• Show
Clear All
  • floydefisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • siberiacuse, ny
    • Send PM

Mojo.

Any way you can find out how she is doing?
    sigpic

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
      Mojo.

Any way you can find out how she is doing?
      Yes, aside from a concussion and bruises, she's doing fine. Look: Georgia photographer Chamberlain Smith updates her condition

Georgia Bulldogs Athletics intern Chamberlain Smith sent out a message to those who sent her well wishes following a scary collision on the sideline during Georgia's victory over Auburn on Saturday.

Smith was transported to the hospital after she briefly lost consciousness due to a collision with Georgia senior running back Brian Herrien, who ran into the photographer after his momentum took him out of bounds during a catch near the end of the second quarter. Smith, who graduated from Georgia's Grady College of Journalism, was released from the hospital on Saturday night.

"I haven't had a chance to respond to everyone, but I just wanted to say thank you all so much for the overwhelming outpouring of support in the form of kind comments, messages & prayers!!" Smith said in a message posted to her Twitter account on Sunday afternoon, ".. last night was very scary, but I'm so glad to be walking away with nothing more than a concussion & some bruises. I will be home resting & recovering for the next several days, but I'm looking forward to being back on the sidelines soon! (heart emoji) #godawgs."

Play was briefly halted in the game after Smith was hurt, but she eventually regained consciousness before being placed on a stretcher for precautionary reasons.

"She was taken to East Alabama Medical Center just up the road in Opelika, Alabama," CBS Sports sideline reporter Jamie Erdahl said on the CBS broadcast prior to the second-half kickoff. "As you saw she was awake. She had a bruise on that right eye as she was taken immediately to the hospital. One of her colleagues went with her. She is an intern for the Georgia athletic department working with sports communications.

"I just spoke with coach Kirby Smart, spoke to him about Brian Herrien as he was the player that made contact with her. (The running back) was pretty upset in the locker room. He got together with Jake Fromm and said a little prayer for her as we all did I'm sure."

Herrien, a senior on the Georgia roster, also sent a tweet to Chamberlain after the Bulldogs defeated Auburn 21-14. "My heart goes out to her and her family I prayed for her well being as we took a knee," Herrien wrote.

Smart sent prayers to Smith at the beginning of his postgame press conference at Jordan-Hare Stadium. The victory clinched a third consecutive SEC East Division crown for the Bulldogs.

"Well, I want to open up with thoughts and prayers going out to Chamberlain Smith, the young lady who works on (Sports Communications Director Claude Felton's) staff that got hit over on the sideline," Smart said. "It was a scary moment. Brian felt really sick about it, and it was a tough deal, but hopefully she’s going to be OK and I think she is.

"I want to thank our fans for sticking with us and I really think they pushed us through. And what an incredible atmosphere to play in. Good teams never quit, but we’ve got to do good job putting people away when we have the opportunity. I’ve got a lot of respect for Gus and his program, their staff. I’ve got a lot of friends on their staff and their kids played really hard."

https://247sports.com/Article/Chambe...ien-138785776/

Comment

• Midwestbolt
        • Feb 2019
        • Midwest
        • Local 150 operating engineer.
        • Send PM

In Mojo's name I pray

That tonight

The Chargers come out like

Comment

• Boltsfan70