• NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Film Study OAK Wk 10 [Defense]

Happy hump day diehards

I was so crushed by the loss this week
    There seems to be some differening opinions on the reason for the loss, so i decided to post the last drives of the game for both teams.
    Here is the DEF drive in all-22 film, i really have no comments it hurts too much

• OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

There is alot of blame to go around but the one player I kept focus on was #23 Rashawn Jenkins FS the last line of defense and he isn't built for that position. Jenkins reaction to play development is slow and his angles are terrible which really showed on the missed tackle of Jacobs who scored the TD to seal the victory. Jenkins is very stiff and when he knows the pass is coming he is never close to closing on the reciever which is why he was in perfect position on his two interceptions this year which were a result of over throws and Jenkins lagging back from where the reciever is. I am not sure what Lynn sees in this guy, I understand he is starter by default do to injuries. In 2020 Jenkins if on the squad should be regulated to special teams.

I like to think if Derwin wouldn't of got injured and a healthy Adderly at FS we would have won a minimum of two the six games we loss. With those guys we would be at leas 6-4 good enough to be tied for the division lead.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

did we lose :raidersbarf:

Comment

• Craig440
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

As much as it hurts. I like your film study.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
          There is alot of blame to go around but the one player I kept focus on was #23 Rashawn Jenkins FS the last line of defense and he isn't built for that position. Jenkins reaction to play development is slow and his angles are terrible which really showed on the missed tackle of Jacobs who scored the TD to seal the victory. Jenkins is very stiff and when he knows the pass is coming he is never close to closing on the reciever which is why he was in perfect position on his two interceptions this year which were a result of over throws and Jenkins lagging back from where the reciever is. I am not sure what Lynn sees in this guy, I understand he is starter by default do to injuries. In 2020 Jenkins if on the squad should be regulated to special teams.

I like to think if Derwin wouldn't of got injured and a healthy Adderly at FS we would have won a minimum of two the six games we loss. With those guys we would be at leas 6-4 good enough to be tied for the division lead.
          have a look at #43 effort on that TD run too, both guys failed

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Yep. If you look at the screenshot below, Jenkins has already committed himself too early and taken the wrong angle, trying to recover, but out of the play. Meanwhile, the ball carrier cuts left and to the house. Jenkins is the last line of defense. On a play like this, he needs to slow down and stay squared up vs. the runner, waiting to see where his final cut will be, before overpursuing and whiffing.

image.png

And, here's the whiff:

image.png

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Unfortunately Jenkins is neither a deep safety nor good football player. And really sad thing is, he NEVER has been. I'm surprised the kid made it past year 1.
              Granted, he is athletic and may have some value as a Teams guy but, as has been mentioned multiple times here( and other threads), he's seldom where he needs to be, doesn't read and react, and takes horrible angles.
              If he's EVER going to be on the field in a defensive situation, it needs to be in the box, preferably on the outside.
              However, with our top 2 guys being down, AL will continue to run him out there and he will continue to disappoint.
              Any further updates about DJ or AP returning?

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍