• Show
Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Their #1 draft pick with Lynn as HC and an unknown OC? It's not gonna be a QB. Trust me. It was weird this team didn't even try Stick at QB for the entire 4th quarter of last weeks game. They instead went with Tyrod Taylor as if to say..."he's our #2 backup nothing at QB". Where does that leave that stupid pick Stick?
    Should have picked an O-lineman that someday becomes a Pro Bowler like Queensbury will be.
    Stick wasn't activated to the roster for the game.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

What would be a good team for Rivers? Just for general discussion.
      Before They fired Rivera, I would say Carolina. But Rams might be best fit. Rams could send QB back to Philadelphia. But Denver could also be an option, or Raiders with all the extra picks could turn out to be good next year. TBA, I don’t think Rivers would go to either.

Now I’m more on the side he will retire, to many bad luck injuries to key players and just bad coaches.

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Brady is in the conversation for the GOAT. He has won multiple Super Bowls. He gets the benefit of the doubt
        I've always hated that the GOAT conversation started with Super Bowls. Brady didn't win those Super Bowls, the Patriots did. Yes, he as a QB is a very big part of that, but all but 1 super bowl team(2011) featured a top 10 defense. 5 of them were top 5 defenses. Super Bowl victories are a team win. You put Brady on any other team is he still going to 9? And also, if you put Rivers, Manning, Rodgers, or Brees on the Patriots in that same time frame, do they still have the same amount of super bowl appearances? Or do they now have more because they are on a team with great ownership and coaching?

Not denying Brady isn't great, and not one of the top of all time. But I guess I've just never liked the whole GOAT discussion being centered around super bowl victories, when not every QB has had a top 10 defense that many years of their career.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post

I've always hated that the GOAT conversation started with Super Bowls. Brady didn't win those Super Bowls, the Patriots did. Yes, he as a QB is a very big part of that, but all but 1 super bowl team(2011) featured a top 10 defense. 5 of them were top 5 defenses. Super Bowl victories are a team win. You put Brady on any other team is he still going to 9? And also, if you put Rivers, Manning, Rodgers, or Brees on the Patriots in that same time frame, do they still have the same amount of super bowl appearances? Or do they now have more because they are on a team with great ownership and coaching?

Not denying Brady isn't great, and not one of the top of all time. But I guess I've just never liked the whole GOAT discussion being centered around super bowl victories, when not every QB has had a top 10 defense that many years of their career.
          I personally think Brady is the GOAT, but it is definitely a team game. He has had the luxury of playing under the best coach in league history and surrounded by clutch players. If the Patriots had Nate Kaeding instead of Adam Vinatieri, they probably have 3 less rings. Give the Chargers Vinatieri instead of Kaeding and we might have one or two.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Stick wasn't activated to the roster for the game.
            Thanks..and that says what?
            Last edited by Caslon; 12-11-2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Thanks..and that says what?
              It means the coaching staff is trying to win games this year and has said multiple times that they will not spend snaps on developing young players. Whether this is a good or bad strategy given where we are is a debatable point.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2019
                • Send PM

Chargers will have plenty of chances to draft a QB high after Rivers leaves.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I personally think Brady is the GOAT, but it is definitely a team game. He has had the luxury of playing under the best coach in league history and surrounded by clutch players. If the Patriots had Nate Kaeding instead of Adam Vinatieri, they probably have 3 less rings. Give the Chargers Vinatieri instead of Kaeding and we might have one or two.
                  Don't 4get the "HOLY ROLLER"

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It means the coaching staff is trying to win games this year and has said multiple times that they will not spend snaps on developing young players. Whether this is a good or bad strategy given where we are is a debatable point.
                    Stick? “We think Easton has some qualities we would like to develop with and have for a longer period of time to work with him,” Lynn said. (draft day).

HUH? So...rather than bring an O-iineman along with the 5th pick, TT chose to go with a future QB who they will take their time with.
                    So...that means next pre-season, he will split time with Tyrod Taylor as backups as he is brought along slowly.

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post

Before They fired Rivera, I would say Carolina. But Rams might be best fit. Rams could send QB back to Philadelphia. But Denver could also be an option, or Raiders with all the extra picks could turn out to be good next year. TBA, I don’t think Rivers would go to either.

Now I’m more on the side he will retire, to many bad luck injuries to key players and just bad coaches.
                      He will be back, or retire. I just asked for fun.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Their #1 draft pick with Lynn as HC and an unknown OC? It's not gonna be a QB. Trust me. It was weird this team didn't even try Stick at QB for the entire 4th quarter of last weeks game. They instead went with Tyrod Taylor as if to say..."he's our #2 backup nothing at QB". Where does that leave that stupid pick Stick?
                        Should have picked an O-lineman that someday becomes a Pro Bowler like Queensbury will be.
                        Weird? WTH are you talking about? Why on Earth do they need to to play Stick? Tyrod IS their backup and Stick is a rookie. He needs to sit and learn.... .all damn season!
                        You act like that is unheard of. Rivers sat 2 friggin years!
                        Stick was a 5th round pick. You are expecting too much and implying they don't know what they are doing.
                        Well You don't know what you are talking about. Like picking 5th round OL is a gimme to be a pro bowler?
                        Well damn, why don't they just do that every year in the 5th round? Who knew.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-11-2019, 10:13 PM.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post

Football is a team sport. It’s not baseball where your individual stats are in a vacuum. Or even basketball where an individual can achieve almost alone. Super Bowls are the ultimate goal/barometer and hence the true measure.

Comment

Working...
                          X