• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Lynn was hired with the caveat he could not choose his coordinators. Has that ever happened anywhere? Not sure I want to keep him, but I would also be kinda interested in what he would do with a team unfettered in his choices of coaches.
    That is partly true....... Lynn was required to KEEP the existing coordinators...... that is different.......

Coaches salaries afre guaranteed...... Spanos is cheap and does not like to fire coordinators if he still owes them money........so he has forced multiple HC's to accept the existing OC/DC's...... Marty, Turner, McCoy, and Lynn were all forced to accept existing OC/DC......

Comment

• AFCWEST
      Registered Chiefs Fan
      • Dec 2018
      • Send PM

Time to clean house. Lynn makes some real dumb in game decisions and is part of the stupid loss culture. New Stadium, New Coaches, New QB.

Comment

• pacstud
        Black Belt Poster
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Keep Lynn. Least of our problems.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

The majority of our losses came in the hands of Rivers....errr technically in the hands of the opponent's. I bet if you cut those INTS in half we'd be in the race for #1 seed. Pretty sure Lynn will be retained. That said my concern is how this staff handles a new high draft pick rookie QB?

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Must be nice to be the guy in charge of preparing the team and have nothing ever be your fault. Even better if people praise your imaginary "accountability".

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think Lynn gets a pass this year, and it isn't like he's done anything great at the same time is is just how the Chargers are everyone gets a pass.

My thoughts are how the same coach goes from 9-7, to 12-4, to posibley 7-9 or worse if you look at 2018 it was kind of the same way we won last minute games we are losing them this year. What are the factors

1. O-line worse than 2018 injuries
              2. Overall WR depth there is none
              3. Rivers play decline part to blame on O-line, and other part is why we have long developing pass plays
              4. Cornerback depth none once Trevor Williams was gone and Davis in out of the line up we are hit
              5. Bosa and Ingram haven't been consistent rushing the passer
              6. Derwin James injury

2020 Lynn will be back and we'll find out if he is a 7-9 or 8-8 this year. I don't care if he has Rivers or doesn't have Rivers in 2020 , but how does Mike Tomlin has the Steelers winning with Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges (undrafted QB) on the verge of possible making it in as a wild card, and oh yeah their WR group is a bunch of nobody's with JuJu out and he hasn't been that good.

NO EXCUSES 2020

Get an OT, and the Defense has kept us in some games and also gave up some opportunities, Lynn step your game up, no favoritism in players starting, and make better decisions and game adjustments. Lynn has to coach with what he has player wise with Rivers or without Rivers in 2020, again how the hell does Mike Tomlin has Pittsburgh competing?????

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

pls get them an IDL.... retain Sylvester, sign Shelton in FA, draft Leki Fotu or the like.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

ILynn has to coach with what he has player wise with Rivers or without Rivers in 2020, again how the hell does Mike Tomlin has Pittsburgh competing?????
                  The Steelers rarely beat themselves. They are second in the league in turnover differential at +11. We are 28th at -10. Last year we were plus 1 for the season.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The Steelers rarely beat themselves. They are second in the league in turnover differential at +11. We are 28th at -10. Last year we were plus 1 for the season.
                    I get that but Mason Rudolph & Duck Hodges at QB and no number #1 RB Connor out, no #1 WR JuJu out, inspite of Rivers play he is better than Rudolph and Hodges, anyone of our RB's are better than any RB the Steeler have put out there since Connor been out. Keenan Allen & Mike Williams are way better than any combination of WR that the Steelers have on the field and that is even with a healthy JuJu Shuister. They have had injuries on there O-line too and Pouncey was suspended. I get the turnover difference, but how we don't beat teams with lesser talent on offense especially at QB, we have lost to Duck Hodges (Pitt), Lock (Den), Tanneyhill (Ten), Flacco (Den), as bad as Rivers has been at times he is way better than these guys shouldn't we be at least 8-4 against those QB's that we should of won the games.

Turnovers are key, but man look at that list of QB's we lost to

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

I think Lynn gets a pass this year, and it isn't like he's done anything great at the same time is is just how the Chargers are everyone gets a pass.

My thoughts are how the same coach goes from 9-7, to 12-4, to posibley 7-9 or worse if you look at 2018 it was kind of the same way we won last minute games we are losing them this year. What are the factors

3. Rivers play decline part to blame on O-line, and other part is why we have long developing pass plays
                      4. Cornerback depth none once Trevor Williams was gone and Davis in out of the line up we are hit
                      6. Derwin James injury

2020 Lynn will be back and we'll find out if he is a 7-9 or 8-8 this year. I don't care if he has Rivers or doesn't have Rivers in 2020 , but how does Mike Tomlin has the Steelers winning with Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges (undrafted QB) on the verge of possible making it in as a wild card, and oh yeah their WR group is a bunch of nobody's with JuJu out and he hasn't been that good.

NO EXCUSES 2020

Get an OT, and the Defense has kept us in some games and also gave up some opportunities, Lynn step your game up, no favoritism in players starting, and make better decisions and game adjustments. Lynn has to coach with what he has player wise with Rivers or without Rivers in 2020, again how the hell does Mike Tomlin has Pittsburgh competing?????
                      Because hes a better coach,there I said it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

6. Derwin James injury

NO EXCUSES 2020

2019 Chargers won't win 7 games. How is 4-12 or 5-11 on your rate-o-meter?
                        Here's the staggering end to Phil's very good professional career:
                        Jags (?)
                        Vikings (L)
                        Raiders (L)
                        Chiefs (L)
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                          Keep Lynn. He needs a chance with a rookie QB on the upside who can run Shane Steichen's offense.

Defense: I would like Michael Davis replaced as he couldn't fucking tackle last night. Need a more physical corner. Thomas Davis shouldn't be brought back either, I'm afraid. A stud FA LB would be ideal.

Steichen has an offense? :wtf2:
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞