• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Protect17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

We Have to Keep Lynn No Matter What Happens This Year

Coach Lynn is not the issue it's his coordinators and the GM .After decompressing from the Anger and Resentment I think the most solid decision is to keep Phil draft his replacement and go heavy on Oline in the draft and FA.I have been absurd in my anger for Phil and Lynn when in realitu they are doing what both think is the best for this team . Thankyou to Fleet for the only place on this planet for all of us diehards to come and cry laugh scream together .I truly care about this team and want the very best .I am noooo GM even though my mind tricks me into thinking I'm some brilliant savant ...no I'm an idiot fan with no patience.Finish up strong Chargers finish with pride finish like this is a blip on a journey to next year's Championship .Greatest fans are Charger Fans we are Cubs Redsox Clippers type diehards .We will win one soon bank on it .
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

First step is to fire Bradley in the off-season...real tired of his lame "picket fence" and soft D, letting teams march up and down the field...I'd like to hire a more aggressive DC--not a total jailbreak blitzing coach all the time, but a coach who smartly mixes in blitzes on key downs to rattle the QB...

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      First step is to fire Bradley in the off-season...real tired of his lame "picket fence" and soft D, letting teams march up and down the field...I'd like to hire a more aggressive DC--not a total jailbreak blitzing coach all the time, but a coach who smartly mixes in blitzes on key downs to rattle the QB...
      The defense is shaped around Bradley's preferences and concepts. They spent the better part of the last 3 drafts trying to get guys to fit into his system. He is what he is - average at best, frustrating, frightened at changing things up. If you get rid of him, you have to pretty much start over. That's good if you have no prospects for next year: i would have fired him yesterday if that were the case.

I"d like for Lynn to light a fire under the guy and get him to be more aggressive in spots - keep offenses guessing a bit more on what they will do.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

I'm fine with keeping Lynn. I didn't take seriously the commentary to the contrary.

I thought it was inappropriate to demand McCoy's firing in year 3, after starting off strong like Lynn.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The defense is shaped around Bradley's preferences and concepts. They spent the better part of the last 3 drafts trying to get guys to fit into his system. He is what he is - average at best, frustrating, frightened at changing things up. If you get rid of him, you have to pretty much start over. That's good if you have no prospects for next year.

I"d like for Lynn to light a fire under the guy and get him to be more aggressive in spots - keep offenses guessing a bit more on what they will do.
          I don't think Gus will react too well to Lynn lighting a fire under him. In Lynn's first season, after Bradley went with a soft D that resulted in the opposing O scoring an easy TD, the camera showed Lynn heading towards Bradley in a huff, then turning around. The announcer said that Lynn had received something like conflict resolution training to deal with Bradley, himself known as kind of stubborn. Never heard anything about this again...

Comment

• Protect17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I don't think Gus will react too well to Lynn lighting a fire under him. In Lynn's first season, after Bradley went with a soft D that resulted in the opposing O scoring an easy TD, the camera showed Lynn heading towards Bradley in a huff, then turning around. The announcer said that Lynn had received something like conflict resolution training to deal with Bradley, himself known as kind of stubborn. Never heard anything about this again...
            Gus has to go his time and schemes are tired and easy to beat .I look forward to our new coordinators.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post

Gus has to go his time and schemes are tired and easy to beat .I look forward to our new coordinators.
              Yep...the only creative and different thing Bradley has done lately is to pull Boss and Ingram from the edges and send them up the middle, on occasion...hardly any blitzing...just so predictable...

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

I keep GusD.

He is working with 3rd-4th stringers.

Comment

• El_Tee
                  I’m No Noob
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Disney World, FL
                  • Send PM

Part of the issue is getting neither two top pics this year to contribute and making a difference. We can’t keep missing in the money rounds.

Look at the 2019 Raiders draft FFS. And this is supposed to be Telesco’s STRENGTH.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                    Part of the issue is getting neither two top pics this year to contribute and making a difference. We can’t keep missing in the money rounds.

Look at the 2019 Raiders draft FFS. And this is supposed to be Telesco’s STRENGTH.
                    The Raiders had the 3rd pick and had 3 first rounders. 6 in the top 100. We picked 27th and Tillery is making progress.

The Raiders 3rd pick had 1 sack.....til they played us

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                      Coach Lynn is not the issue it's his coordinators and the GM .After decompressing from the Anger and Resentment I think the most solid decision is to keep Phil draft his replacement and go heavy on Oline in the draft and FA.I have been absurd in my anger for Phil and Lynn when in realitu they are doing what both think is the best for this team . Thankyou to Fleet for the only place on this planet for all of us diehards to come and cry laugh scream together .I truly care about this team and want the very best .I am noooo GM even though my mind tricks me into thinking I'm some brilliant savant ...no I'm an idiot fan with no patience.Finish up strong Chargers finish with pride finish like this is a blip on a journey to next year's Championship .Greatest fans are Charger Fans we are Cubs Redsox Clippers type diehards .We will win one soon bank on it .
                      Much better, Protect17...much better...hey, I have shown my ass a few times over the years, on these forums....here is a tip. If you feel like blowing up...it's not the time to post. Wait til the next day...works for me.
                      Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
                      (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                      23. A. Mitchell WR
                      37. K. Jenkins DT
                      69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
                      110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
                      181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
                      253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• pacstud
                        Black Belt Poster
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Firing Lynn or Bradley would be very, very stupid.

Upgrading the O-line (or just grading it) and finding a QB successor/replacement is key.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍