more to field an oline, happy he got paid a shit ton of money.

Comment

• AFCWEST
          Registered Chiefs Fan
          • Dec 2018
          • Send PM

You do not bench a legend for poor coaching and team play. Its not like his replacement is on the bench. Rivers has given his all to the Chargers and deserves RESPECT

Comment

• pacstud
            Black Belt Poster
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Rivers plays out the season. Those asking for him to benched should be ashamed.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Chargers have a huge, huge decision to make here. Do they need to blow up the entire team? Or do they need to retool and fix some glaring holes, particularly the offensive line. Which version of Rivers (2018 vs 2019) would show up in 2020 might swing that decision one way or another. If they feel an improved offensive line would "fix" Rivers than I'd guess they would go for a retool. If they think he can't be fixed, they should blow up everything and go in a different direction. The last 4 games will be critical in their evaluation so I won't expect Rivers to be benched unless he has another 3 or 4 interception game. If they decide to bench him, it's over for him and the franchise as there is no way I see him coming back.

Comment

• El_Tee
                I’m No Noob
                • Sep 2019
                • Disney World, FL
                • Send PM

Ummm here is his last ten years. Start making excuses for why he’s had only two playoff appearances (including a 9-7 season where that usually doesn’t even get you in) and no AFCW titles.

I am not upset we drafted him and I wish him well. But change isn’t just good and inevitable... it’s necessary. FE8A3484-2081-45DD-A00D-223D93F7EC6C.jpeg

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Anthony Lynn has had three stretches.... 0-4, 22-7, and as of late 4-9.... is it time to cut bait (already) ??

it's clear that he wants an RPO Tyrod Tayloresque/Easton Sticklike QB, and Phil is not that guy.

does he have another go 'round in him w/Phil, an immobile QB, and not to his liking/of his choosing ??

and whose decision is it.... does our FO defer to Phil, or to their HC ?? or do they (team Tommy John) take matters into their own hands (and make the/a decision in the best interest of the franchi$e) ??

once upon a time we (and Ron Rivera) changed from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and then back again.... personally I don't see the rush to move on from Phil.... AL & Co still has plenty to learn (from him/this situation).
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Rivers plays out the season. Those asking for him to benched should be ashamed.
                    Those asking for him to be benched don't know what it's like to be a team that constantly picks top ten in the draft.

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    Anthony Lynn has had three stretches.... 0-4, 22-7, and as of late 4-9.... is it time to cut bait (already) ??

it's clear that he wants an RPO Tyrod Tayloresque/Easton Sticklike QB, and Phil is not that guy.

does he have another go 'round in him w/Phil, an immobile QB, and not to his liking/of his choosing ??

and whose decision is it.... does our FO defer to Phil, or to their HC ?? or do they (team Tommy John) take matters into their own hands (and make the/a decision in the best interest of the franchi$e) ??

once upon a time we (and Ron Rivera) changed from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and then back again.... personally I don't see the rush to move on from Phil.... AL & Co still has plenty to learn (from him/this situation).
                    When Lynn came on as a hire, the desire to win a championship was his appeal. Having the QB to do that ensures you're well in good hands. He had that in Rivers.

Invest in the trenches. The O-line and D-line.

Comment

• bartman83642
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      Chargers have a huge, huge decision to make here. Do they need to blow up the entire team? Or do they need to retool and fix some glaring holes, particularly the offensive line. Which version of Rivers (2018 vs 2019) would show up in 2020 might swing that decision one way or another. If they feel an improved offensive line would "fix" Rivers than I'd guess they would go for a retool. If they think he can't be fixed, they should blow up everything and go in a different direction. The last 4 games will be critical in their evaluation so I won't expect Rivers to be benched unless he has another 3 or 4 interception game. If they decide to bench him, it's over for him and the franchise as there is no way I see him coming back.
                      They need to improve the o-line regardless of who plays QB for us from here on out. I don't think blowing up the team would make at this point though, however the team seriously needs to evaluate 2nd and 3rd stringers and try to bring in higher quality free agents in the off season if possible.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Those asking for him to be benched don't know what it's like to be a team that constantly picks top ten in the draft.

But I do know what it's like...since Dec 26,1965, if you want to look up what happened on that date in Chargers history. This was ten years before we hit the very lowest point, when Prothro drafted Kelcher, Fuller, Dean and Big Hands. I have lived several cycles of Chargers football, and I am not alone. I am surprised more fans cannot see it is time to move into the next cycle...
                        As tho LA suffers fools lightly. Get Tyrod a running game. Draft an RB and an OG or something. Build the defense. Enjoy cap relief.

When Lynn came on as a hire, the desire to win a championship was his appeal. Having the QB to do that ensures you're well in good hands. He had that in Rivers.

Invest in the trenches. The O-line and D-line.
                        Where are these mythical fans, who do not want to invest in the trenches ? I say invest wisely, in all positions. Have few exploitable weaknesses. Match up well with everyone.

Most importantly, realize that Oline woes are not unique to LAC. Plug and play draftees are few and far between. The college game does not develop pro ready Olinemen. The NFL CBA does not allow for full scale practices that develop Olinemen. There is scarcity. Anyone you draft will have the same growing pains of Feeney, Quessenberry, Lamp, Tevi and Pipkins. They at least have some NFL snaps under their belt. FAs are expensive.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

They need to improve the o-line regardless of who plays QB for us from here on out. I don't think blowing up the team would make at this point though, however the team seriously needs to evaluate 2nd and 3rd stringers and try to bring in higher quality free agents in the off season if possible.
                          This is why we need waaay better evaluators in my opinion.Especially when picking up linemen.Thats why just the thought of these same schmucks picking the new leader of our team makes me kinda ill.

Comment

Working...
                          X