• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Just Gonna Say It - Rivers Wont Be A Bolt Next Year

Rivers will not be a charger next year and we will be starting our rebuild with a new drafted QB. How many times have we seen this same scenario and River throws a int in the endzone to lose the game. These last two games it's become more and more evident that Rivers just doesn't have it this year. I honestly believe that Rivers playing in the final year of his contract and whether he will resign again is weighing heavily on his mind and it is showing on the football field.
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
    Rivers will not be a charger next year and we will be starting our rebuild with a new drafted QB. How many times have we seen this same scenario and River throws a int in the endzone to lose the game. These last two games it's become more and more evident that Rivers just doesn't have it this year. I honestly believe that Rivers playing in the final year of his contract and whether he will resign again is weighing heavily on his mind and it is showing on the football field.
    A 16 year veteran should be able to block minor stuff like that out during games. Maybe the announcement by his wife that she won't have more kids really through him off.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Yep...it's evident it's time for Rivers to call it quits...this is painful to watch...

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

The chances of Rivers leaving increase with each game but my fear is that if he does, Lynn puts Taylor in as our starting QB next year and people will see why he is a backup.

Comment

• chris9341
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

I know Rivers threw 4 int's in the game but I have to put some of the blame on the playcalling and that is you are killing them in the run game in the first half and in the second half you hardly run it at all. When you keep having Rivers throw the ball we will lose. So you use the same kinda play calling when whisenhunt was our off coordinator? The one thing that worries me is Rivers going to play for the Donkeys. Either way as long as Rivers is on this team I will root for him to win but in the back of my head I will continue to say please don't throw an int.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The chances of Rivers leaving increase with each game but my fear is that if he does, Lynn puts Taylor in as our starting QB next year and people will see why he is a backup.
            And all the people crying on this forum saying "we need a more mobile QB because we will get 1 highlight play on ESPN." Wills understand a mobile QB does not equal wins.

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

It's time to get our QB of the future. Has been time for a while. And yes we might see Tyrod for a while until our new QB gets his barrings.

Tyrod is not the solution in the long run.

Comment

• Protect17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Rivers Suuuuuuucks .Go get Cam Newton who will be healthy for the first time in 2 years .Cam has actually made a Superbowl and won MVP two things Rivers will never accomplish.

Comment

• chris9341
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Depending on what the Chargers do in the draft I see Taylor in the same role he was in Cleveland just holding the fort down until the new QB is ready.

Comment

• Protect17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Bosa won't want to be here if Rivers is what they trot out .

Comment

• WesMantooth17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                      Rivers Suuuuuuucks .Go get Cam Newton who will be healthy for the first time in 2 years .Cam has actually made a Superbowl and won MVP two things Rivers will never accomplish.
                      I can get behind this....

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                        Newton sucks and has only played in 16 games in 2 of the last 6 seasons. He wouldn't last 4 games behind this line.

Comment

Working...
                        X